mygig RER bluetooth streaming - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > mygig RER bluetooth streaming

Black Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHutBlack Friday Deals !JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!

Unread 03-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #1
Dusan

mygig RER bluetooth streaming

I wonder if the radio can stream music using the BT connection.

Dusan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
bhawks28
2009 WK 

I've searched and searched on this and always came up with NO. It would be such a nice feature to have. The annoying part is that the functionality is there...if they can stream audio from the phone over bluetooth, they can stream music from the phone over bluetooth. It's like they chose not to incorporate that feature
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
Ben824
1997 XJ Cherokee 

The 730N RER CANNOT stream music or any other audio other than phone call audio over Bluetooth. The next generation 730N RHR unit CAN stream music audio and other audio over Bluetooth. If your Jeep is already factory equipped with a RER unit then a swap to a RHR unit could be easily done. CAUTION: the RHR is equipped with anti-theft security that requires a 4 digit code imputed at time of first startup in a new vehicle. I put an RHR in my Dad's 06 and the Jeep wouldn't even start without the radio code imputed to unlock the radio. If you buy a radio from eBay or anywhere else make sure you atleast have the original vehicle VIN and what kind of vehicle it was in. With that information the Shop foreman at your local dealer can look up the code through DealerConnect.
Ben824 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
OrlandoOverland
2008 WK 

bump can a rhr swap work? confirmed?
OrlandoOverland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
Ben824
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoOverland
bump can a rhr swap work? confirmed?
I put the RHR unit I have in our 06 into a friend's 05 limited and it worked perfectly. He has a standard radio with uConnect while our 06 limited has the Nav with factory sat radio. I am thinking, hoping, the factory sat radio module is causing the issue I am having with the RHR in our 06. I am going to disconnect the sat radio module and see what happens. If no change then I will have a service tech at the dealership I work at use his star scan too to reset the FCM and kick out the factory sat radio settings and hope that fixes my issue.
Ben824 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.