N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! - Page 151 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 04-19-2014, 08:35 AM   #2251
Blown7

Quote:
Originally Posted by road_tripper View Post
I think if you set your parking brake correctly, your 'risk' goes down to zero.

If you're unable to consistently use your parking brake correctly... well, I guess you need jeep/chrysler to help you with that 'risk management'
Plus how many people just use "Park" in the transmission to hold the vehicle and never use the parking brake??

I don't think in 35 years I ever used a parking brake to supplement the parking pawl in the automatic transmission. And the chance of the parking pawl breaking in any automatic transmission is probably better than a transfer case roll away.

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the meta-cognitive ability to realize their mistakes.
Blown7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #2252
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

I love my junkyard fdcm

My Jeep works like it did when I bot it and I won't be going for any reflashes until I hear some positive reviews.

Not losing any sleep worrying that my Jeep is going to roll away
Unread 04-19-2014, 02:00 PM   #2253
ianrmz250
2007 WK 

I am also not loosing any sleep over a rollaway Jeep .The original roll away if I remember correctly was with a remote start vehicle . We have NO remote start Jeeps in the U.K so carrying out the N23 recall here was complete BS.
My Jeep now works perfectly with the scrapyard FDCM that I fitted 3 months ago , yes it cost me £80 but I know 100% it WILL work when needed . CF are not going to sort this s*** out there are not enough people complaining.
ianrmz250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #2254
Cherokee30D
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianrmz250 View Post
My Jeep now works perfectly with the scrapyard FDCM that I fitted 3 months ago , yes it cost me £80 but I know 100% it WILL work when needed
I too bought a pre-flashed FDCM and now have my Low4 back.......however I have the dreaded "Service 4WD System" permanently displayed on the dash.
Is this the case with yours???

How about others???

Cheers, Craig
Cherokee30D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #2255
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

No service light here

I have not seen the service message since putting in the junkyard fdcm.
The service message comes when the fdcm posts a fault code. I would try just clearing the fault code one more time and see if that gets rid of the service message. It should not come back after that because you now have a properly functioning fdcm that will not be posting anymore fault codes.
Unread 04-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #2256
88muddog
2008 WK 

Well I spoke with 4 different shops (dealerships) in two different states and none have heard of a latest fix all N23 new software.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm not holding my breath but it would be a happy day if I could find a smidgen Of info saying now we have a cure to the safety recall night mare.If there was wouldn't you think there would be a simple sorry for having our heads up our a$$ and causing you folks all this misery,frustration and some of you extra cost chasing our screw up. I would love to believe it's true but at this point to me it's sameo sameo= BS.
2008 Overland Black WK Club #130
88muddog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 08:28 PM   #2257
johnevans3
2006 WK 

I'm checking this so called New Software fix everyday. Like I said, I will check till I get tired of doing it or when it shows another fault. I promise to let you folks know what it does. If you don't hear anything then you know it's good. I would expect about the 3 week mark to be an important time marker for me since that's the best trouble free period after a flash that I have had and that was only one time out of four flash attempts.
johnevans3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 08:44 PM   #2258
88muddog
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnevans3 View Post
I'm checking this so called New Software fix everyday. Like I said, I will check till I get tired of doing it or when it shows another fault. I promise to let you folks know what it does. If you don't hear anything then you know it's good. I would expect about the 3 week mark to be an important time marker for me since that's the best trouble free period after a flash that I have had and that was only one time out of four flash attempts.
Try a little more in depth info as to what these folks did for you as far as a new fix. Like I said I can't find any new info on a new software that has been released. Believe me I would love to be wrong and you be correct but for the sake of so many please prove me incorrect.
2008 Overland Black WK Club #130
88muddog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #2259
MrMischief
2005 TJ Wrangler 

3/15 I had a tcase actuator put in, today I found I have no 4 low. yay
MrMischief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #2260
CavallinoRed
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMischief View Post
3/15 I had a tcase actuator put in, today I found I have no 4 low. yay
Your ecstatic yay sounds like you are at a "yes sir...may I have another?" point of the process.

Did they charge you for actuator replacement?
CavallinoRed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 11:06 PM   #2261
MrMischief
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavallinoRed View Post
Your ecstatic yay sounds like you are at a "yes sir...may I have another?" point of the process.

Did they charge you for actuator replacement?
Nope it was entirely covered by Jeep. We'll see what they want to do this time. I have another Jeep (TJ) that they will never put their hands on and a motorcycle. My wife and I carpool and have no kids so it's not a very big inconvenience for me to keep running to the dealer as long as it doesn't start hitting my pocket book. I'll likely just keep doing this routine for quite some time.
MrMischief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2014, 05:12 AM   #2262
CommanderDan
2006 XK Commander 

Delete
CommanderDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2014, 05:20 AM   #2263
CommanderDan
2006 XK Commander 

Delete
CommanderDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2014, 06:50 AM   #2264
MikeJeep09

Dan we are a stubborn breed, I am holding my breath for a fix from Chrysler. I just hope people like us stick around to hold Chrysler responsible. Hopefully in our rants we stop a few Jeep sales til this mess is over. Hopefully no one gets hurt from a rollaway Jeep, unfortunately someone will get hurt eventually from a rollaway. Let's face it thousands of Jeeps are getting pre n23 fdcms one of those will eventually roll away, if not from the present owner then the next "sucker" that buys it. I am sure when people trade in Jeeps with old fdcms they are not going to say " oh by the way have the next owner use the ebrake because..." Blood will be on Chryslers hands just like Chevy and Toyota, then the lawyers and nhtsb will be giving out MAJOR fines because Chrysler knew what people were doing to get their Jeeps to function properly. I know there are people like me that religiously set their ebrake but what if someone else uses that car and does not have the same habbits. It is a gamble it is not a definite that the ebrake will always be set or hold the Jeep from rolling. If you park on a hill put the Jeep in neutral and set the ebrake you would be surprised how hard you have to pull up on that brake to stop the Jeep from rolling, don't believe me try it. I have strong arms but my wife and others wifes and children may not have enough strength to stop the Jeep from rolling. This is a lot more serious then people think. I sleep well for my Jeep not to roll away but not others. I just want the Jeep back to where it works properly. rant over.. A note to the lawyers at Jeep WAKE UP!!!
MikeJeep09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2014, 08:25 AM   #2265
phottomatt
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjeep View Post
Sad and waiting for a fix on my jeep, today after 6 months of bringing my car to the local dealer, the manager fired me , that is the end of the road for a small town USA jeep dealership. they do not want to see my car in their shop anymore. it is funny! and pathetic. out of 4 low and my auto lights are out.
w
That's bs sorry to hear it. I'd like to say they can't do that but if it's a small town they probably get away with it.

Tags
error , recall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.