My Tactical Armor Group (TAG) experience - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > My Tactical Armor Group (TAG) experience

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #1
coophadley
2007 XK Commander 

My Tactical Armor Group (TAG) experience

I'll skip the whole backstory of my reason for getting steel bumpers for my XK. But anyway, this thread is to share their experience with Tactical armor group (formerly Kennesaw Mountain offroad, correct me if im wrong). I have read many reports about Tactical Armor group (TAG) and it seems that their customer service is terrible. Here's what I have to say:
I ordered my bumpers on 7/29/14. that was July 29, and they still have not come in, and it is now October 9. However, being the broke high schooler I am, I need to save up for my lift anyway so I am no hurry to get my bumpers. Few things about when and how I ordered.
-The order receipt came in fast and the credit card was charged
-I called someone from TAG (assuming it was kyle, the owner) in the following few days and asked for an estimate of time it would take for the bumpers.
- He said they had just started a run of commander bumpers and that it would not take too terribly long.
-I checked on them almost a month later (8/25/14) and asked on the status of my bumpers. They said it was in CADing. My question is, they have made commander bumpers before, why do they need to do CAD? (it stands for computer animated design right?)
-A little after i had ordered I looked up TAG and had seen numerous accounts of terrible customer service reports and people getting badly put together bumpers, and i had also seen reports where the work was done well, but the wait was extensive.
- I decided to call TAG again TODAY (10/9/14) and ask on the status of my bumper. This time I talked to a lady named ashley who emailed me the status of my bumpers a half hour later. I told her that I knew it was going to take a long time because of reports I had read, and i asked for a new estimated amount of time since I had ordered. She said they were behind on their orders (not a surprise) and the very latest time would be 14 weeks. 14 weeks!!! I was baffled, but i didn't want it to be rushed so i let it be.
I will try to keep this thread updated frequently.
TODAY marks the 10th week. If it does not come in soon i will be very angry. Oh, and the lady said that my bumper is currently being "layed" out. She cannot even spell laid right? What am I dealing with? Also, I am not happy with how brief and non descriptive these reports are.
Please feel free to also share your experience with TAG. Let this be a warning and something to consider about them before placing your order.

coophadley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2014, 08:49 PM   #2
05WKinPA
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coophadley View Post
I'll skip the whole backstory of my reason for getting steel bumpers for my XK. But anyway, this thread is to share their experience with Tactical armor group (formerly Kennesaw Mountain offroad, correct me if im wrong). I have read many reports about Tactical Armor group (TAG) and it seems that their customer service is terrible. Here's what I have to say:
I ordered my bumpers on 7/29/14. that was July 29, and they still have not come in, and it is now October 9. However, being the broke high schooler I am, I need to save up for my lift anyway so I am no hurry to get my bumpers. Few things about when and how I ordered.
-The order receipt came in fast and the credit card was charged
-I called someone from TAG (assuming it was kyle, the owner) in the following few days and asked for an estimate of time it would take for the bumpers.
- He said they had just started a run of commander bumpers and that it would not take too terribly long.
-I checked on them almost a month later (8/25/14) and asked on the status of my bumpers. They said it was in CADing. My question is, they have made commander bumpers before, why do they need to do CAD? (it stands for computer animated design right?)
-A little after i had ordered I looked up TAG and had seen numerous accounts of terrible customer service reports and people getting badly put together bumpers, and i had also seen reports where the work was done well, but the wait was extensive.
- I decided to call TAG again TODAY (10/9/14) and ask on the status of my bumper. This time I talked to a lady named ashley who emailed me the status of my bumpers a half hour later. I told her that I knew it was going to take a long time because of reports I had read, and i asked for a new estimated amount of time since I had ordered. She said they were behind on their orders (not a surprise) and the very latest time would be 14 weeks. 14 weeks!!! I was baffled, but i didn't want it to be rushed so i let it be.
I will try to keep this thread updated frequently.
TODAY marks the 10th week. If it does not come in soon i will be very angry. Oh, and the lady said that my bumper is currently being "layed" out. She cannot even spell laid right? What am I dealing with? Also, I am not happy with how brief and non descriptive these reports are.
Please feel free to also share your experience with TAG. Let this be a warning and something to consider about them before placing your order.
I've never heard anyone say anything positive about this company. I think this is the 3rd name they're going by at this point as well. If I were you I'd getting ready to dispute the charge on my card.
Unread 10-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #3
coophadley
2007 XK Commander 

Can you explain what this charge on my card thing your talking about is? I've read stories about people filing reports, but what about? Not receiving their bumpers?
Unread 10-09-2014, 10:00 PM   #4
Keeslinger31
2005 WK 

You said it yourself they charged your card Call whatever bank or credit card company you have and tell them to take off the charge as you never got anything for it. Most banks and card companys wont argue with you and just take it off
Unread 10-10-2014, 06:24 AM   #5
coophadley
2007 XK Commander 

I don't want to pull the charge just yet, I actually have a feeling that they will come in, but it will take a while.
Unread 10-10-2014, 06:37 AM   #6
BonesWK
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coophadley View Post
I don't want to pull the charge just yet, I actually have a feeling that they will come in, but it will take a while.
Lol 10 weeks and you still are hanging?

You must really want that "badly put together bumper".
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2014, 07:03 AM   #7
coophadley
2007 XK Commander 

well I have read reports where people have waited a long time but in the end have gotten a good bumper, I'm hoping I'm one of those few. When is it too late to get the charge taken off?
Unread 10-10-2014, 08:03 AM   #8
Fast55
2010 WK 

Call your CC company NOW and discuss the situation.
Fast55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2014, 02:44 PM   #9
coophadley
2007 XK Commander 

Update: I got an email today saying that my bumper is currently in assembly. Maybe they will come in soon?
Unread 10-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #10
Keeslinger31
2005 WK 

They said it was in assembly the first time you contacted them. Don't get you hopes up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.