N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #301
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I guess, the wife took it in. I really wish I could read the codes if any because I don't think they have a clue what they're doing. My reader only reads engine codes.

Unread 11-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #302
Hemily_GC

2005 WK 

image-3345417402.jpg

In for the 3rd attempt on the recall. The service manager basically said if this didn't work that it would be up to me on replacing the actuator.
Unread 11-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #303
Hemily_GC

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemily_GC
In for the 3rd attempt on the recall. The service manager basically said if this didn't work that it would be up to me on replacing the actuator.
So this time I stood close while they did the recall. After the tech had finished he told me that it was still showing DTC C140F I asked if he cleared it 3 times like step 15 says in the recall steps. He looked at me with with a blank face and then asked why i wanted him to reflash it 3 times. From this point I went back in and talked with the Service manager. He confirmed that the tech had told him that the the DTC was still active. When I asked him about step 15 clearing the codes 3 times he had no clue what I was talking about. After showing him a copy of the steps for the recall he said "WOW". They went ahead and cleared it and the code is gone now. I can't believe the people they have working in the Service dept. it unacceptable that a customer has to read the instructions to them. Oh well guess time will tell if this fixes it.
Unread 11-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #304
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemily_GC View Post
So this time I stood close while they did the recall. After the tech had finished he told me that it was still showing DTC C140F I asked if he cleared it 3 times like step 15 says in the recall steps. He looked at me with with a blank face and then asked why i wanted him to reflash it 3 times. From this point I went back in and talked with the Service manager. He confirmed that the tech had told him that the the DTC was still active. When I asked him about step 15 clearing the codes 3 times he had no clue what I was talking about. After showing him a copy of the steps for the recall he said "WOW". They went ahead and cleared it and the code is gone now. I can't believe the people they have working in the Service dept. it unacceptable that a customer has to read the instructions to them. Oh well guess time will tell if this fixes it.
Good luck. Taking mine back next week for trip #6
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #305
Rockin1
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemily_GC View Post
For a long time I only thought my dealer had inferior mechanics who either didn't know or worse didn't care. After reading all of these posts, I am convinced that most dealership mechanics are either lacking proper training, or just plain don't care. My advice to dealership mechanics who don't give a damn is GET OUT BEFORE YOU HURT SOMEONE!!! As a retired aircraft mechanic for the DoD (28 1/2 years) I had to remind myself every day how vital it was that I did my job to the best of my ability, and if I had any doubts about a particular job, I needed to stop and get answers before proceeding!
Rockin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #306
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Amen Rockin! It's very sad but I've given it a lot of thought. The dealer mechanics (parts changers ) just have to keep the vehicle rolling til the warranty is up. After that the owner gets to pay for all the stuff they messed up along the way. Dealers make almost $0 profit on warranty and recall work so you get the lowest paid person to do the work.
Unread 11-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #307
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Its fun to beat up on dealers and may be most of the time they deserve it but not always....

1. When we broke down in Vegas while pulling our trailer through town, we coasted into Chapman Chrysler/Jeep and blocked their drive with our rig that would not start. We eventually got it going and parked the trailer across the street to "camp out" in a construction zone. Chapman express ordered the part we needed and had us going again in just over 24 hours. Faulty crank sensor. Part was in California.

2. Earlier this year, We limped into the Spokane WA area with a bad alternator while pulling the same trailer. Three dealers in the area refused to lift a finger to help us. One offered to order the part and said it would take at least two weeks and then he would work us into his schedule. I guess he wanted us to camp in the street. We hit the phone and started calling dealers around the country. The dealer in Twin Falls Idaho jumped right on it. He ordered the part right over the phone and did not even require pre-payment even though I offered my card. He said he would have the part waiting there for us on Monday (it was now Saturday.) We bought an extra battery and two chargers and a gas generator and drove the 500 plus miles in 3 days on battery power. True to his word, the alternator was there and he fixed the Jeep in less than a day. It was covered by extended 3rd party warranty. Part was in Salt Lake.

I'm not a big dealer fan.... not by any means.... but it ain't all bad.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 01:48 AM   #308
Hemily_GC

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpz
Its fun to beat up on dealers and may be most of the time they deserve it but not always.... 1. When we broke down in Vegas while pulling our trailer through town, we coasted into Chapman Chrysler/Jeep and blocked their drive with our rig that would not start. We eventually got it going and parked the trailer across the street to "camp out" in a construction zone. Chapman express ordered the part we needed and had us going again in just over 24 hours. Faulty crank sensor. Part was in California. 2. Earlier this year, We limped into the Spokane WA area with a bad alternator while pulling the same trailer. Three dealers in the area refused to lift a finger to help us. One offered to order the part and said it would take at least two weeks and then he would work us into his schedule. I guess he wanted us to camp in the street. We hit the phone and started calling dealers around the country. The dealer in Twin Falls Idaho jumped right on it. He ordered the part right over the phone and did not even require pre-payment even though I offered my card. He said he would have the part waiting there for us on Monday (it was now Saturday.) We bought an extra battery and two chargers and a gas generator and drove the 500 plus miles in 3 days on battery power. True to his word, the alternator was there and he fixed the Jeep in less than a day. It was covered by extended 3rd party warranty. Part was in Salt Lake. I'm not a big dealer fan.... not by any means.... but it ain't all bad.
I completely agree with you there Chirpz. My job keeps me in my company truck for about 60,000-70,000 miles a year. Seeing as I work off about 5 months out of the year I often have to depend on dealers to get me in and out as quick as possible. My last 3 company trucks have been chevy silverados and all of them from time to time had there problems. But not once do i recall a chevy dealership treating me bad are not fixing my problem warranty, recall are on my own dime. Now my experience with Chrysler has been completely different. My wife and I bought a 2007 Jeep Wrangler soon after we got married it was are first new vehicle ever so we were both pretty excited. In the 40,000 miles we owned it was in the shop 7 times for new steering stabilizers. For whatever reason it would get the death wobble at highway speeds and the dealer's (we took it to 3 different ones) never could fix it, one dealer even got very rude with my wife telling her she was the problem. We also had problems with the hard top leaking rain which they also never could fix. Well in 2010 we traded it for a 09 dodge charger with 20,000 miles on the clock. With in 5,000 miles I started to notice some fluid on the ground directly below the radiator. Needless to say the radiator had a huge crack in it but for whatever reason the first dealer I took it to put it under a pressure test and proceeded to tell me that every thing checked out good and that the puddle I was seeing was water dripping from the condenser. Now I knew this wasn't the case so I took it in to a different dealer who ended up finding the crack and fixing it. And that brings me to my WK. Like I said its been in 3 times for the flash and the dealer has said that it was basically up to me if the 3rd one didn't fix it. I absolutely love my jeep and my wife's car and realize that any car of any make is going to have problems along the way. I just feel that Chrysler needs to step it up on the service that they provide there customers. Of corse all of that was just my personal experience and realize that there are good dealers out there for dodge I have just yet to find one.
Unread 11-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #309
OttawaJeepClub

My 2010 WK 5.7L North Ed. was good for a few weeks now I have the Service 4WD system" dammit!

I put back the stock tune from my predator and the code went away, but after 2 days it came back, but 4WD was working again. I guess it's the final drive module program that is buggy.

I saw there is a number for the US, any Canadians have any luck?
OttawaJeepClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #310
stipo
2010 WK 

My 2010 WK has been at the dealership at penrith in Sydney, for over a month now. Chryslr don't want to foot the cost of replacing the FDCM, I am of the opinion that in the end they will have to. I've had some legal advice, & my case is strong. The dealership want their money, period. I would like to be driving my car.
stipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 02:26 AM   #311
lucifers_jeep
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerized6 View Post
Update on my N23 recall...contacted Chrysler and they spoke with the service manager at the dealership. They are offering to replace the actuator at $100 (parts and labor). I still fought with them on the issue because I already spent $126 on a diagnostic fee, which they are unwilling to put that towards the $100. They said they will give me a call once the part comes in.
Go back a few posts to my picture. Print it and take it with. You shouldn't be paying for an actuator the Chrysler has admitted can die due to electrical malfunction.
lucifers_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #312
Beeracuda
2006 WK 

My dealer replaced the actuator after I took it back for a reflash the second time. All was good until today. We have had over a foot of rain in the last month and I needed to haul some tables up on the hill, so, into 4 wheel low it went. Then I got through all the muddy spots and went to take it out of 4WLow. Nothing doing. I got the service 4WD message and it is stuck in 4WLow. I will be calling the service manager first thing in the morning. Great, just great....

The Beeracuda: http://youtu.be/Kcp0sqG_03M
Beeracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #313
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

This recall all probably happened bc of one persons vehicle rolling away. This is ridiculous! All of us need to stand up to Chrysler!!
Unread 11-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #314
Beeracuda
2006 WK 

I had the Jeep towed in today. The dealership got it out of 4WLow and gave it back to me. They said they would get back to me when Chrysler got something figured out. They told me that it was obviously their problem because my 4WLow worked just fine prior to the recall. I want expecting that.

Until then, I have something to drive, but only in high. It was a nice day on the Harley, but I am sicker than a dog and the temps are supposed to drop in the 20's tomorrow with winds 30 mph. I've ridden in worse, but not feeling like I do. I'm glad they got it back to me.

The Beeracuda: http://youtu.be/Kcp0sqG_03M
Beeracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #315
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeracuda View Post
I had the Jeep towed in today. The dealership got it out of 4WLow and gave it back to me. They said they would get back to me when Chrysler got something figured out. They told me that it was obviously their problem because my 4WLow worked just fine prior to the recall. I want expecting that.

Until then, I have something to drive, but only in high. It was a nice day on the Harley, but I am sicker than a dog and the temps are supposed to drop in the 20's tomorrow with winds 30 mph. I've ridden in worse, but not feeling like I do. I'm glad they got it back to me.
Same weather as it's going to be in Little Rock tomorrow afternoon.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.