JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   My First Jeep, Now need custom ideas (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/my-first-jeep-now-need-custom-ideas-1373122/)

Fireemt371 05-25-2012 08:21 AM

My First Jeep, Now need custom ideas

:highfive:
I finally got rid of my pick up and bought a 2006 Jeep commander with the dark khaki paint, now I need to take it from looking like i should be packing lunches and driving kids to practice to being a beast, not to meantion piss off the jeep haters :rofl: . Looking for ideas basically, I have a $4000 budget and Have somewhat of an idea of what I am looking for. Cold air intake system (LOVE THEM) a 4inch Lift (to get over those speed bumps known as ricers) a bull bar and fog lights. I love Dick Cepek rims and have found myself drawn to the DC2 rims and can see some nice 33" duratracs on them. I am probably going to build a roof rack for the spare myself and rhino line it to save money. If anyone has any ideas or wants to tell me its a horrible idea because..... please do so

twistedlizard72 05-25-2012 08:50 AM

Cruise the build thread sticky. Lots of great idea's in there.

Contact Kolak for Superlift. He can hook you up with a lot of stuff. I just ordered my Superlift, Spidertrax wheel spacers, Bilsein shocks/struts and coil isolators from him. Look him up on the forum.

http://www.thesteelarmadillo.com/

http://www.4xguard.com/

sk1er18 05-25-2012 08:56 AM

Can you install the lift yourself? If so.... $4k will just about work for lift/wheels/tires with a few bucks left over (assuming you go with 4" superlift)

CrawlingForward 05-25-2012 09:06 AM

Warning: Mandatory Wrangler Trolling ahead....

You want something custom and original for a Commander?

.....how about mud? (:nofeedtroll:)

Seriously, though. I felt the same with with our new JK that sees very little offroad time. You want them to know that it's not the same as every other soccer mom out there, so I can sympathize.

My suggestion is just to upgrade in ways that aren't going to cascade right off the bat (lift = bigger tires = drivetrain changes = running issues, etc.).

Pick something that will give you an advantage now, but will still be useful if you go bigger and badder. The roof rack is a great pick, possibly some armor or rock rails, skid plates, diff covers, lockers, etc. all make a *huge* difference. Upgraded bumpers not only make recovery easier offroad, in snow, etc., but also makes a *huge* visual change that helps to differentiate yours.

Rob 99TJ 05-25-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireemt371 (Post 13622513)
:highfive:
I finally got rid of my pick up and bought a 2006 Jeep commander with the dark khaki paint, now I need to take it from looking like i should be packing lunches and driving kids to practice to being a beast, not to meantion piss off the jeep haters :rofl: . Looking for ideas basically, I have a $4000 budget and Have somewhat of an idea of what I am looking for. Cold air intake system (LOVE THEM) a 4inch Lift (to get over those speed bumps known as ricers) a bull bar and fog lights. I love Dick Cepek rims and have found myself drawn to the DC2 rims and can see some nice 33" duratracs on them. I am probably going to build a roof rack for the spare myself and rhino line it to save money. If anyone has any ideas or wants to tell me its a horrible idea because..... please do so

Congrats :cheers2: It doesn't sound like you need much help. :laugh: If you want to piss people off put an obnoxious muffler on it.:teehee:

With all that room in the Commander, why not mount the spare in the cargo area? Pull the 3rd row of seats out as it doesn't sound like you need them. You could mount it vertically on the driver side. Or mount it flat on the floor and build a shelf over the top of it so you're not totally loosing that space.

Fireemt371 05-25-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob 99TJ (Post 13623036)
Congrats :cheers2: It doesn't sound like you need much help. :laugh: If you want to piss people off put an obnoxious muffler on it.:teehee:

With all that room in the Commander, why not mount the spare in the cargo area? Pull the 3rd row of seats out as it doesn't sound like you need them. You could mount it vertically on the driver side. Or mount it flat on the floor and build a shelf over the top of it so you're not totally loosing that space.

I would but i actually have a kid and a woman who is not a fan of the jack it up country style i find myself madly in love with, which leads me to trying to find a balance of practical and awesome. IMHO I love the way the roof racks look with the spare up top, makes it look like it belongs in the sahrah blasting through the sand.

JRLT 05-25-2012 11:56 AM

Why not start with an EMU lift?

LJS8510 05-25-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRLT (Post 13623503)

I think you mean OME, and its a good idea.
OME is bout 3' of lift. It is only springs and struts/shocks and much less complicated and much less expensive than 4".

JRLT 05-25-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJS8510 (Post 13623674)
I think you mean OME, and its a good idea.
OME is bout 3' of lift. It is only springs and struts/shocks and much less complicated and much less expensive than 4".

Ha! Ya, that's what I meant.

Drock970 04-17-2013 11:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The EMU lift NOT OME lift is made from a company call Old Man EMU like the bird not emos. I just tossed a 2" on my WK and looks sick. Its actual shocks, struts, and new coils not just spacers. Just waiting on my 265/70/17 BFG A/Ts. For less then 800 bucks you should check them out. :D:D

ca07wk 04-17-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drock970 (Post 15312412)
The EMU lift NOT OME lift is made from a company call Old Man EMU like the bird not emos. I just tossed a 2" on my WK and looks sick. Its actual shocks, struts, and new coils not just spacers. Just waiting on my 265/70/17 BFG A/Ts. For less then 800 bucks you should check them out. :D:D

Old Man Emu.... OME.....

LJS8510 04-18-2013 05:43 AM

Ome

Ben824 04-18-2013 07:32 AM

With your budget I would get a 2" spacer lift best band for the buck and then replace the struts and shocks with something nice like Bilstein 5100s. Spend some money on a great set of stylish wheels and tires. Tint the windows. Throw some factory projector headlights on it. And then put an exhaust kit, cold air intake, and a Superchips tune on that bad boy! If there is still room in the budget go for a Rola rack and some sort of light bar on the front bumper.

huntb 04-18-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben824 (Post 15313116)
With your budget I would get a 2" spacer lift best band for the buck and then replace the struts and shocks with something nice like Bilstein 5100s. Spend some money on a great set of stylish wheels and tires. Tint the windows. Throw some factory projector headlights on it. And then put an exhaust kit, cold air intake, and a Superchips tune on that bad boy! If there is still room in the budget go for a Rola rack and some sort of light bar on the front bumper.

Spacer lift :facepalm:

Jaashua 04-18-2013 09:52 AM

Whoa we got a badass over here.

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum

The time now is 04:10 AM.