JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   my jeep is im afraid at its end (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/my-jeep-im-afraid-its-end-1564738/)

southernbell 08-20-2013 11:07 AM

my jeep is im afraid at its end

My idiot ex put 6 quartz too many of oil in my jeep cherokee 2005. Ive been having problems ever since. First thing was as soon as we left after he did this it started over heating and blowing white smoke. Replaced the temp sensor and it fixed the problem. Then my passanger floor board started getiing puddles in it. Cracked heater core. Hadnt fixed it yet and continued to drive it very short distances and drove it maybe a mile and it started spuddering like crazy. Pulled over and it was just acting nuts and when I got home I started messing with it and you turn it on and it just rough idles my rpms bounce from a little below one to between one and two. Check engine light came on took it to auto zone to get the code read and it said missfire in cylinder two. Changed all sparkplugs which were burnt. Changed my coil pack to cylinder two and also changed my pcv valve and now when it runs the lights in my car flicker. Wth is going on.

BAH101 08-20-2013 12:19 PM

Did you remove the extra oil?

paroxysym 08-20-2013 12:38 PM

probably should drain and refill the oil- otherwise all that oil will blow a gasket at some point

southernbell 08-22-2013 05:25 PM

Did a full oil change and everything was fine other than the heater core

paroxysym 08-23-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southernbell (Post 15825139)
Did a full oil change and everything was fine other than the heater core

glad to hear it, make sure your next bf is a true jeep guy :thumbsup:

rsurran 08-23-2013 12:16 PM

One quart over is one thing, but six? Its a wonder it didn't overflow out the fill tube.

90grandoneer 08-23-2013 12:43 PM

I can't see where the engine being overfilled would have anything to do with a cracked heater core. Probably just a coincidence, or did he do something with the cooling system since you've had two problems now?? What engine are we talking about here?

southernbell 08-25-2013 10:52 AM

He checked my oil on a incline like the idiot he was. After the oil change and temp sensor change it was fine until it over heated and I turned it off. Tur ed it on and that's wheb I got the rough idle problem. I'm just at a loss for it at this point.

Jeepforthewin 08-25-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southernbell
He checked my oil on a incline like the idiot he was. After the oil change and temp sensor change it was fine until it over heated and I turned it off. Tur ed it on and that's wheb I got the rough idle problem. I'm just at a loss for it at this point.

If it overheated it may have blown a head gasket. A rough idle would make sense then. Any white smoke coming out the exhaust? I would take it to a shop and have them perform a block test. It'll test to see if you have a blown head gasket.

The time now is 09:31 PM.