N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 08-31-2013, 02:48 AM   #46
RockinR
2006 XK Commander 

Had my Commander reflashed 3 times. Last time it lasted 1 day. My dealer is ordering me a new t-case actuator. I am not sure if some actuators are defective, or if the reflash causes some actuators to go bad.???

photo0260.jpg  
RockinR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #47
Umbrella
2006 XK Commander 

Latest update: It is gone again.

Didn't even last a week.

“If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right!” Mae West
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #48
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trax95008
Regardless if your 4WD is still functioning, (mine still works flawlessly) it's a safety concern. Lets say your jeep is sitting in your driveway and the T-case decides to shift into neutral, and your jeep rolls over your child! Will you then wish you had the recall performed?
It's a liability concern, meaning that a certain percentage of all 2005-2010 Grand Cherokees/Commanders had an issue so they issued a recall because (1) it broke the percentage line they have drawn, and (2) because the recall would ding the dealerships a minimum in free labor costs.

My E-brake works great, who cares if my T-Case mysteriously shifts.
KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
0321Nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #49
suzieque
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinR View Post
Had my Commander reflashed 3 times. Last time it lasted 1 day. My dealer is ordering me a new t-case actuator. They told me today that Jeep has identified the actuators as defective. My new actuator will be replaced under warrenty. But, it is on back order, and may take a while to come in. Obviously, the re-flash wasn't a good fix. The t-case actuators are defective, which is why they could lose power, and shift into neutral. My dealer ordered the existing actuator earlier this week. It was cancelled by Chrysler. My dealer said that Chrysler does not want any more defective actuators on the street!!!
So you or your dealer believe that the new actuator does not require a reflash? I wonder what makes the new actuator different from the old actuator. The recall itself suggests a circuit board is mechanically damaged and that causes the shift into neutral. I'm not clear where the circuit board is that is failing, is it in the actuator itself? Is it in the pcm? Is it in he ecu? Based on your experience. My guess is that the failed circuit board is in the actuator and the old actuator in your jeep has actually failed and that is why he reflash does not work, but that is just my guess. It would be good if your dealer would let you perform an autopsy on the old actuator.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #50
GermantownJeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinR
Had my Commander reflashed 3 times. Last time it lasted 1 day. My dealer is ordering me a new t-case actuator. They told me today that Jeep has identified the actuators as defective. My new actuator will be replaced under warrenty. But, it is on back order, and may take a while to come in. Obviously, the re-flash wasn't a good fix. The t-case actuators are defective, which is why they could lose power, and shift into neutral. My dealer ordered the existing actuator earlier this week. It was cancelled by Chrysler. My dealer said that Chrysler does not want any more defective actuators on the street!!!
I had the flash done a few weeks ago. I noticed my 4lo was gone last weekend. I took it back in Wed. The dealer kept it for a couple days and even called Chrysler about it. They determined mine was a bad actuator as well and replaced it under the powertrain warranty. I'm going to check it periodically though and make sure I don't lose it again.
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #51
WmassWK
2006 WK 

Heading to the gym yesterday my dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Gauges died, every light lit up and the chimes were a chimin'! This happened for roughly 10 seconds. Pulled out the tuner to check the codes and 4 active showed:

U0114: no communication w/ FDCM
U0126: No commuication w/ steering angle sensor
B2100: Ignition run/start input circuit performance
C140f: Tcase position sensor erratic performance

Issues after the N23 reflash went away after I cleared the codes and played with the tuner. Now this was pretty sketchy. If it wasn't for the C140f and U0114 dtc's then I'd think it a coincidence. Any thoughts? I really hate dealers and never left one without having issues either immediately or soon afterwards.

P.S. after the reset I headed home and twice on the highway this occurred. This time no dtc's were stored. I did put some miles on today without issue.
WmassWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #52
scott02ws6
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmassWK View Post
Heading to the gym yesterday my dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Gauges died, every light lit up and the chimes were a chimin'! This happened for roughly 10 seconds. Pulled out the tuner to check the codes and 4 active showed:

U0114: no communication w/ FDCM
U0126: No commuication w/ steering angle sensor
B2100: Ignition run/start input circuit performance
C140f: Tcase position sensor erratic performance

Issues after the N23 reflash went away after I cleared the codes and played with the tuner. Now this was pretty sketchy. If it wasn't for the C140f and U0114 dtc's then I'd think it a coincidence. Any thoughts? I really hate dealers and never left one without having issues either immediately or soon afterwards.

P.S. after the reset I headed home and twice on the highway this occurred. This time no dtc's were stored. I did put some miles on today without issue.
This sounds more like the ignition switch than an issue with the recall. It happened to mine, I switched out the ignition switch and it went away. I got it off of rockauto for like $40-50 IIRC and took like 20-30 minutes to switch. U0114, u0126 and c140f could have something to do with the recall, oddly enough I have those as well but this issue cane before I had the recall done and those codes after. Just my opinion.... Also I completely agree, I HATE going to the dealership. After I left with this flash I had codes that weren't there before, no 4-lo and no answers. I ton it back in and they wouldn't even attempt to reflash my Jeep.
Unread 09-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #53
WmassWK
2006 WK 

Thanks scott02ws6,
Ill look into this more today. A new ignition switch is cheap enough so it's a good place to start (no pun intended).
WmassWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #54
scott02ws6
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmassWK View Post
Thanks scott02ws6,
Ill look into this more today. A new ignition switch is cheap enough so it's a good place to start (no pun intended).
I see what you did there haha
Unread 09-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #55
RockinR
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermantownJeep View Post
I had the flash done a few weeks ago. I noticed my 4lo was gone last weekend. I took it back in Wed. The dealer kept it for a couple days and even called Chrysler about it. They determined mine was a bad actuator as well and replaced it under the powertrain warranty. I'm going to check it periodically though and make sure I don't lose it again.
Mine issued, I haven't had it installed yet.
Unread 09-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #56
RockinR
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinR View Post
Mine issued, I haven't had it installed yet.
Dealer installed new actuator this morning. Took a little over 1 hr. No Charge-Under Warrenty. All works fine, but will be checking periodically...
Unread 09-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #57
Beeracuda
2006 WK 

After reading everything about the problems, I checked my 4WD Lo right after having the recall done. It worked fine. Then I tried it about a week later and on comes the Service 4WD. So, I am scheduled to take it back in on Wednesday. We will see what happens then.

The Beeracuda: http://youtu.be/Kcp0sqG_03M
Beeracuda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #58
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Sounds like I did the right thing in not getting the flash.....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #59
Kman09JGC

I'm not getting in done right now after reading about all the problems. Besides just put S/C 91 perf tune w/ trans app and don't feel like taking it out.lol I'll just use ebrake for a while and see what they come up with.
Black WK Club #107
Kman09JGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #60
Ditchd
2009 WK 

I had the flash done here in the UK and guess what........

A week later I too have the service 4wd lot up and no lo.

What a pain in the arse.
Ditchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
error , recall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.