Is my Jeep Possessed? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Is my Jeep Possessed?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-29-2013, 05:23 AM   #1
cmefly
2006 WK 

Is my Jeep Possessed?

Weird thing happened the other day. Was driving my 2006 Jeep Limited w/Hemi and all of a sudden the chime started and all the lights on the dash came on. Jeep was not showing any signs of issues. Temp guage was fine, oil was perfect, etc. I pulled over and shut the car off. Turned it back on and it did it again at idle. I shut it off again and waited a couple minutes. Started it up and everything was fine.

The only thing I noticed last week was that I might have to replace my water pump. I noticed some anti-freeze residual on some of the hoses when I had Jeep up on lift for oil change.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

cmefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 06:57 AM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

First place I would check is your battery. Do a load test on it and make sure it isnt going out.
Unread 11-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
Dusan

Another possessed jeep, this time WK CRD

After driving 10 minutes this morning my WK CRD got half of lights go on - check engine, ABS, left turn, seat-belt, and others I don't remember; and messages "Service suspension" and "Check Gauges" plus the speed, rotation and temperature gauges didn't work anymore. Wipers were stuck on, could not turn off. Turning signal did not work either way, nor the 4 way flashing. The car was driving ok, no engine, transmission or braking were affected. The ABS even engaged ok after a harder brake on snow. I stopped the car, turned the engine off, took out the key and all the lights except left turn signal turned off. I restarted the engine, all the lights and messages were back on, as before, except the wipers remained off. I drove home, disconnected the battery, checked all fuses I could find, all were good. Reconnected the battery and except check engine light everything now is ok. Anybody has any idea what is going on? Could it be the battery?
Dusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #4
EasternPA
2005 WK 

When I first bought my 05 and researched what I bought, I thought I read about the turn signal control arm causing these kinds of issues. That, and suddenly having all internal and external lights turn off with no warning - something that would be awesome at 2 am in the desert
EasternPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
cmefly
2006 WK 

Hey, thanks for the info. Least I'm not the only person experiencing these "mystifying" things. I will check the battery and see where I stand with that. Thanks!

Last edited by cmefly; 11-29-2013 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: Typo
cmefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
colinzj
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusan View Post
Anybody has any idea what is going on? Could it be the battery?
Yep. Late model cars in general get weird when the battery's going as it's now a living part of the electric system instead of just a reserve. Late model Chryslers specifically can exhibit exactly what you're seeing. Windows and locks running themselves is also not unusual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternPA View Post
When I first bought my 05 and researched what I bought, I thought I read about the turn signal control arm causing these kinds of issues. That, and suddenly having all internal and external lights turn off with no warning - something that would be awesome at 2 am in the desert
If it's limited to the functions on the stalk—interior lights, exterior lights, dash light brightness—it's probably the stalk. Battery failure tends to cause more generalized weirdness involving multiple systems.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.