N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! - Page 101 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low!

ENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTIEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSmittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-25-2014, 05:35 PM   #1501
Drudgery1971

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by opticstalk View Post
I spoke to jeep and they figure my problem is this. They are going to to take care of this this week. Will keep posted.
opticstalk - You may want to read through all 1400+ posts before you go to dealership. They can't or won't go to the extent necessary to "FIX" it. Your issue sounded much different than what is happening with N23 as well. Yours sounded totally different as it just stopped all together. N23 is a neutral issue and then when they "fix it" you won;t have 4-Low. Has you're been through N23 recall already?

Unread 02-25-2014, 05:45 PM   #1502
opticstalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drudgery1971 View Post
opticstalk - You may want to read through all 1400+ posts before you go to dealership. They can't or won't go to the extent necessary to "FIX" it. Your issue sounded much different than what is happening with N23 as well. Yours sounded totally different as it just stopped all together. N23 is a neutral issue and then when they "fix it" you won;t have 4-Low. Has you're been through N23 recall already?
Yes, and after that is when my jeep started acting up. I try and put it in 4low and "service 4 wheel drive system" pops up. And it will not move.
opticstalk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #1503
Drudgery1971

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by opticstalk View Post
Yes, and after that is when my jeep started acting up. I try and put it in 4low and "service 4 wheel drive system" pops up. And it will not move.
Once shut off and restarted out of 4-low it still won't move at all? If so that's not related to N23 that I undertand it. One thing that is getting REALLY messed up about this and not helping is now every tranny related issue is being associated with N23 and that is not good for the clarity/quality of the data.
Unread 02-25-2014, 07:40 PM   #1504
06cdrmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06cdrmike View Post
Just had the actuator on my XK replaced (for free) and threw it into 4low and it worked but my confidence is not high. I'm still leaning toward selling later this spring.
Has anyone had issues after the actuator was replaced?
About a week after the actuator was replaced and 4lo still engages. I try it every time I start the car up and I have the space to to roll for a hundred feet or so.
06cdrmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 07:48 PM   #1505
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Good luck with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06cdrmike View Post
About a week after the actuator was replaced and 4lo still engages. I try it every time I start the car up and I have the space to to roll for a hundred feet or so.
I had that done and my service 4wheel drive light came on a couple weeks later.
Unread 02-25-2014, 08:31 PM   #1506
opticstalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drudgery1971 View Post
Once shut off and restarted out of 4-low it still won't move at all? If so that's not related to N23 that I undertand it. One thing that is getting REALLY messed up about this and not helping is now every tranny related issue is being associated with N23 and that is not good for the clarity/quality of the data.
My transmission is fine.
opticstalk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 08:57 PM   #1507
Frozentoze
2002 KJ Liberty 

Bought an 06 WK. Is there away to know if N23 has been done on it? When I run the vin on the Chrysler website to check for open recalls I get none, but it doesn't tell me if any prior recalls have been completed. The N23 wasn't done by the dealership, so says the used car salesman when I asked and expressed my concern. Can I check whether it was done somehow?

It's a 4.7L Laredo with QTII. 4LO works
Frozentoze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 11:01 PM   #1508
sydann
2007 WK 

New transfer case

OK here is the 64K question. I have a new transfer case at the dealer to be installed. I had my original one replaced 3 months ago. It did not solve the problem of course. In the mean time I got a FDCM from a preflashed jeep. All is well now. Do I have them install the new transfer case. I could put the old FDCM in when I take it in and then put the working FDCM back in with the new transfer case. I need imput.
sydann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 11:53 PM   #1509
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydann View Post
OK here is the 64K question. I have a new transfer case at the dealer to be installed. I had my original one replaced 3 months ago. It did not solve the problem of course. In the mean time I got a FDCM from a preflashed jeep. All is well now. Do I have them install the new transfer case. I could put the old FDCM in when I take it in and then put the working FDCM back in with the new transfer case. I need imput.
I would not take the chance. They may flash you. I would put the old one back in.
The alternative would be to be very emphatic on not wanting the N23.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2014, 06:23 AM   #1510
sedevacante

frozentoze - just go to the jeep website and put in the serial number of the vehicle - if the update has not been done it will tell you that there is an outstanding recall.
sedevacante is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2014, 06:26 AM   #1511
RVThere
2008 WK 

Quote:
I had the same dilemma with the recent replacement of my actuator. Is the dealer doing the replacement for free?

This is what I did:
1. I put the original FDCM back in the Jeep which already had the N23 done. I had previously cleared the codes myself with the Autoenginuity.com software. This ensures that they did not have the opportunity to reflash my pre-N23 FDCM.
2. I let them replace the actuator free of charge (mainly to see how long Chrysler's fix would last - still working a week later).
3. Have my pre-N23 FDCM ready to go back in once I get the Service 4WD System error.

If they are working on it for free and getting to the dealer does not involve a long drive, I would let them do it.
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2014, 09:13 AM   #1512
sydann
2007 WK 

New transfer case

Thanks for the feed back. Yes they have to do it free as the one that was installed 3 months ago has a 12/12 warranty. So if I put the old FDCM back in and( which now also works because of the fuse pull) have them replace the transfer case, My 12/12 warranty will start all over again. I will see if they reflash the old one when they put in the new case. I will leave that one in place untill it fails then file another complaint with Chrysler and the dealer. I want to pull their chain, even if I have the solution in my tool box.
sydann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2014, 09:39 AM   #1513
WKDiesel

At the dealership now. Hopefully this third actuator fixes the problem.
WKDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #1514
rodneya
2008 WK 

Quote:
Thanks for the feed back. Yes they have to do it free as the one that was installed 3 months ago has a 12/12 warranty. So if I put the old FDCM back in and( which now also works because of the fuse pull) have them replace the transfer case, My 12/12 warranty will start all over again. I will see if they reflash the old one when they put in the new case. I will leave that one in place untill it fails then file another complaint with Chrysler and the dealer. I want to pull their chain, even if I have the solution in my tool box.
You will probably still only get the balance of the original warranty on the new part, not a whole new warranty.
rodneya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2014, 03:09 PM   #1515
WKDiesel

Got my Jeep back.. The actuator sounds a lot different now then the old one. It's very quiet. Seems smoother. But the real test is how long it will last. Surprisingly when I was @ the dealership this morning. There were 5 jeep grand cherokee's all the on hoists. Wonder if they were all getting new actuators put in.
WKDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
error , recall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.