My Pocono WK build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > My Pocono WK build

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #16
84foxgt
2007 WK 

looks good. likin the wheels!

84foxgt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2011, 04:09 PM   #17
08Hemiwk

Love the matrix and the cherokee, I might have to buy a matrix now
08 WK Hemi: 4" Superlift, 305/55/20 Terra Grapplers, 20x9 KMC Misfits, Superchip, AirRaid Intake, Custom Exhaust, Custom Toolbox Mount, 4xG Rear Diff Guard, JKS Quick Disconnect, Rola Rack, KC Daylighters
08Hemiwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2011, 04:35 PM   #18
Robb286
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ

duuuude, i'm totally stealing that Idea from you. LMAO.. I think that would look pretty dang sexy on Khaki.. nice job.

Did you paint yours??? and how did you center it, lol. Because that would be the first place I'd screw up.
Haha thanks man. I threw some plasti dip on the letters before i put them on. The center is right in middle the oem Jeep emblem (in between the two e's). I spaced them just under a inch and a half and i also used some painter's tape for a straight line.
image-2095504091.jpg   image-3089633096.jpg  
Robb286 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #19
Robb286
2006 WK 

And thanks guys for the compliments means alot! I figured i should update my build. I have some more recent pics of mine and my buddy's wj (looks alot like a copy cat lol)
image-1085277382.jpg   image-2016460651.jpg   image-2925975330.jpg  
Unread 10-23-2011, 09:20 PM   #20
daveWK42
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb286 View Post
I threw some plasti dip on the letters before i put them on. The center is right in middle the oem Jeep emblem (in between the two e's). I spaced them just under a inch and a half and i also used some painter's tape for a straight line.
so what color were the letters originally? chrome? something else?
daveWK42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2011, 05:30 AM   #21
Robb286
2006 WK 

Chrome.
Unread 10-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #22
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Yeah I think i'm going to do this mod today - I'm at a stand-still about whether I want to paint mine chrome or not. All the emblems on my Jeep are currently chrome. And although I don't like chrome, the letters don't really bother me that much, And I think I want 'cherokee' to blend with the 'jeep' emblem centered above. If the rest of my letters were graphited to the color of my wheels - I think that would be really sexy.
Unread 10-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #23
Robb286
2006 WK 

I would say try the plasti dip on the letters first. If you dont like them and deside to go back to chrome. All you gotta do is peel the dip off. Post a pic or two when your finish! I would love to see it on a different color!
Unread 10-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #24
daveWK42
2008 WK 

after looking at my WK today, it looks like i'll be shelling out the $90 for the chrome molding instead of the lettering. my laredo has the black plastic piece there instead of the body color one. i'm thinking i can figure out a way to prime & then paint the new molding to the body color then mount it, leaving the lettering chrome (since all the other badging is chrome). more work, but i think it'll look better than either slapping chrome lettering on black plastic molding or sticking one random piece of chrome molding on a laredo that has everything else black plastic.
daveWK42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2011, 07:35 PM   #25
Budguy87
2005 WK 

Do you have those Rigids hooked of to the reverse lights or to a seperate switch? That is bad *** im gonna have to steal that idea from you. and they just mount right to the saguaro mounts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb286 View Post
Here my 2006 WK laredo 3.7L. I got back in Nov of 2010. It is my first jeep and im liking it so far. Im a truck guy with my v8's but gas was killing me so i figured time to step down for now... I wanted to build the jeep but still keep good mpgs for the amount i travel everyday. First off i put some tint on the front windows, oem fog light kit, window vents, spark plugs and K&N chrome cold air intake.

After 2months of feeling driving a sedan and getting the jeep stuck at cabelas park lot, it was time for a lift and tries.

Just keep my mpgs above 17, I went with rough country's 2inch spacers and nitto grapplers rapped on fuel wheels.
I <33333333 H.I.D.S! i dont know how people can drive without them. So i went with 6k for low beams and fog lights.

Next up was LED reverse bulbs plus some tint one tail lights... And
Rigid Industries daullys on Saguaro 4x mounts.

Only one on in this pic.

Also i installed train horns too! Excellent purchase! More updates and pics later this week.. Let me know what u guys think, thanks.
Khaki WK Member #26

Out here gettin' my grind on while the rest of you are sittin' around finger poppin'each others A-holes.
Budguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2011, 08:17 PM   #26
Robb286
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveWK42
after looking at my WK today, it looks like i'll be shelling out the $90 for the chrome molding instead of the lettering. my laredo has the black plastic piece there instead of the body color one. i'm thinking i can figure out a way to prime & then paint the new molding to the body color then mount it, leaving the lettering chrome (since all the other badging is chrome). more work, but i think it'll look better than either slapping chrome lettering on black plastic molding or sticking one random piece of chrome molding on a laredo that has everything else black plastic.
Agree 100%, i would do the same thing if i had the black plastic piece. Somehow my laredo came with the color matching piece (pretty lucky). I think that would pretty sweet when its done.
Unread 10-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #27
Robb286
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budguy87
Do you have those Rigids hooked of to the reverse lights or to a seperate switch? That is bad *** im gonna have to steal that idea from you. and they just mount right to the saguaro mounts?
Yes, they mount right up to the saguaro mounts prefectly. I have them wired up seperate. I drive 15miles every early morning to work on the interstates and i got sick and tired of truckers high beaming for my hids... So i fell in love my daullys fast and now im getting the last laugh at the truckers when i blind them! Lmao!
Unread 10-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #28
Budguy87
2005 WK 

Lol ueah id like to get the a holes that like to ride my rear end at night just flash em instead of break checkin em.
Khaki WK Member #26

Out here gettin' my grind on while the rest of you are sittin' around finger poppin'each others A-holes.
Unread 10-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #29
Robb286
2006 WK 

Well than my set up would be prefect ya!
Unread 10-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #30
Budguy87
2005 WK 

yezzur
Khaki WK Member #26

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.