N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 10-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #256
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Hope I don't have this problem - I recently did this recall at my dealership and now when I turn my jeep on it flashes Service 4wd System for a half second then disappears.

cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #257
zedtechus
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottso699 View Post
Hi - I am using the 3875 (which is now the 3870). As far as I know you can get one just about anywhere - I got mine on eBay used and paid the $100 unlock fee. Brand new they are $340? I love it.
Thanks for the info, I just tried to use my CanODB2 INNOVA 3100f, which is able to read DTC Transmission codes, but it didn't find any code even that I tried many times to lift up the 4lo lever and every time I'm getting the service 4wd mode message

I might need to buy one like yours.

Thanks again.
Unread 10-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #258
Scottso699
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05
Hope I don't have this problem - I recently did this recall at my dealership and now when I turn my jeep on it flashes Service 4wd System for a half second then disappears.
I had the same problem at first and then I tried to put it in 4 wheel low and the bells and whistles went off. You will probably have an issue. Sorry.

2006 WK Overland
2014 WK2 Limited
Scottso699 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #259
Scottso699
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedtechus
Thanks for the info, I just tried to use my CanODB2 INNOVA 3100f, which is able to read DTC Transmission codes, but it didn't find any code even that I tried many times to lift up the 4lo lever and every time I'm getting the service 4wd mode message I might need to buy one like yours. Thanks again.
My obd2 code scanner didn't pick up these codes either - only the superchips tuner picked them up. Strange.

2006 WK Overland
2014 WK2 Limited
Unread 10-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #260
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I had the same problem at first and then I tried to put it in 4 wheel low and the bells and whistles went off. You will probably have an issue. Sorry.
Yeah I just did after I went into the garage I figured - What the hell.

What do you know? Pull it into 4wd low and it says service 4wd system. DTC report still comes up blank though lol. Time to get my dealer to fix it, I'm going wheeling soon! D:
Unread 10-30-2013, 11:43 PM   #261
Rockin1
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Ok I fixed my problem myself! I have a superchips programmer and used it to scan for codes and I got two - c140f and c1405. I figured before I take it back to the dealer tomorrow I will clear the codes to see if they come back. I clears them, started the car - pulled the 4 wheel low shifter - it went right to 4 wheel low with no issue! Unbelievable.... All I had to do was clear the code??? Just like the instructions for the recall state in step 15. My dealer is officially worthless. Superchips rules.
So from what I have been reading on the last 2 pages, those of us who had new shift actuators (motors) installed by the dealers were taken in by dealer scams just to make some easy money since the actuator replacement takes less than 30 minutes and is covered by Chrysler? And do you suppose the dealer clears the codes after changing the actuator needlessly, or do some actuators really go bad???
Rockin1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 12:12 AM   #262
Rockin1
2006 XK Commander 

I ran across something interesting. A N23 recall letter highlighting the T-Case Actuator???
Rockin1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:32 AM   #263
Scottso699
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin1 View Post
So from what I have been reading on the last 2 pages, those of us who had new shift actuators (motors) installed by the dealers were taken in by dealer scams just to make some easy money since the actuator replacement takes less than 30 minutes and is covered by Chrysler? And do you suppose the dealer clears the codes after changing the actuator needlessly, or do some actuators really go bad???
I think that is exactly what is happening. The pompous service manager at the dealer I will never go to again insisted that there is no way the Recall programming could effect the 4 wheel low operation and attributes it to my shift motor going bad. Wanted to hear nothing about it being the fact that his techs did it the wrong way. Even when a rep from Chrysler called he still wanted to hear nothing about it. The Chrysler Rep recommended me going to a different dealer. Anyone in the Jersey Shore Area - avoid Pine Belt Jeep. The service Manager's name is Jack and he don't know jack!

2006 WK Overland
2014 WK2 Limited
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:38 AM   #264
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:

I think that is exactly what is happening. The pompous service manager at the dealer I will never go to again insisted that there is no way the Recall programming could effect the 4 wheel low operation and attributes it to my shift motor going bad. Wanted to hear nothing about it being the fact that his techs did it the wrong way. Even when a rep from Chrysler called he still wanted to hear nothing about it. The Chrysler Rep recommended me going to a different dealer. Anyone in the Jersey Shore Area - avoid Pine Belt Jeep. The service Manager's name is Jack and he don't know jack!
I'm at the Dealership for the 5th time now. 1st time back since the actuator install.
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #265
Scottso699
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007 View Post
I'm at the Dealership for the 5th time now. 1st time back since the actuator install.
Tell them to check for codes C140F and/or C1405.

2006 WK Overland
2014 WK2 Limited
Unread 10-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #266
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:

Tell them to check for codes C140F and/or C1405.
They say they've cleared them 3 times every time its in there.
Unread 10-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #267
DVB
2006 WK 

I haven't checked mine yet. I just bought my Jeep a couple months ago so I don't know if I would've gotten something in the mail. I'll check on the jeep site and enter my VIN, see what happens.
Unread 10-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #268
Scottso699
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVB
I haven't checked mine yet. I just bought my Jeep a couple months ago so I don't know if I would've gotten something in the mail. I'll check on the jeep site and enter my VIN, see what happens.
If you have a V-8 then you are part of the recall - all the V-8s have a 245 transfer case.

2006 WK Overland
2014 WK2 Limited
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:27 PM   #269
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Got my jeep back earlier. They installed another actuator. It works fine for now.
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:42 PM   #270
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Just got mine reflashed today, still doesn't work. Getting new actuator, but they are on back order I guess.

Tags
error , recall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.