MYGIG RER in 2005 WK INSTALLED!!! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > MYGIG RER in 2005 WK INSTALLED!!!

1 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #91
Ben824
1997 XJ Cherokee 

My "claim" is accurate that there is an issue that is software related. I have since tried installing my RHR into a friend's 05 and it worked perfectly in his so the radio and lock pick are fine. I have narrowed it down to a possible complication with a factory accessory or combination of. I am working with a dealer service department right now to have the SAT radio deleted from the vehicle FCM in hopes that that might cure my issues. Fingers crossed! Like I said the radio worked perfectly in another Grand Cherokee Limited from 05 and the radio was even sent off to OEMAutopartsCo, reseller of new and used factory radios, and they tested it and it and the LockPick worked perfectly and they even sent new LockPick to us just incase.

Ben824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #92
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Look do yourself a favor and start a new thread about troubleshooting your issue. This is a How-To thread and is meant to answer any questions towards a successful installation of a retrofitted RER/RHR. It is not for you to high jack and ruin people's confidence in performing this successfully. So go rant about your troubles somewhere else so this thread can get back to it's intended use.
Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #93
Ben824
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybcpt View Post
Look do yourself a favor and start a new thread about troubleshooting your issue. This is a How-To thread and is meant to answer any questions towards a successful installation of a retrofitted RER/RHR. It is not for you to high jack and ruin people's confidence in performing this successfully. So go rant about your troubles somewhere else so this thread can get back to it's intended use.
LOL don't get so butt hurt big guy. Its just an internet forum. A successful install is done well informed of all procedures and risks that will be taken performing any type of upgrade. And I have started my own thread before on the subject. Calm down chief.
Ben824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #94
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben824
LOL don't get so butt hurt big guy. Its just an internet forum. A successful install is done well informed of all procedures and risks that will be taken performing any type of upgrade. And I have started my own thread before on the subject. Calm down chief.
Haha I'm done with something as ridiculous as this. Just separate your thread from mine that's all bro. Good luck with finding a solution.
Unread 12-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #95
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Threads are supposed to help people, if he has a problem and is working on a solution then he's helping. He posted it in a MyGig related thread. I've never seen someone take ownership of a thread like this lol, even build threads get off topic and no one cares. By the way when you sell things you are technically supposed to put them in the classifieds and leave this section open for non-selling threads, you seem to try and sell multiple things in this section though. So, hop off your high horse and chill
Unread 12-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #96
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin
Threads are supposed to help people, if he has a problem and is working on a solution then he's helping. He posted it in a MyGig related thread. I've never seen someone take ownership of a thread like this lol, even build threads get off topic and no one cares. By the way when you sell things you are technically supposed to put them in the classifieds and leave this section open for non-selling threads, you seem to try and sell multiple things in this section though. So, hop off your high horse and chill
Dude I am chilled out, couldn't be more. No high horse here bro, I'm not that kind of person. Not trying to take ownership at all. I've always tried to give back to this forum whenever the opportunity arises. As far as trying sell things In this section, frankly: the classified section on this forum kinda sucks and could be way better. And if you're gonna single me out, why don't you start another thread on here naming all of the other members on here that try and sell stuff in this section too. I'm not feeding anymore into this petty ****. Carry on and discuss whatever you want.
Unread 04-06-2014, 09:08 PM   #97
jtodaro
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Billybcpt, not sure if you can help on this, but I have a question about the uconnect mic. If my 05's REC came with UConnect, do I still need the new Mopar mic?

2005 Grand Cherokee Limited WK - Black, 5.7 Hemi, 545RFE, 3.73
Black WK Club Member #122 | HEMI Club Member #87
jtodaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2014, 12:45 PM   #98
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodaro
Billybcpt, not sure if you can help on this, but I have a question about the uconnect mic. If my 05's REC came with UConnect, do I still need the new Mopar mic?
Nope you should already have the Uconnect rear view mirror with the mic already built in. Check to see if you have the Uconnect icon on one of the buttons on the mirror. If you do, all you have to do is pair your phone to the REC.
Unread 06-03-2014, 08:23 PM   #99
nmiller015
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Billybcpt,

But I thought the connectors were slightly changed between the 05-07 years to the 08-10 years (beveled bottom edges, different pinouts). Can be seen here: http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_audio_pinouts.htm.

Does the lockpick correct for this? I'm confused how you got this to work in an 05, because the factory harness connectors in the jeep and the connectors on the RER/RHR are different. Am I missing something?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.