MYGIG RER in 2005 WK INSTALLED!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > MYGIG RER in 2005 WK INSTALLED!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 07-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

MYGIG RER in 2005 WK INSTALLED!!!

Just finished!!! My stock REC unit **** the bed on me and the screen went blank. It took me about 2-2.5 hrs to install it (being careful and trying for a clean install and also a couple of food breaks) but it was worth it. I ordered the following:

1. MyGIG RER Low Speed (PN: P050644001AH) from www.oemautopartsco.com for $850 (even though you can get it $100-$200 cheaper through Ebay or a private seller but I couldn't wait!!!) also the navigation antenna was included.

2. MyGIG Lockpick Adapter V.3 w/media harness from www.solidsignal.com for $179! Every other place wanted the MSRP $289.

3. Mopar Uconnect Microphone (PN: 82211743AB) from www.oemautopartsco.com for $30.

4. REC Bezel filler from oemautopartscoo.com for $35.

The only things I didn't get were the Sirius extension cable for my current factory Sirius setup and the rear view camera but those are DEFINITE future additions to this mod. If you order everything at once from oemautopartsco.com they will give you a much lower bundle price, all you have to do is just ask, I did

Install info:
I routed the Mopar microphone by taking off the gauge cluster bezel and the small dash side panel (thank you wkjeeps.com!) and snaking the wire over the air vent closest to the driver side window and then over the exposed gauge cluster (SEE PICS BELOW). I then routed the microphone end of the wire by taking off the driver's side a-pillar and tucking it in next to the sunroof drain tube. Then I loosened up the driver's side visor to drop the headliner down just a little bit to tuck in the wire up there along the top of the windshield. The mic also had 2 sided tape on the bottom of it so I just stuck it on the Smartbeam camera located just behind the mirror. The Uconnect mirror has essentially become useless at this point because the MYGIG has those buttons and functions built in to it hence the need for Mopar Uconnect mic for it to work. It is recommended to disconnect the factory Uconnect module located behind the passenger side cowl trim but I didn't. My iPhone 4s connected quickly and works flawlessly with the MyGIG. As a matter of fact everything does!

The MyGIG Lockpick V.3 Adapter comes with very informative instructions and helped the install immensely. It also comes with the AM/FM antenna adapter since the connections on the MyGIG are different than my REC unit. The navigation antenna that was supplied with the MyGIG has a magnet on the bottom of it so I just used the old navigation antenna metal mounting plate, just unscrew the 3 small screws of the old one (SEE PICS BELOW). The only pain in the *** part of the install was trying to fit the unit back in with all of the extra wires needed for the Lockpick Adapter and the adapter itself. Also some MyGIGs come with plastic guide mounting tabs below the top screw mounting holes on the unit. Now you can install it this way since the dash has all of the mounting holes necessary for all radios (SEE PICS BELOW) but you'll have a huge gap up on top of the radio. But if you get the REC bezel filler like I did (which basically splits that empty space in two and fills it) you'll have to cut off those plastic tabs to fit it in since it pushes the unit up to the very top mounting holes. It's a tight fit but I got it to work!

Here are the pics, let me know if you have any questions

phpg1cvqzpm-1.jpg   phpg0mlpqpm.jpg   phpjnqiubpm.jpg   phpoyr9jrpm.jpg   phpphsvajpm.jpg  

php0mexovpm.jpg   phpun7hqppm.jpg   phpf1jppzpm.jpg   phpa070n9pm-1.jpg   phpsrukyjpm.jpg  

Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Almost forgot the steering wheel controls work flawlessly as well
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
NGreen
2008 WK 

That's a really slick install! Do all the features work with the radio?
NGreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Yes thanks to the MyGIG Lockpick adapter V.3 I got (You need it for 2005-2007 Wks) everything works as advertised. According to your profile NGREEN you have a 2008 WK so you wouldn't need the adapter but you would need a regular Lockpick unit to unlock all features of the MyGIG. Do you have one? Or one of the basic factory radios?
Unread 07-17-2012, 02:34 AM   #5
NGreen
2008 WK 

No, I've got the same radio in my 2008, but I also own a 2007. It's quite a pain going from one to the other, so ya, it'd be nice to have them both be myGig's.
NGreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #6
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

When I first looked into it, the gps mapping 'estimated time of arrival' did not work because they couldn't link the clock system. Is that fixed now?
07 Steel Blue Overland CRD QDII | Bilsteins | 4xguard Matrix | Rear SRT8 SwayBar | DashHawk w/egt | Provent MBRP XP Exhaust | New Intake Tube & Seal + EHM | Alternator Splash Guard | Crank Sensor | GPS AL InMotion Hack | Swirl motor bypass | Blue WK Club Member #13 | 100,000 Mile Club | Dogpiled Club | pre-N23 FDCM |
wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #7
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

So far the clock issue is fixed due to a software upgrade a while back and works just fine but not sure about the issue stated above but I'll look into it!
Unread 07-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
marka2k

2006 WK 

Fixed, the software was fixed to grab GPS time VS. the clock module time on 08 and newer, ETA works no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiee View Post
When I first looked into it, the gps mapping 'estimated time of arrival' did not work because they couldn't link the clock system. Is that fixed now?

Silver WK Club #46
06 WK Overland
MyGiG RER
OEM Parkview Rear Camera
4xGuard Matrix
4XGuard Front Skid
4XGuard Rock Rails
HID Projector
2" Lift

04 TJ Rubicon Silver
Rokmen Fuel Tank Skid
Rokmen Front Skid
Rokmen Tummy Tuck
Novak Shifter
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
marka2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
marko138
2011 WK 

That looks fantastic.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #10
suzieque
2008 WK 

well done! I love the mygig and lockpick in my 2008. I have the lockpick so I can watch dvd on the front screen while in motion and enter navigation while in motion. I plan to add a front camera to my WK, just need to get around to it!
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
Static83
2014 JK Wrangler 

I dont have steering wheel controls on my WK, wonder how hard it would be to set that up along with this.
Unread 07-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #12
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

I'd assume you'd have to buy a whole new steering wheel with the controls on them. Not having them is just fine though. The Mygig is also voice-controlled as well
Unread 07-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #13
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

The GPS time of arrival works on mine just fine and entering directions while in motion as well as watching dvds works awesome!
Unread 07-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #14
ChrisWK
2005 WK 

Looks great.
ChrisWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #15
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Thanks the RER is way better than the REC that **** the bed on me. The radio works but the screen is black. $250 for anyone that can fix it lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.