N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low!

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Reply
Unread 11-20-2013, 05:21 AM   #361
lucifers_jeep
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Antwerp, Ohio
Posts: 38
Well, my 4lo is out again..... back to the dealership it goes.

lucifers_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:06 AM   #362
FireMedic493
Registered User
2006 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fort Wayne/Huntington, IN
Posts: 77
Well, I had the commander back in to the dealership yet again. Turns out they lied about changing out the transfer case actuator, and got caught by Chrysler during my communication between them. They will be replacing it, but they claim it's still on backorder. I think I'm gonna go the superchips route here soon. Does anyone know if the programmer permanently clears the codes and fixes the problem, or does it come back like when the dealership clears it? Also, could someone post up the exact model of superchips again? I lost it in the 20+ pages of info here.

Thanks!
__________________
2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L, QDII, Stock height, Stock skid plates, Custom Off-Road light setup, Custom front/rear recovery points, aftermarket tow hitch, K&N cold air intake, Stock size Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor A/T tires, Enough flashy blue lights to send you into epileptic seizures
FireMedic493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:35 AM   #363
abajoczky
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North Augusta, SC
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedic493 View Post
Well, I had the commander back in to the dealership yet again. Turns out they lied about changing out the transfer case actuator, and got caught by Chrysler during my communication between them. They will be replacing it, but they claim it's still on backorder. I think I'm gonna go the superchips route here soon. Does anyone know if the programmer permanently clears the codes and fixes the problem, or does it come back like when the dealership clears it? Also, could someone post up the exact model of superchips again? I lost it in the 20+ pages of info here.

Thanks!
It'll come back eventually just like from the dealer, mine has before. But, at least you'll be able to the clear the codes without having to visit the dealer. Mine is a Flashpaq 3875, bought it used and unlocked off of Craigslist for $150.
__________________
2007 XK Limited
4.7L Flex
QDII
abajoczky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:53 AM   #364
lucifers_jeep
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Antwerp, Ohio
Posts: 38
Just called the 800 number and ripped them a new one. Dealership is next.......
lucifers_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #365
Jeep1975
Registered User
2006 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Jessup, PA
Posts: 3
I was told today that the "Final Drive Control Module" is the same as the "Transfer Case Control Module" for all the DIY's out there. It can be changed easily, but (you guessed it) it has to be programmed by the dealer. Part two to the problem (from what I was told) is that there appears to be a shortage of them (RL044129AO, latest model, new and refurbished, NV 245 Transfer Case). Jeez, I wonder why there is a shortage. LOL....
As I mentioned in a prior post, I opened a case with Chrysler that hit a dead-end when the regional manager said the failure/malfunction of the FDCM is not related to the recall.... However and unfortunately, until Chrysler finally recognizes or admits (if ever) that this is a related issue, you will have to pay for the installation and/or programming of the FDCM if you wish to use your 4WD Low Range. I'm just hoping this is the fix and not a shot in the dark.
I'm not sure what else to do at this point other than letting them install and program the FDCM (if one is available) to the tune of $504.75. I was quoted $621.00, but I was told that was in error. If and when, this too becomes covered by the recall, I was told you can submit to Chrysler for reimbursement, you just need the receipt regardless if you still own the vehicle
I would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions/insights. Is there a way to fast track this additional recall issue?? I usually never get worked up about this kind of thing, but this really has me upset....
Jeep1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #366
slayerized6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 81
Where abouts on the transfer case is the actuator? And what does it look like. I want to mark mine before I bring it in to get swapped out in a few weeks.
__________________
2008 WK Limited | 5.7 HEMI | QDII | OME HD | 255/75/17's on MOAB's | Spidertraxx 1.5'' spacers | ROLA Rack | Front Pinch Weld Mod | Superchips 3870
slayerized6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #367
Robert J. yates
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: mars
Posts: 2,976
Thank god I never initiated any work on my truck related to this. Jeep ought to be ashamed of themselves. What a clusterf@#k.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by samgm2 View Post
And yes, I am an exceptional scientist and engineer.
Robert J. yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #368
Blue_Sassley
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 71
I fell super lucky after reading this thread. I never used my 4-low before I did the recall. But tested it for the first time since owning this jeep it was about 7 weeks ago and it was fine (that was a month or so after I had the recall done). Then used it many times for about the next two or three weeks after well I was hunting and had to drive thru some swampy roads and very lightly flooded trails.

I really feel sorry for those that have had issues.

Blue
__________________
2008 Grand Cherokee Laredo CRD - QDII - GDE Tune Oct 2013 - DPF delete by tnadanzig
2002 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L - ST - Stock (Wreaked)
1999 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L - QTII - Stock
1997 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L - ST - Stock (Wreaked)
Blue_Sassley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #369
Chirpz
Senior Member
 
Chirpz's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by nychaze View Post
Just went and bought a super chip flashpaq down at 4 wheel parts an hour ago...cleared the codes and shifted into 4wd multiple times.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Could you give the exact model number and name of that device please. Also...what did it cost?
__________________
[B]Chirpz[/B]
2007 WK 3.0L CRD, Quadradrive II, GDE EcoTune, DPF-Delete
4xGuard Front, Rear, Belly, & Side Rails, Factory Skids
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #370
slayerized6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpz View Post
Could you give the exact model number and name of that device please. Also...what did it cost?
I just purchased one yesterday. Waiting for it to come via UPS. This was the best price

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Performan...9&t_pn=SCI3870

USE COUPON CODE "CC5OFF" FOR 5% OFF. FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED YOU ALSO GET A $25 Promo Coupon

TOTAL= $269.79
__________________
2008 WK Limited | 5.7 HEMI | QDII | OME HD | 255/75/17's on MOAB's | Spidertraxx 1.5'' spacers | ROLA Rack | Front Pinch Weld Mod | Superchips 3870
slayerized6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #371
nychaze
Registered User
2010 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerized6 View Post
I just purchased one yesterday. Waiting for it to come via UPS. This was the best price

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Performan...9&t_pn=SCI3870

USE COUPON CODE "CC5OFF" FOR 5% OFF. FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED YOU ALSO GET A $25 Promo Coupon

TOTAL= $269.79
If you have a local 4wheelparts store call to see if they have 1 in stock but make sure you tell there website shows it cheaper. Its like $300 off the shelf.

Manufacture - Model
SuperChip - Flashpaq 3870

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
nychaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 02:53 AM   #372
OttawaJeepClub
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 38
Anyone with a Predator able to clear the codes? When I returned it back to the stock tune, it seemed to clear them, just wondering. DS suggested I try someone with an Intune to see if it will clear them, but I don't know anyone around me with one.
OttawaJeepClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #373
Rockin1
Registered User
2006 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: FOR SALE
Posts: 86
I have posted this link before. I recommend that all fill it out. They do contact you within 24 hours, and they contact your dealer. http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/EmailPage.html
Rockin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #374
xjtrailrider
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Roanoke VA
Posts: 124
4-low is out again on mine. Back to the dealer. It made it a month this time
xjtrailrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 06:24 AM   #375
jjarvis0007
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NLR, AR
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep1975 View Post
I was told today that the "Final Drive Control Module" is the same as the "Transfer Case Control Module" for all the DIY's out there. It can be changed easily, but (you guessed it) it has to be programmed by the dealer. Part two to the problem (from what I was told) is that there appears to be a shortage of them (RL044129AO, latest model, new and refurbished, NV 245 Transfer Case). Jeez, I wonder why there is a shortage. LOL....
As I mentioned in a prior post, I opened a case with Chrysler that hit a dead-end when the regional manager said the failure/malfunction of the FDCM is not related to the recall.... However and unfortunately, until Chrysler finally recognizes or admits (if ever) that this is a related issue, you will have to pay for the installation and/or programming of the FDCM if you wish to use your 4WD Low Range. I'm just hoping this is the fix and not a shot in the dark.
I'm not sure what else to do at this point other than letting them install and program the FDCM (if one is available) to the tune of $504.75. I was quoted $621.00, but I was told that was in error. If and when, this too becomes covered by the recall, I was told you can submit to Chrysler for reimbursement, you just need the receipt regardless if you still own the vehicle
I would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions/insights. Is there a way to fast track this additional recall issue?? I usually never get worked up about this kind of thing, but this really has me upset....
Who's to say they don't mess that one up just like they did the first one? Obviously everyone's worked great before the recall. It's the programming not the hardware.
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.