N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 10-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #166
stipo
2010 WK 

The point is you just don't know.

stipo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #167
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stipo View Post
The point is you just don't know.
No I don't. That's only my guess.
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #168
stipo
2010 WK 

Sorry Jarvis, i just meant that as a figure of speech mate.
Unread 10-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #169
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stipo View Post
Sorry Jarvis, i just meant that as a figure of speech mate.
No biggie. The truth is you never know whats going on with these things or what they're doing to them..
Unread 10-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #170
GermantownJeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stipo
i have been told that my FDCM needs replacing in my '10 5.7 Hemi Overland. & That it would cost $$2600. parts & labour. But they would pursue Chrysler for a mercy payment as it is so soon after warranty.
I'm not a mechanic, but isn't that considered part of the powertrain? 2010's have a 5 yr 100k mile powertrain warranty.
Unread 10-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #171
GermantownJeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stipo
i have been told that my FDCM needs replacing in my '10 5.7 Hemi Overland. & That it would cost $$2600. parts & labour. But they would pursue Chrysler for a mercy payment as it is so soon after warranty.
Just saw you're in Australia. Maybe the 5 year is only the US.
Unread 10-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #172
stipo
2010 WK 

im not sure either, but i'll ask next time i chat to chrysler.
The other problem with this is that my friend Ben the mechanic knows about this, & i must now explain away the problems with my Jeep. All of his employees are saying , "get rid of it" but my heart keeps telling me it's a JEEP thing. I am looking forward to many more years of wheeling with the Ovrrland.
Unread 10-04-2013, 12:34 AM   #173
WKDiesel

In think there are three issues after reading the forums.

1. Bad acuator
Able to pull codes from the fdcm

2. Bad flash.
Still able to communicate with the fdcm to attempt communication.

3. Dead fdcm
No communication can be established to the fdcm.

I seem to have #3. Chrysler has informed my dealer that all fdcm replacements are on hold as they are manufacturing a new revision of the fdcm for people who have had failures.

Hopefully the redesigned parts don't establish cracks. But for people who have working 4lo after recall I would ask for the updated part.
WKDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #174
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Just dropped it off at the dealership for the actuator.
Unread 10-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #175
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Just got the Jeep back. Brand new actuator with BRAKE it says. 4wd low has engaged multiple times. I'll check it later. Any idea about the brake?
Unread 10-05-2013, 12:39 AM   #176
Rockin1
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007 View Post
Just got the Jeep back. Brand new actuator with BRAKE it says. 4wd low has engaged multiple times. I'll check it later. Any idea about the brake?
Don't know what the brake is, but rest easy, bro, after my actuator change almost a month ago, all is still well!
Rockin1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #177
tolo
2007 XK Commander 

Brake is a solenoid that keeps the motor from turning when it's not supposed to turn. After getting N23 I get "service 4wd system" and no lo. I did a lot before reading this forum, and wrote a new post about it. Ouch. Bought a new switch and used transfer case motor. Didn't fix it. Jeep dealer swears they didn't break it and charged me $100 last week to diagnose my actuator as the culprit, but it's not. Going to have to talk to service manager again. Anyone have a number at Chrysler that I can use to complain? I'm out of warranty... By the way. Changing your actuator is EASY. It's 4 10mm bolts and the electrical plug. Takes me <10 minutes now to swap one. I have a 2" lift so it's even easier to get under it and I use a cordless drill with a 12 inch wobble extension on the 10mm socket to speed the long bolts out.
tolo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #178
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

When the dealer diagnosed the actuator they said it would take an hour to replace. They had the jeep for 3 days. I saw evidence that they had the fuse boxes out under the hood. There must be some other electrical issue they had to repair they hey wouldn't tell me about. I also found out that the dealer had also just replaced the computer before my wife bought it. It's so hard to get the true story from the auto industry. Just ask a Ford rep about the derated 6.7powerstroke they put in fleet trucks. They like to eat valves in 20000 mi. According to Ford they have very little problems. Out of 12 trucks our company bought 9 failed, no problem.
Unread 10-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #179
xjtrailrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnerman View Post
When the dealer diagnosed the actuator they said it would take an hour to replace. They had the jeep for 3 days. I saw evidence that they had the fuse boxes out under the hood. There must be some other electrical issue they had to repair they hey wouldn't tell me about. I also found out that the dealer had also just replaced the computer before my wife bought it. It's so hard to get the true story from the auto industry. Just ask a Ford rep about the derated 6.7powerstroke they put in fleet trucks. They like to eat valves in 20000 mi. According to Ford they have very little problems. Out of 12 trucks our company bought 9 failed, no problem.
I have the HID headlights on my XK and they starting acting funny with the self leveling feature moving the headlights up and down while driving. I took it in for the repair and it took the dealer 3 days to find the control unit for the lights and then 3 more days to repair. The Chrysler engineers did not remember where they put the headlight ecu and the FSM had it on the wrong side of the Jeep. They took my whole Jeep apart to find it LOL! Even had the front bumper off. Sometimes its a procedure issue and sometimes its that over-paid pin head behind a computer somewhere that screws things up.
xjtrailrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #180
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007
Just looked at the actuator they installed in he wife's. It to says "with BRAKE". Not sure if the old one had that. Pretty odd that a part that probably gets used 2-3times a year would suddenly go bad after a computer flash.

Tags
error , recall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.