N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! - Page 61 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #901
caddydaddy
2007 WK 

Since this problem seems to stem from a failure of the solder joints on the printed circuit board, has anyone tried to fix the board, instead of allowing Jeep to continue to F it up?

caddydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #902
Blown7

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddydaddy View Post
Since this problem seems to stem from a failure of the solder joints on the printed circuit board, has anyone tried to fix the board, instead of allowing Jeep to continue to F it up?
I don't think anyone has opened one up yet, nor posted pictures.
Blown7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2014, 12:45 PM   #903
mcdader
2008 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Xk View Post
Which 2? Isn't it always in 4HI with open diffs then uses the axle lock on or brakes to shift power to other tires depending on systems. Normal driving torque is 60% rear and 40% front.

The only way the 4wd won't work in Hi is for the clutch pack in the transfer case to fail, correct?
I don't remember, I can go up the hill and try again tonight. I am thinking it was drivers front and maybe passenger rear. I thought the system was suppose to shift power or something like that. I have had no issue going up this hill without the service 4wd system light.
mcdader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 11:59 AM   #904
PTee

Tested out 4-Lo today. Again, I have had no issues. My recall was done late December. This is the 3rd time I have tried it out, all without any problems. I just hope that when I actually need it later in the spring, it works.

2010 WK North Edition. QT2, loaded with Hemi
PTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 12:52 PM   #905
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Can TPMS fault cause loss of 4Lo?

I do have a TPMS fault along with my loss of 4Lo. Any chance the TPMS fault could be causing the 4Lo problem?
Unread 01-11-2014, 02:22 PM   #906
LouC
2007 WK 

Same here tried it again (this makes 3 times) works fine.
Unread 01-11-2014, 03:40 PM   #907
Jason911
2008 WK 

Blown7 - your inbox is full, I can't PM you. Any chance you can get that FDCM shipped back to me? Really would like to install it before I go north to Copper Harbor, MI.
Jason911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #908
ASTMedic

I've tried mine a few times since having the dealership "redo" the flash, worked every time. My not be totally accurate though since I've done some changing of tire size with the Flashpaq and DTC are cleared during that process.
ASTMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 03:05 AM   #909
Blown7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason911 View Post
Blown7 - your inbox is full, I can't PM you. Any chance you can get that FDCM shipped back to me? Really would like to install it before I go north to Copper Harbor, MI.
Got it in the mail yesterday..

Damn PM box what forum only gives you 20 messages?

This forum sucks.. and no I'm not joining.. I've done thousands of dollars of free stuff for people for years..

One guy even bought me a sponsorship years ago..
Blown7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #910
ecollins7
2006 WK 

We'll after 2 months of 4low being fixed, I tried it today and it doesn't work
ecollins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 09:12 AM   #911
North40
2006 XK Commander 

Update on my situation - the dealer agreed to pay for a new actuator and installation around Dec 19th. Said he'd call in a week when it came in. Well that came and went. Called late last week and the parts guy said it's on backorder until Feb 21st and it shows that they are "not even making them right now" and there are over 3,000 on backorder. I'm gonna take a wild stab that I won't see an actuator on Feb 21st....2014....or maybe 2015 for that matter. Definitely not before the snow stops for the winter. ****sigh**** pain in the arse.....
North40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 10:55 AM   #912
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Update

Back from the dealer diagnostic. The tech. says I need a new actuator and that they are on backorder so I am not holding my breath for repairs.

This is a major disappointment because I am heading off to Arizona and Utah soon in hopes of doing some offroading with the local jeep clubs. Without 4Lo I won't be able to do the rugged terrain.

I will try and find an actuator once I get down to Arizona, but from what I am reading here it sounds like there might not be any available there either.

Tech says good power getting to the actuator but nothing happening.

Last edited by oldsmoke; 01-13-2014 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: spelling
oldsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 12:01 PM   #913
ecollins7
2006 WK 

Dealership told me it was the actuator and that they can have one by tomorrow, I told them I refuse to pay for it and now I'm waiting for the manager to talk to.
Unread 01-13-2014, 01:40 PM   #914
ecollins7
2006 WK 

They told me it would be 710 for a new actuator and I told them that was ridiculous and I'm not paying for it. Guy came back and said the best they could do it give me 15% off and I told him I'm not paying for it.

Chrysler customer service said they have to stand behind the decision of the dealership and they could confirm if they have had other calls about this same issue.

I then cleared the code with my superchips and of course 4low works so I called the service manager and asked if the actuator wasn't bad and not getting any power from it like they said, how come a simple code clear fixes it for now. He then told they would redo the recall and I said I already know that is not possible. He then told me to call Chrysler and talk to them about covering the cost. This is after Chrysler told me they will back the dealerships decision.

Chryslers handling of this is ridiculous and is turning me away from their products in the future if this is how they handle business.
Unread 01-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #915
redcherokee_j

FIX: No Superchips needed

05 WK, no 4WD Lo. Bought ELM-327 (~$8) and sent a simple reset command through serial comms. 4WD Lo works again! Of course this might only be temp until the flashed software sets off "service 4wd" message again.

Will update if service message comes back and I am not able to clear it the same way.

UPDATE 1:
This seems to be a fluke it did not work for another

Last edited by redcherokee_j; 01-14-2014 at 12:12 PM..
redcherokee_j is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.