MYGIG RER in 2005 WK INSTALLED!!! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > MYGIG RER in 2005 WK INSTALLED!!!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 05-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #76
rubiconkid4x4

2007 WK 

I have alot but i won't spam the thread.. I'll pm you tomorrow!

Unread 05-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #77
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiconkid4x4 View Post
I have alot but i won't spam the thread.. I'll pm you tomorrow!
Dude you won't be spamming the thread, if anything questions are definitely welcomed in it so if anyone else has the exact same questions, they can be answered immediately. Feel free!
Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #78
Ben824
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Not to hi-jack but thought I would offer up some helpful information to everyone here since there has been discussion regarding the RHR. The LockPick V.5 adapter to use a MyGig in an 05-07 WK does not currently support the RHR. It only supports up to the RER. I have an 06 WK Limited that we have put an RHR into and currently the radio powers on and runs but every now and then the audio will cut out for 10-15 mins and only come out of the front passenger side door speaker and there is no volume control. Also Bluetooth audio streaming audio does not come through. Everything connects fine and shows to be functioning properly but the audio still does not come through. I called CoastelETech, the company that makes the LockPick, and they said they are 2 months away from releasing a software patch to support the RHR. They explained that while the CAN Bus systems are the same speed and therefore compatible, the language is different and the LockPick interprets the signals between the radio and the vehicle computer system so that they can communicate. Since the LockPick does not know what the Bluetooth Audio streaming feature is, it cannot interpret the signals so that the vehicle can use it. They also said that the audio cutting out problem was that same as one they had with the RER before they released and supporting software patch.

So the RHR will operate but not 100%, however we are two months away from having what should be full compatibility!
Ben824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #79
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

While thanks for the info about the software update but my RHR has full functionality with the Lockpick V5 adapter. Not one issue at all, my Bluetooth audio streaming works flawlessly!
image-3222364935.jpg  
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #80
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

When I get home I'll take a video of it working if you want.
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #81
Ben824
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybcpt View Post
While thanks for the info about the software update but my RHR has full functionality with the Lockpick V5 adapter. Not one issue at all, my Bluetooth audio streaming works flawlessly!
CoastelETech says they are aware that it can work with an RHR, problems with functionality are hit and miss. Some users it works fine, some have issues. I have tried two different brand new LockPicks and they exhibit identical issues. The radio was tested by OEMAutoParts and worked flawslessly on their bench. Since no two vehicles are going to be identical, the possibility of having issues varies. But the LockPick V.5 does not officially support the RHR according to the manufacturer. They are adding it to their list of supported radios within the next two months once they release the software patch.

Congrats that you have no issues! You are lucky! I however am one of the few cases that have issues that will be resolved once the software patch is out with official RHR software support.
Unread 06-02-2013, 05:13 AM   #82
rsurran

2005 WK 

I like the AUX input right on the front panel. My Mom's little Chevy Aveo has one but my big bad Jeep don't. Where is the slot for CD player?

Dick Surran

"When you stop contributing you are just taking up space."
rsurran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #83
Ben824
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsurran View Post
I like the AUX input right on the front panel. My Mom's little Chevy Aveo has one but my big bad Jeep don't. Where is the slot for CD player?
The screen slides down and out and reveals the hidden CD player slot behind the screen.
Unread 06-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #84
paulbrandon83

Mine cuts out. It's annoying. I was thinking about selling it and just getting an aftermarket system. But i might hold out for a few months if a solution is coming.
paulbrandon83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #85
Ben824
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrandon83 View Post
Mine cuts out. It's annoying. I was thinking about selling it and just getting an aftermarket system. But i might hold out for a few months if a solution is coming.
That is what my RHR is doing. It cuts out except for the front passenger door speaker and I loose all volume control when this happens. Carlos at CoatalETech said that my symptoms were similar to what they were getting from the RER units before they came out with their software update for it.
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #86
ttusqrl
WK Supporter
2005 WK 

Any update on if RHRs are working with the lockpick now?
2005 WK Limited 5.7 ORT | OME HD | Saguaro Front Winch Bumper| Warn Zeon 10s | 17" Moabs w custom powder coat | 265/70/17 BFG TA KO | 1.5" Spidertrax | AIRAID CAI | Gibson 3" Exhaust | DiabloSport Intune | XD 5000K HIDs | JL Stealthbox w A1300 Amp | Valentine 1

WANTED (PM if Selling): Gobi Roof Rack, 4XG Armor, MyGig RHR & Lockpick, Catch Can, Rear Diff Cover, Weathertechs / Quadratec Mats
ttusqrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #87
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttusqrl
Any update on if RHRs are working with the lockpick now?
To this day from the first day I installed mine, my RHR works perfectly fine with the Lockpick. Absolutely zero issues.
Unread 10-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #88
ttusqrl
WK Supporter
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybcpt View Post
To this day from the first day I installed mine, my RHR works perfectly fine with the Lockpick. Absolutely zero issues.
Thanks Billy. Anyone who had issues know if it has been corrected?
2005 WK Limited 5.7 ORT | OME HD | Saguaro Front Winch Bumper| Warn Zeon 10s | 17" Moabs w custom powder coat | 265/70/17 BFG TA KO | 1.5" Spidertrax | AIRAID CAI | Gibson 3" Exhaust | DiabloSport Intune | XD 5000K HIDs | JL Stealthbox w A1300 Amp | Valentine 1

WANTED (PM if Selling): Gobi Roof Rack, 4XG Armor, MyGig RHR & Lockpick, Catch Can, Rear Diff Cover, Weathertechs / Quadratec Mats
ttusqrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #89
kingermark
2005 WK 

Any one know if the software updates have been done to the lockpicks and if they are working with RHR's in 2005-2007 wk?

Great Thread with great info, thanks everyone.
kingermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #90
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingermark
Any one know if the software updates have been done to the lockpicks and if they are working with RHR's in 2005-2007 wk? Great Thread with great info, thanks everyone.
Hey man I'm the OP on this thread. I have since upgraded the RER I had installed to an RHR and it works flawlessly with the Lockpick Adapter that I currently have installed in my 2005 WK. And I NEVER needed this so called software update at all to my Lockpick. They've been installed for over a yr and a half just about with absolutely NO issues. Every feature is active and working 100%. The issues that someone else is claiming they're having is most likely a bad RHR and/or Lockpick.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.