MYGIG RER in 2005 WK INSTALLED!!! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > MYGIG RER in 2005 WK INSTALLED!!!

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 12-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #31
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Nope I haven't heard of it happening unless it really is a bad unit. Where did you buy it from? Also what Lockpick version do you have? I have a V.3 adapter. I believe they have the V.5 adapter available now.

Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #32
Jmm611

I bought it off of eBay. I do have the V5 lock pick that I bought from coastaletech.com
Jmm611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #33
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

It's the Lockpick Adapter V.5 not the regular V.5 Lockpick right? What year WK do you have?
Unread 12-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #34
Jmm611

I have a 2005. I did get the adapter lock pick v5
Unread 12-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #35
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Hmmmm I don't know man, I wish I did. I have the V.3 and everything has been working flawlessly since the install. I'll look into it further for you! Just take a look at the pics and descriptions of the correct switch settings in the instructions to verify they are set right since tey are a little different than the V.3 settings. I see they have a "vehicle setting" now, mine doesnt, it only has 5 switches and the only switches turned down are the "2 and 3" ones. According to Coastaltech thats the default setting from them to enable all Lockpick settings and to have the unit functioning properly, rememeber for V.3. It could be just a bad Lockpick adapter.
Unread 12-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #36
Jmm611

I reached out today to Coastaletech and they had this to day about the issue "Thanks for your email. We have a software update available to remedy this issue. This update for your Freedom In Motion piece will terminate the screen restart loop you are experiencing by reallocating memory distribution amongst the LockPick’s microchips. Please follow the link below download the update software and run the updater program (NOTE: your module needs to be connected via USB and powered by your vehicle to run the update correctly)"

http://www.coastaletech.com/usbupdate.htm

If anyone buys the V5 Lock pick adapter you need to update it even if its a brand new device, they do not send them updated for some reason.
Unread 12-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #37
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Awesome! Hope this works for you!
Unread 12-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #38
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

My jeep came with the non nav mygig but I don't have the voice commands or Bluetooth..any idea what it would take to add the voice commands/Bluetooth? I really only want the Bluetooth, I miss the sync system in my old edge.
alex725 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #39
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

What Mygig do you have? Model number?
Unread 12-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #40
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybcpt View Post
What Mygig do you have? Model number?
Not sure..I might have the window sticker for it in my desk, but I left the jeep at work and took home a company car tonight so ill have to check tomorrow. It's the basic one, I think it was only a $495 option on the jeep.
alex725 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #41
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

If I'm not mistaken, all Mygigs have Uconnect/Bluetooth functionality but I could be wrong. Post a pic of your Mygig when you get a chance!
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #42
Mashanu

Do you guys know what other vehicles the RER low-speed comes out of? I'm always checking craigslist and junkyards for parts vehicles
Mashanu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #43
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Check out Wkjeeps.com and click on the Mygig link in the list they have. There's a TON of info on our WKs on this site. There are low speed RERs for 2008 and below (2005) WKs but there are low speed RHRs which is the successor to the RER, albeit at a higher price but with a few more current tech features.
Unread 02-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #44
paulbrandon83

Stock AM/FM adaptor

What adapter did you use so that you can plug in your stock AM/FM antenna?

I'm ready to install mine
paulbrandon83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #45
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Not sure oemautopartsco.com sent me it with my Mygig purchase.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.