N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! - Page 142 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #2116
BAH101
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08CanuckCRD
I had my WK CRD into the dealership about a month ago with the 'Service 4WD' issue. They confirmed that my Jeep had the N23 recall flash done in August (I bought in Sept). They cleared the codes and sent me on my way. 4Lo lasted until yesterday - lifted the T-handle to switch to 4Lo and nothing - not even an eror message this time. Thankfully, after reading this thread, I bought a junkyard FDCM and had it handy. Weather cooperated today, so I dropped the junker unit in and Voila! 4Lo returns!! My stock FDCM was a 199AN; swapped out with a 199AH. No codes, runs great, and transfer case works as it should. $150CAD well spent!
Now, send it off to Blown7 for a reflash to pre N23, then you could sell it and recoup some or all of your cost.

Unread 04-08-2014, 08:09 PM   #2117
MikeJeep09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAH101 View Post
Now, send it off to Blown7 for a reflash to pre N23, then you could sell it and recoup some or all of your cost.
lol
MikeJeep09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2014, 04:48 PM   #2118
gotjeepzj

Seriously, does someone have a reflash to pre N23?
gotjeepzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2014, 04:59 PM   #2119
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Duh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsareout View Post
I've been skimming through this thread, is the take away if you have not done the recall; don't?
Yah, and it would be nice if Fiat/Chrysler could take something away too.
Unread 04-09-2014, 05:04 PM   #2120
road_tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotjeepzj View Post
yes, it's called going to the junkyard and getting an unflashed one.
road_tripper is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2014, 05:09 PM   #2121
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

Has anyone checked into the federal lemon law. For what I have read it covers warranty period +4 years. Is this true?
10Xk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #2122
HappyNomad
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Xk View Post
Has anyone checked into the federal lemon law. For what I have read it covers warranty period +4 years. Is this true?
If I'm not mistaken (which happens often) Lemon Laws are state by state. Take a look at http://www.dmv.org/automotive-law/lemon-law.php The Feds might get involved at some point but someone else can research that.
'98 Cherokee Limited --- S-O-L-D! :(
HappyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2014, 11:23 AM   #2123
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotjeepzj View Post
We do have a forum member who has the ability to reprogram FDCMs but as yet he is not making a business of it and it is cheaper just to get an old one from a junkyard. I have seen them as cheap as $50.

Maybe when the junkyards run out of the pre N23 modules this will become an option.

Who knows? Jeep might even come up with a fix for us.
Unread 04-10-2014, 03:30 PM   #2124
BJMOLD
2010 WK 

There is one fact that leaves me gobsmacked.!!!CF are still letting their dealers do the N23 recall knowing FULL WELL that in most cases low 4x4 will dissappear.Under duty of care the dealers should be advising GC owners the likely consequences of this reflash.CF and their dealers are knowingly letting GC owners drive out of the dealership with sub standard vehicles.!!Here in Aus getting a used FDCM is like looking for the proverbial on a bull.The only real fix is for CF to sign off on a new software flash,its now nearly 8 months since this N23 debacle started.8 months of negative publicity CF, simply put anybody thinking of purchasing a CF vehicle, think long and hard!!!!
BJMOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #2125
MikeJeep09

I am trying to be patient to no avail. I have had contact with Jeepcares on my email. I said I will not go back to the dealer only for another code clearing because we all know where that is getting us and Lee (Jeepcares) agreed. I was told by Lee my vin was being reported to engineering. My last email was 2 days ago. I asked to please let me know what to do. Is engineering going to contact me or will Jeepcares go on the forum and announce a cure for the n23 virus? I am waiting 2 days with no answer. Jeepcares did inform me that she will not be responding to this thread any more under instructions from her superiors, I am not sure this is a good or bad sign. Lee I am sure you still read this forum and I thank you for your help but where is this going? At least answer my email or let us all know if this problem is being dealt with or brushed under the rug.
MikeJeep09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #2126
phottomatt
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
It's different in each state, and there has to be at least three attempts prior to fix, amongst many other variables.

Sorry late to the party.
Unread 04-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #2127
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phottomatt
It's different in each state, and there has to be at least three attempts prior to fix, amongst many other variables. Sorry late to the party.
Well it's covered by the 100k mileage warranty so someone has had to have had three repairs at some point.
10Xk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2014, 06:57 PM   #2128
phottomatt
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Well it's covered by the 100k mileage warranty so someone has had to have had three repairs at some point.
In PA the dealer has to be unwilling to work on the issue regardless of the number of attempts, as long as they are "trying" you can not enact the lemon law. I have already spoken to a lawyer about it for a different issue, unfortunately this vehicle has been nothing but a struggle for me since I bought it a year ago, one thing after another.
Unread 04-11-2014, 01:24 AM   #2129
Blown7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJeep09 View Post
Jeepcares did inform me that she will not be responding to this thread any more under instructions from her superiors,.
I wondered why they let her stay on the thread as long as they did.

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the meta-cognitive ability to realize their mistakes.
Blown7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2014, 05:53 AM   #2130
morris1956
2009 XK Commander 

Blown7
Will you contact me as I have tried to send numerous emails to you about
the N23 removal.
Thanks Billy

Last edited by morris1956; 04-11-2014 at 06:34 AM..
morris1956 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.