N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #211
xjtrailrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchilly View Post
I checked mine a few times today. Still working fine almost 3 weeks after the 2nd (corrected) flash.

Has anyone else had, say, an 09 or 10 fail? Since mine was one of the last made, I wonder if it has some revised or newer parts?

Yes, my 09 Hemi failed after the first attempt. The second re-flash has proved to be fine.

xjtrailrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #212
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjtrailrider View Post

Yes, my 09 Hemi failed after the first attempt. The second re-flash has proved to be fine.
Thinking about taking mine to another dealership
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #213
sickchilly
2010 WK 

There's got to be a simple explanation for all this. From everything I've read, I think either:

1. There were one or more revisions to the FDCM over the years and the flash is not compatible with all of them.
2. The FDCM and/or actuator was already failed, or getting ready to fail, before the person went in for the flash and the flash exacerbated the issue.
3. The dealer did the flash incorrectly and can't fix it because they don't know what the heck they're doing.

Sadly, #3 probably happens more often than the others! Glad I apparently got lucky. I feel for those who didn't.
Unread 10-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #214
Trisalsa
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchilly
I checked mine a few times today. Still working fine almost 3 weeks after the 2nd (corrected) flash. Has anyone else had, say, an 09 or 10 fail? Since mine was one of the last made, I wonder if it has some revised or newer parts?
Yeah, my 10 failed. Been flashed three separate occasions so far. Current 4-lo is working, but I'm not confident it will continue. Would really like this resolved before the northeast winter comes.
Unread 10-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #215
Chadwi
2007 WK 

I had no 4wd low. Took it to the dealer and they did the triple flash. All fixed now.
Chadwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #216
cteomd
2007 WK 

N23 recall

Same problems here: 4Lo worked fine, done the recall, the message Service 4 Low System appeared, brought the Jeep back and re-done the flash, worked for a few days and the error came back again (C140f) so another reflash and they said that if it comes back it's probably the t-case actuator. Pissed me off the fact that I had to pay for the last time and if the error comes back again I'll call Chrysler for sure.

WK 2007, CRD, stock + Provent
cteomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #217
Rockin1
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpz View Post
This sounds reasonable...except for the fact that few people use their 4low so why would the actuator be worn?
Not worn, defective and I would wager Chrysler is hoping more people are like you who would never notice the lack of 4Lo otherwise. I will repeat, you bought and paid for 4 wheel drive, and it should work even if you never use it.
Rockin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #218
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchilly View Post
There's got to be a simple explanation for all this. From everything I've read, I think either:

1. There were one or more revisions to the FDCM over the years and the flash is not compatible with all of them.
2. The FDCM and/or actuator was already failed, or getting ready to fail, before the person went in for the flash and the flash exacerbated the issue.
3. The dealer did the flash incorrectly and can't fix it because they don't know what the heck they're doing.

Sadly, #3 probably happens more often than the others! Glad I apparently got lucky. I feel for those who didn't.
I'm fed up with it for sure. Flashed 3 times. Codes cleared 3 times each of those times. New actuator installed. Worked for two weeks and now the message again! Past the point of being pissed! They were shown when it was dropped off that the 4wd low worked in the lot.
Unread 10-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #219
Rockin1
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007 View Post
I'm fed up with it for sure. Flashed 3 times. Codes cleared 3 times each of those times. New actuator installed. Worked for two weeks and now the message again! Past the point of being pissed! They were shown when it was dropped off that the 4wd low worked in the lot.
If you read a previous post you will find where my dealer had ordered an actuator for me that was cancelled by Chrysler. Another one was back ordered, I was told at the time that there were bad actuators, and Chrysler cancelled the original order because it was one of the known defective ones and didn't want any more of them on the streets. Is it possible you got the known defective actuator? And you should bring it up to your dealer. Mine after 1 month works fine. "Knock on Wood"
Rockin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #220
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin1 View Post
If you read a preveous post you will find where my dealer had ordered an actuator for me that was cancelled by Chrysler. Another one was backordered, I was told at the time that there were bad actuators, and Chrysler cancelled the original order because it was one of the known defective ones and didn't want any more of them on the streets. Is it possible you got the known defective actuator? And you should bring it up to your dealer. Mine after 2 months works fine. "Knock on Wood"
Thanks. I'll check into it.
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #221
CT05WK

Update fellas. My WK got into an accident. Nothing major. However, my air bag light was on after that and my body shop tried to "clear the code" (which I knew he wouldn't be able to). Anyway, he ended up taking it to the Jeep dealer that I took it for when I had to get it reflashed. They fixed the airbag light issue (loose fuse?), and I noticed on the work order that they did a "reflash" again.

I called the body shop and asked him what they flashed and he says "as soon as I brought it to them the SM said that he had seen it before" needless to say, my 4Lo works now! I'm guessing they know they effed up the first flash.
CT05WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #222
Beeracuda
2006 WK 

I took mine in today and they replaced the actuator under warranty. All is well now.

The Beeracuda: http://youtu.be/Kcp0sqG_03M
Beeracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 05:15 AM   #223
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeracuda View Post
I took mine in today and they replaced the actuator under warranty. All is well now.
I would check it every chance you get. I thought the same as well
Unread 10-19-2013, 02:14 AM   #224
mdamen

I had mine flashed twice. Second one worked for about a week and now it is bad. Service Advisor said it would be a new actuator. I think the new software is more sensitive to actuator position and any wear trips the code and you need to buy a new actuator.
mdamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #225
xjtrailrider

A week and a half later and my 4-low is working great. I check it daily now LOL!
xjtrailrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.