N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! - Page 59 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low!

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 01-07-2014, 09:05 AM   #871
caddydaddy
2007 WK 

Strange situation here:
I just bought my '07 a few days ago, and the Jeep website lists the recall as still outstanding on it. I found in the paperwork from the previous owner that he had requested the dealer perform the N23 recall. Since my 4 Low works, and the Jeep website lists the recall as not done, I'm not sure if the dealer did it or not!

caddydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 09:50 AM   #872
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddydaddy
Strange situation here: I just bought my '07 a few days ago, and the Jeep website lists the recall as still outstanding on it. I found in the paperwork from the previous owner that he had requested the dealer perform the N23 recall. Since my 4 Low works, and the Jeep website lists the recall as not done, I'm not sure if the dealer did it or not!
If you want to verify it has been completed take it back to the dealer and let them determine. If you didn't want it done wait and see if you have any issues. Put it in low range a couple times monthly.
10Xk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #873
Chadwi
2007 WK 

Chrysler needs to fix this, log a complaint here...

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl.../preview.xhtml
2007 WK CRD, Bilstein 5100's set at .75" RC rear spacer, OME MD springs F/R. At 22" front 23" rear hub to fender. JBA control arms, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers, Fierce Attitude MT's, 4XGuard front skid, Full LED interior swap, 9012 low, 9011 high/driving light bulb swap. Swirl motor resistor mod, Front pinch weld mod...
Chadwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 03:19 PM   #874
joshmantesso13
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadwi View Post
Chrysler needs to fix this, log a complaint here...

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl.../preview.xhtml
To bad people from canada can't fill out this complaint
joshmantesso13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #875
MikeJeep09

Yes fill out the nhtsb form, the more the better. I even went to the bbb. Next is a letter to the editor of our local paper. I still do not understand how Chrysler denies ever hearing of this problem.
MikeJeep09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 05:27 PM   #876
allz28
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJeep09 View Post
This is really something else. The dealership that did the recall had never had any issues with the n23 recall. So out of curiosity I called about 6 different Jeep service departments and none have them have had any issues with the recall. So my question is, "is there any dealerships that have seen issues with this recall?" Seems like we are on our own without any support from a dealership that can back us up. Without a dealership calling Chrysler they will keep saying they never heard of any problems with the recall.
I encountered the same thing with the service representatives at my local dealership. After a half hour of arguing (which included where the service representative tried to tell me that a Final Drive Controller Module is not the same thing as a Transfer Case Module! ) I talked him into walking me back to the garage to speak with the Service Techs. The service tech manager then stated that I was right and that they are seeing problems with 1 out of every 3 Jeeps with the n23 recall performed. I highly suspect that 1 out of 3 statistic correlates to the number of people who actually try to use their 4wd low.

You have to speak to the mechanics and not the people at the front desk to hear what's really going on.

This situation is bringing back bad memories of how Jeep screwed me out of our lifetime warranty (When My wife and I married, her last name changed and they listed us as no longer the original owners. Then they never sent us notification to bring the Jeep in for inspection during their 60-day window. By the time I figured this out they had voided my warranty and will not reinstate it, even though they admitted fault!)
allz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #877
MikeJeep09

Thank for the reply. The problem is if the mechanics are not telling their bosses of these problems their bosses are not telling Chrysler.
Unread 01-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #878
dorelse
2008 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by allz28 View Post
This situation is bringing back bad memories of how Jeep screwed me out of our lifetime warranty (When My wife and I married, her last name changed and they listed us as no longer the original owners. Then they never sent us notification to bring the Jeep in for inspection during their 60-day window. By the time I figured this out they had voided my warranty and will not reinstate it, even though they admitted fault!)
I'd have been at small claims court over that one...you've lost real value in your vehicle b/c of that and Chrysler Legal would have been able to force the warranty area to fix that...
dorelse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #879
allz28
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorelse View Post
I'd have been at small claims court over that one...you've lost real value in your vehicle b/c of that and Chrysler Legal would have been able to force the warranty area to fix that...
Trust me, I've thought about it. But I've read about many people who went to court with several "winning" situations like this only to lose anyway to these big legal teams. They then not only got screwed out of their warranty, but also their time and additional money.
Unread 01-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #880
allz28
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJeep09 View Post
Thank for the reply. The problem is if the mechanics are not telling their bosses of these problems their bosses are not telling Chrysler.
To follow up, I got a call from the dealer service rep today where he said he had been in touch with his district service supervisor and that "they are well aware of the n23 problem." Now suddenly they have decided to attempt to fix this at no cost to me. I believe the people at the front desks and on the phones at these dealers are out of the loop on purpose--so that they turn away lots of unsuspecting customers.
Unread 01-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #881
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by allz28
You relied on Jeep to notify you to bring in your vehicle for the inspection to maintain the lifetime warranty through jeep?
10Xk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #882
allz28
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Xk View Post
You relied on Jeep to notify you to bring in your vehicle for the inspection to maintain the lifetime warranty through jeep?
I never even knew I had to bring it in for inspection period. The dealer never told us when I purchased the Jeep. They just told me I had a powertrain warranty for as long as I owned my Jeep. I imagine it probably says something in my warranty paperwork about the mandatory inspections, but like 90% of people, I never read the fine print. I just bought my jeep and went out and enjoyed it.

Plus, what reasonable person even knows what the anniversary date of their purchase is?
Unread 01-08-2014, 02:12 PM   #883
Blown7

Starcase is a Chrysler acknowledged problem originated at the dealer level that can't be repaired at the dealer level quickly without further investigation by Chrysler at the higher levels then finding a solution that the dealer tech can accomplish.

Star Mobile is a Service diagnostic tool. http://dcctools.com/en/starmobile/
Blown7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #884
suzieque
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by allz28 View Post
Plus, what reasonable person even knows what the anniversary date of their purchase is?
I do. It's important to know when you run out of warranty so that you can get any last minute squeeks and rattles investigated.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #885
MikeJeep09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown7 View Post
Starcase is a Chrysler acknowledged problem originated at the dealer level that can't be repaired at the dealer level quickly without further investigation by Chrysler at the higher levels then finding a solution that the dealer tech can accomplish.

Star Mobile is a Service diagnostic tool. http://dcctools.com/en/starmobile/
So then this is a good thing? Maybe Chrysler will fix their mistake? If so then should I just wait and see? I do not "need" 4 lo but would like to have what I paid for.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.