N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! - Page 55 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #811
WKDiesel

I was just at the dealership. They replaced the actuator. Right in front of the dealership I tried to use 4LO the Service 4WD Message came up. Arggg. I wonder if this will ever get fixed.

WKDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 05:05 PM   #812
ASTMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKDiesel
I was just at the dealership. They replaced the actuator. Right in front of the dealership I tried to use 4LO the Service 4WD Message came up. Arggg. I wonder if this will ever get fixed.
Buy the Flashpaq. Only way you can be sure 4 low will work when you need it.
ASTMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #813
nychaze
2010 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKDiesel View Post
Exactly why I keep telling jeep they can take their "free" actuator "fix" and stick it up their *** because I'm not about to waste my time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
nychaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #814
LouC
2007 WK 

What a mess. I had mind done back in Sept and used it 2x after that, it worked fine. Now I usually don't need it so I'm haven't been trying to use it to see if its OK still. Will I get the error code even if I don't try to use 4Low?
If I get another Jeep it might have to be a Wrangler, unless they manage to screw that one up too. I hate to go back to Japanese for SUVs but might have no choice. I told a Ford salesman in 98 they could not sell me an Explorer because I did not like electronic 4x4, guess what I still DON'T.
Either that, or I will go lookin for a good condition 06 TJ long wheelbase, fix whatever is wrong with it and Jeep on....
Being someone from the points and condenser era, this crap is just a big waste of time and money so drivers can get more stupid!!
Unread 12-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #815
WKDiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTMedic View Post
Buy the Flashpaq. Only way you can be sure 4 low will work when you need it.

I'm able to clear the code with the SnapOn Scantool. Wished someone would write a program for my smartphone so I can use my bluetooth obd dongle to reset.

Gary
WKDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #816
ducktail
2009 WK 

Be sure to post up in the survey about the 4 lo problems.
Unread 12-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #817
nychaze
2010 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducktail View Post
Be sure to post up in the survey about the 4 lo problems.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...*SURVEY*******

Unread 12-31-2013, 05:19 AM   #818
Blown7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKDiesel View Post
I'm able to clear the code with the SnapOn Scantool. Wished someone would write a program for my smartphone so I can use my bluetooth obd dongle to reset.

Gary
Well I am involved with a aftermarket tool that can do that, not sure if that always sends a reset but Joe could design it that way.
It is hardwired into the Can Bus circuit, it does what the Flash pack does and more.

http://www.zautotech.com/tranzformer.html

Send Joe a email and tell him i sent you
Blown7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #819
GPERSCREEPERS99

I'm not getting the recall performed until they figure out whats really wrong and fixing it properly. My question is When I google this recall and problems associated with the recall I don't really see any other websites of people with this problem other then here on JF. My question is why is this really the only place I see complaints?

I keep reading in this thread about 700+ actuators on order etc but 700 is not that many when you consider how many Jeep Grand Cherokees are being recalled under the N23. Maybe Chrysler doesn't really think there is a problem because a small percentage of people are only noticing the issue. If only 700 actuators are on order and lets say 1,000,000 Recalled Grand Cherokees have this issue after the "Fix" thats .0007 percent of them that have an issue which is probably not enough for CHrysler to worry about it. We all know it is more like all of them have the problem but if people don't shift in to 4 low they don't know and haven't made a complaint to Chrysler. I never have shifted my Grand Cherokee into 4low as it only sees the road and I've never had to go into 4 low in the snow but I don't want to lose the ability so I will sit and wait or maybe its time to sell it/trade it in.
12 Grand Cherokee Wife's Daily Driver
GPERSCREEPERS99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #820
ASTMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPERSCREEPERS99
I'm not getting the recall performed until they figure out whats really wrong and fixing it properly. My question is When I google this recall and problems associated with the recall I don't really see any other websites of people with this problem other then here on JF. My question is why is this really the only place I see complaints? I keep reading in this thread about 700+ actuators on order etc but 700 is not that many when you consider how many Jeep Grand Cherokees are being recalled under the N23. Maybe Chrysler doesn't really think there is a problem because a small percentage of people are only noticing the issue. If only 700 actuators are on order and lets say 1,000,000 Recalled Grand Cherokees have this issue after the "Fix" thats .0007 percent of them that have an issue which is probably not enough for CHrysler to worry about it. We all know it is more like all of them have the problem but if people don't shift in to 4 low they don't know and haven't made a complaint to Chrysler. I never have shifted my Grand Cherokee into 4low as it only sees the road and I've never had to go into 4 low in the snow but I don't want to lose the ability so I will sit and wait or maybe its time to sell it/trade it in.
You answered your own question. You wouldn't have known about the problem if it wasn't for those of us who use the 4 low since you never use it. Think about how many people are just like you. Remember that there is percentage that wouldn't know about it except that they use the neutral feature to tow the jeep behind a motor home. Then there are the people who do have a 4 low problem after the flash but just trust that what the dealer is telling them is true and their actuator is the problem and never look on line to see the problems others are having. Of course the numbers are low. The majority of people who buy an SUV type vehicle never use it off road.

I'd say the fact that about 99% of those actuators on order are due to the same code should tip off corporate more than it is. Well that's assuming they haven't noticed and are not just keeping this as close to the chest as possible. (You know what one I have my money on here)
ASTMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 11:30 AM   #821
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPERSCREEPERS99 View Post
I'm not getting the recall performed until they figure out whats really wrong and fixing it properly. My question is When I google this recall and problems associated with the recall I don't really see any other websites of people with this problem other then here on JF. My question is why is this really the only place I see complaints?
Unlike wranglers there aren't a lot of active WK/XK forums out there. There's actually only 3 other quasi-active forums that i'm aware of, two of which I frequent and both of which have members with these issues.
sk1er18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 12:28 PM   #822
nychaze
2010 XK Commander 

[QUOTE=GPERSCREEPERS99;18983681 My question is When I google this recall and problems associated with the recall I don't really see any other websites of people with this problem other then here on JF.[/QUOTE]

You suck at searching, or just about as good as the idiots at Chrysler, no offense.

Google:

Jeep n23 recall service 4wd

Happening on UK forums and Australia along with jeepcommander.com or pretty much any other forum specific to WK/XK

The problem 90% of owners never put it into 4wd low. So I bet the number are relatively low.

Unread 12-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #823
nychaze
2010 XK Commander 

Survey on the forum:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/n...urvey-1873090/

Out of 116 votes:

49 - service 4wd light on

43 - have read the forums and aren't letting jeep touch them

24 - have had no problem or the actuator was replaced. The issue I have with this number is if you go down and get your codes cleared or hAve an actuator thrown in it can last a day, week, or on some a month before the message will come up. So I bet there are some people that think they are good but only to have the message come back after a period of time.

If you haven't filled out the survey please do and those that think they are fixed please post an update.

Unread 12-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #824
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown7 View Post
Well I am involved with a aftermarket tool that can do that, not sure if that always sends a reset but Joe could design it that way.
It is hardwired into the Can Bus circuit, it does what the Flash pack does and more.

http://www.zautotech.com/tranzformer.html

Send Joe a email and tell him i sent you
Looks good! But do you trust using t-taps for those 8 connections?
07 Steel Blue Overland CRD QDII | Bilsteins | 4xguard Matrix | Rear SRT8 SwayBar | DashHawk w/egt | Provent | MBRP XP Exhaust | New Intake Tube & Seal + EHM | Alternator Splash Guard | Crank Sensor | GPS AL InMotion Hack | Swirl motor bypass | Fuelly.com - wookiee | Blue WK Club Member #13 | 100,000 Mile Club | Dogpiled Club | flashpaq 3872 for those no 4-low days |
wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 06:15 PM   #825
GermantownJeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermantownJeep
Ok thanks. Guess I'll look into a Flashpaq. Haven't gotten the message for a couple months, but I live in constant fear of its return.
FYI, I emailed DiabloSport yesterday, and they confirmed their stuff won't clear the 4wd code.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.