my jeep is im afraid at its end - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > my jeep is im afraid at its end

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
southernbell

my jeep is im afraid at its end

My idiot ex put 6 quartz too many of oil in my jeep cherokee 2005. Ive been having problems ever since. First thing was as soon as we left after he did this it started over heating and blowing white smoke. Replaced the temp sensor and it fixed the problem. Then my passanger floor board started getiing puddles in it. Cracked heater core. Hadnt fixed it yet and continued to drive it very short distances and drove it maybe a mile and it started spuddering like crazy. Pulled over and it was just acting nuts and when I got home I started messing with it and you turn it on and it just rough idles my rpms bounce from a little below one to between one and two. Check engine light came on took it to auto zone to get the code read and it said missfire in cylinder two. Changed all sparkplugs which were burnt. Changed my coil pack to cylinder two and also changed my pcv valve and now when it runs the lights in my car flicker. Wth is going on.

southernbell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
BAH101
2008 WK 

Did you remove the extra oil?
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
paroxysym
2007 WK 

probably should drain and refill the oil- otherwise all that oil will blow a gasket at some point
Unread 08-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
southernbell

Did a full oil change and everything was fine other than the heater core
Unread 08-23-2013, 07:09 AM   #5
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbell View Post
Did a full oil change and everything was fine other than the heater core
glad to hear it, make sure your next bf is a true jeep guy
Unread 08-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
rsurran
2003 TJ Wrangler 

One quart over is one thing, but six? Its a wonder it didn't overflow out the fill tube.

Dick Surran

"When you stop contributing you are just taking up space."
rsurran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #7
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

I can't see where the engine being overfilled would have anything to do with a cracked heater core. Probably just a coincidence, or did he do something with the cooling system since you've had two problems now?? What engine are we talking about here?
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
southernbell

He checked my oil on a incline like the idiot he was. After the oil change and temp sensor change it was fine until it over heated and I turned it off. Tur ed it on and that's wheb I got the rough idle problem. I'm just at a loss for it at this point.
Unread 08-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbell
He checked my oil on a incline like the idiot he was. After the oil change and temp sensor change it was fine until it over heated and I turned it off. Tur ed it on and that's wheb I got the rough idle problem. I'm just at a loss for it at this point.
If it overheated it may have blown a head gasket. A rough idle would make sense then. Any white smoke coming out the exhaust? I would take it to a shop and have them perform a block test. It'll test to see if you have a blown head gasket.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.