MYGIG RER in 2005 WK INSTALLED!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > MYGIG RER in 2005 WK INSTALLED!!!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #16
BRIANC500
1993 ZJ 

I have the BA speakers & amp option, do you foresee any issue with those working with the RER in an 05 WK?

BRIANC500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #17
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Haha I have the same setup dude! It works absolutely flawless with the amp and BA speakers
Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #18
BRIANC500
1993 ZJ 

Good to know, I'm definitely picking up a RER now. Was going to drop in a REC, but seeing this thread changed my mind
BRIANC500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #19
cpnbnanamn
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybcpt View Post
Just finished!!! )
I did this same installation and setup early this year. Adapting the rear camera to the new RER H/U is easy, especially if you've got some soldering skills. I didn't add the microphone, because I usually use my bluetooth headset when I'm on my phone.
When I ordered my setup from oemauto, I also added the digital TV box so that I can watch TV on it, and adapted the Sirius XM radio to the H/U as well. I was going to do a write-up, but ran out of time..
Oh! I should also add, that while I was in the dash, I added my ScanGauge II and nestled it in the little cubby right in front of the gearshift. It was a busy night.
-Roger
cpnbnanamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #20
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Good to hear Brian! Just make sure you get the Lockpick Adapter V.3 made by Coastaletech and the other necessities for a complete install. Look at my first post for the websites I used if you'd like. Also Roger how well does the digital TV tuner work for you? I was debating on adding that as well.
Unread 08-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #21
FunWK
2006 WK 

This is a very useful post. Thank you SO MUCH for this. I've been wanting to upgrade my ancient REC navigation to a touch screen RER version. I saw the MyGIG Lockpick interface and knew that had to be the only solid way to go.

One question: if you already have UCONNECT and SIRIUS features with your pre-existing REC, were they immediately adopted by the RER with the lockpick? Or do you have to run a seperate microphone just for the lockpick interface? Also, is there a way to upgrade the sirius tuner with the RER? The tuner that comes with the REC is pretty old and doesn't go past a certain set of channels, which makes it limited in regards to what channels you can subscribe to on sirius (i.e. no best of xm).
FunWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #22
marka2k

2006 WK 

The uConect you currently have will not work with the RER you will have to purchase a mic. go with the OEM, aftermarket tends to be junk.

The RER has Sirus Tuner built in, as far as getting the Best of XM I am not sure. There is a adapter/extension for the antenna cable that runs to the existing Sirus tuner located in passenger side rear panel that you run to the front the old Sirus does not get used as well as the old uConnect module passenger side kick panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunWK View Post
This is a very useful post. Thank you SO MUCH for this. I've been wanting to upgrade my ancient REC navigation to a touch screen RER version. I saw the MyGIG Lockpick interface and knew that had to be the only solid way to go.

One question: if you already have UCONNECT and SIRIUS features with your pre-existing REC, were they immediately adopted by the RER with the lockpick? Or do you have to run a seperate microphone just for the lockpick interface? Also, is there a way to upgrade the sirius tuner with the RER? The tuner that comes with the REC is pretty old and doesn't go past a certain set of channels, which makes it limited in regards to what channels you can subscribe to on sirius (i.e. no best of xm).

Silver WK Club #46
06 WK Overland
MyGiG RER
OEM Parkview Rear Camera
4xGuard Matrix
4XGuard Front Skid
4XGuard Rock Rails
HID Projector
2" Lift

04 TJ Rubicon Silver
Rokmen Fuel Tank Skid
Rokmen Front Skid
Rokmen Tummy Tuck
Novak Shifter
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
marka2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #23
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunWK

Haha read a little further into my first post, you'll see me explain the answer to your question. And you'll see pics of me installing and routing the Mopar Uconnect mic to just behind the mirror
Unread 08-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #24
blueknight155
2008 JK Wrangler 

i contacted a rep with coastal and they don't have a clue ... my lockpick on works about 35% of the time .... the only way i can get my radio to even work is to unplug the lockpick and plug it back in ... then it will come on ... as far as the rear camera goes, any camera passing a 1volt pvp signal will pass video, the place is a joke, try downloading a usb update... the friggin site doesn't even work .... good luck with that one ... will not waste my money on another and i will tell every jeep owner i know ....
blueknight155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #25
Mashanu

So for someone like myself who wants the mygig RER in his 05 WK will I need the uconnect microphone or is that optional?

I currently have the stock radio, no nav, not even sure if I have Boston acoustics but that part shouldn't matter (at least to my knowledge?

I'm just curious if there are any complications I would have if I bought the rer low speed unit, the lock pick unit, and the bezel

After some googling its hard to get an exact idea on which route I should take, whether it be using mygig (I want Sirius and nab at least) or another aftermarket unit.
Mashanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #26
marka2k

2006 WK 

Mic. only needed if you are going to use uConnect and or voice commands.

Lockpick, Lowspeed RER and Bezel no issues providing that you not having Boston Acoustic is not a issue (someone else will need to chime in) if you go this route make sure you pickup a GPS Antenna as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashanu View Post
So for someone like myself who wants the mygig RER in his 05 WK will I need the uconnect microphone or is that optional?

I currently have the stock radio, no nav, not even sure if I have Boston acoustics but that part shouldn't matter (at least to my knowledge?

I'm just curious if there are any complications I would have if I bought the rer low speed unit, the lock pick unit, and the bezel

After some googling its hard to get an exact idea on which route I should take, whether it be using mygig (I want Sirius and nab at least) or another aftermarket unit.

Silver WK Club #46
06 WK Overland
MyGiG RER
OEM Parkview Rear Camera
4xGuard Matrix
4XGuard Front Skid
4XGuard Rock Rails
HID Projector
2" Lift

04 TJ Rubicon Silver
Rokmen Fuel Tank Skid
Rokmen Front Skid
Rokmen Tummy Tuck
Novak Shifter
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
marka2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #27
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Marka2k said it perfectly only get the mic if you want the Uconnect capability, I enjoy it very much for making hands-free phone calls and the voice command capability (my opinion is that it's pretty damn good) of the MyGig radios. It's really easy to retrofit it, literally plug and play with the Lockpick adapter. You can also add the Boston Acoustics amp and speakers later with no problems if I'm not mistaken. They sound pretty damn good for a stock premium system but I've heard the Kicker system that Jeep offers is better, that's my next upgrade! Also if you want Sirius, you'll have to buy the antenna (if you dont already have the antenna) and extension cable for it to work properly.
Unread 12-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #28
Jmm611

Any help!?

I recently did this install and was very easy to do. I am having a couple issues though...

The volume will randomly get stuck and I even then the power off on the unit and the music still stays on!! Also the units power just randomly goes out, did I get a bad unit or this an east fix??

Thanks in advance!
Jmm611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #29
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Are your Mygig Lockpick switch settings right and according to the lockpick's included instructions?
Unread 12-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #30
Jmm611

As far as I know yes, I didn't touch any of the switches and they told me to keep them all off/up. I will double check all of the switches tomorrow. Have you heard of this happening before?
Jmm611 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.