N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low!

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #196
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdamen View Post
My theory is that the new software has a narrower acceptable range for the position sensor in the actuator and a worn actuator will now come up as no good, even though it functions fine.
This sounds reasonable...except for the fact that few people use their 4low so why would the actuator be worn?

EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #197
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007 View Post

Mine would last anywhere from a day to two weeks
Well it looks like even with a new actuator I'm still getting the same problems. Went to engage it before pulling a trailer up a hill and I got the Service 4wd System light. Again
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #198
slayerized6

I had the recall done in August, but didnt start reading about the negative effects it had since a few days ago.

When I shift into neutral before I do the shift, the "N" LED does not light up on my center console. The first time I tried to shift it, I got a "service system" message. Everytime I tried to shift since then, I never got that message again and the LED does not light up. What options do we have?
Unread 10-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #199
Sandlot1

N23 recall issues

I have a 2008 Grand Cherokee limited and had the recall serviced on 9/14/13. Two days ago my 4 low stopped working and I got the service indicator light. My power drivers seat is also randomly moving for the last two days, coincidentally! We called the dealership who argued profusely but am taking it back next week. I also called the Chrysler number on the recall notice and of course they know nothing. From talking with a technician at another dealership, he stated that if the flash is not done completely these problems occur. We will see what the service department does next week!
Sandlot1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #200
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpz View Post
This sounds reasonable...except for the fact that few people use their 4low so why would the actuator be worn?
I am not sure, it's been a while, but IIRC the actuator also deals with front/rear torque distribution in normal operation.

...tom
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #201
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

I had N23 done a while back (while fighting over other issues), but I ran thru 4Lo and back a few times in the driveway yesterday and mine seems fine.. so not ALL N23's are a disaster.. knock on wood..

...tom
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #202
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1pf View Post
I had N23 done a while back (while fighting over other issues), but I ran thru 4Lo and back a few times in the driveway yesterday and mine seems fine.. so not ALL N23's are a disaster.. knock on wood..

...tom
Mine has been a full blown out disaster! Got the N23 done 3 times and then just had the actuator replaced and now it doesn't work at all. Highly pissed to say the least. Wish I would have never took the dang Jeep in!
Unread 10-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #203
Hemily_GC
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007
Mine has been a full blown out disaster! Got the N23 done 3 times and then just had the actuator replaced and now it doesn't work at all. Highly pissed to say the least. Wish I would have never took the dang Jeep in!
Great. So what now?? Just live without 4-low and hope Chrysler owns up for the disaster they have created. I demanded the dealer to Reflash mine after they diagnosed the actuator bad and it worked again for 2 weeks went out and checked it again last night to see if it was still working and got the service 4wd indicator again.
Unread 10-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #204
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemily_GC View Post
Great. So what now?? Just live without 4-low and hope Chrysler owns up for the disaster they have created. I demanded the dealer to Reflash mine after they diagnosed the actuator bad and it worked again for 2 weeks went out and checked it again last night to see if it was still working and got the service 4wd indicator again.
I have no idea. I don't understand how some people are getting the recall done and not having a problem? Or they're not actually getting the recall done???
Unread 10-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #205
Hemily_GC
2005 WK 

Quote:
I have no idea. I don't understand how some people are getting the recall done and not having a problem? Or they're not actually getting the recall done???
Yeah I don't get it. Has anybody seen if the recall can be undone?? I will love to just take my chances with my jeep just rolling away.
Unread 10-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #206
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemily_GC View Post
Yeah I don't get it. Has anybody seen if the recall can be undone?? I will love to just take my chances with my jeep just rolling away.
Roll baby roll. I'll continue to use the e brake as always!
Unread 10-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #207
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

Still no "Jeepcares" input on this issue?
10Xk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #208
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I bet 90% of the people that get it done don't use 4lo. If EVERYONE that got the flash done or if it was a requirement of the update to test 4lo for proper operation there'd be ALOT more being done to correct the problem.
Unread 10-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #209
sickchilly
2010 WK 

I checked mine a few times today. Still working fine almost 3 weeks after the 2nd (corrected) flash.

Has anyone else had, say, an 09 or 10 fail? Since mine was one of the last made, I wonder if it has some revised or newer parts?
Unread 10-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #210
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchilly View Post
I checked mine a few times today. Still working fine almost 3 weeks after the 2nd (corrected) flash.

Has anyone else had, say, an 09 or 10 fail? Since mine was one of the last made, I wonder if it has some revised or newer parts?
I have a brand new actuator and it didn't help. They'll probably tell me its my FDCM and to kick rocks

Tags
error , recall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.