My Kevin's Off Road experience - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > My Kevin's Off Road experience

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
Ruckus02

My Kevin's Off Road experience

I wanted to buy my lift from KOR because I've heard so much good about them but they wouldn't take Paypal. I'm from Canada and they said there was a fraud issue with a stolen credit card last year from a Canadian. They wanted payment deposited directly in their bank account before the order was processed but I didn't feel comfortable with that since I've never bought from them before. I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't buy from KOR so reluctantly I bought the same stuff off Fleabay. Just wanted to put this out there for international customers who wish to purchase from KOR. I feel there should have been a notification on their site concerning international orders so you don't waste a couple of days in communication finding out this info. Again, I've heard nothing but good things about Kevin's Off Road, I'm just disappointed I couldn't conduct business with them.

Ruckus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
trax95008
2006 XK Commander 

Wow. It sounds like they don't trust you because your Canadian. Fraud happens everyday, all day long. That's a risk of having a business. It seems counter productive to make it more difficult for you to pay. Because of that, they lost your business. I've never bought anything from them, but a story like this will make me think twice. I don't need a hassle.
trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
suzieque
2008 WK 

it can be tough buying stuff from the US, we usually get raped in shipping charges! It's for that reason, I have stuff shipped to my dad's US post office box.
I guess every vendor has the right to refuse service, thanks for the warning about KOR.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
Kolak
Vendor

I generally ship via the US Postal Service to Canada. There's no brokerage fees and the vast majority of time the packages get delivered without any duty or taxes being charged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieque View Post
it can be tough buying stuff from the US, we usually get raped in shipping charges! It's for that reason, I have stuff shipped to my dad's US post office box.
I guess every vendor has the right to refuse service, thanks for the warning about KOR.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
deathwobblez
2003 WJ 

FYI- Kevin is again accepting Paypal payments from Canada and most other international locations. Orders are shipped via USPS and FedEx.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.