My Dream Cherokee WK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > My Dream Cherokee WK

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 04-21-2014, 12:09 AM   #1
Jglick

My Dream Cherokee WK

Im about to get a Jeep Grand Cherokee WK in less than a month and have already planned out most of what I want for it. I just wanted to see what you all think. I plan on going with a white, champagne, or silver colored one. I'm going with a rough country 1.5 inch spacer and rough country 2 inch lift. Im going with the wheel and tire package that includes some Pro comp 265/70/17 tires on 17inch bullet hole wheels from quadratec. I also am going to get the dynomax ultra flow muffler and dynamax tip. For the interior I am getting an indash radio from JVC and 4 speakers by kicker. Finally I will finish it off with a 30% tint all around and 6000k HID headlights from ddm.

It will be my first car I can actually call mine and take care of. Im going for a nice clean look to it but nothing to cocky. Any suggestions on different parts or such would be appreciated.

Jglick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2014, 12:57 AM   #2
spiceminer
2005 WK 

cool story bro
spiceminer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2014, 01:21 AM   #3
slayerized6

Dream WK? A dream WK should should have a OME lift at minimum, with a Super-lift immediately after. Otherwise, your dreams are mediocre.
Unread 04-21-2014, 05:59 AM   #4
LouC
2007 WK 

Whatever you do DON'T get the 6 cyl with those bigger heavy tires or it will feel SLOW...
Hemi better than the 4.7....
Unread 04-21-2014, 06:17 AM   #5
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

diesel = wet dream
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #6
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Learn the rig - whatever you end up with. Maintenance, repairs, all of it. You'll know more about your vehicle that way, save money, and have a deeper connection with it (you said it's your dream ride).

Sounds like a decent platform to start with. Wish I'd had one when I was 18.

Good luck.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2014, 12:23 PM   #7
ISUzj
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Learn the rig - whatever you end up with. Maintenance, repairs, all of it; save money,

Good luck.
This... first for like 6 months... that way you have tim to learn what you should put money into and what is a waste... just read on here a ton between now and then. You will be much happier after that.
~~[_---_____---_\-\\\\\\-\
~~~(o) )-o---(o) )-o---) )
94ZJ 5.2 Red; Rusty's 3" Coils,Skyjacker hydro's, Brush Guard, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Roof Rack, KVG Quick Discos, 31-10.50-15's DAYTON TIMBERLINE A/T OBA 2 Gallon tank
Can't buy it? BUILD IT!! Do it cheap too cuz your in college

My Build Thread Align your jeep yourself B N B#175
ISUzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #8
paroxysym
2007 WK 

agree with the comments above. dont go for the quick lift- the BB with a set of bilsteins or OEM shocks and struts. save and do it right and do it with quality the first time. do alot of research and get all the quality parts you can for the build.

personally your dream jeep should be SL equipped with a set of 285s- more options once you install it. can go 4"-6" with some work and up to a 35" tire. the OME has its limitations, being the rack/cv angles. depends on where you want to be after you spend your money... trimmed on a set of 285s or 265s with a great ride OR plenty of room for 33s with little to no trimming and no worries on the angle up front.
Unread 04-21-2014, 03:18 PM   #9
pancake
2005 WK 

Yeah I'm in the same situation you are. I got my jeep when I turned 17 when my brother took my modified 4runner off to school and I wanted to go ahead and lift it with a BB once I had the money but I've been saving for a modified ome setup and I don't regret doing so because it's well worth the money, can fit 285s easier, way more capable, and doesn't have the same harsh ride and effects on the drivetrain. It's your call but I would save your money and do it right the first time. I would go ahead and do some of the other stuff like lights, radio, speakers tint, etc. if you want to make your jeep unique/better, but hold off and do the lift the right way the first time. It was tough at first to wait, but I'm glad I'm doing it.

PS. Where you at in Raleigh?
Unread 04-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #10
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
agree with the comments above. dont go for the quick lift- the BB with a set of bilsteins or OEM shocks and struts. save and do it right and do it with quality the first time. do alot of research and get all the quality parts you can for the build.

personally your dream jeep should be SL equipped with a set of 285s- more options once you install it. can go 4"-6" with some work and up to a 35" tire. the OME has its limitations, being the rack/cv angles. depends on where you want to be after you spend your money... trimmed on a set of 285s or 265s with a great ride OR plenty of room for 33s with little to no trimming and no worries on the angle up front.
While I couldn't agree more........the op is 18. The set-up he describes is appropriate IMO.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 04-21-2014, 05:32 PM   #11
Megs_Revenge
2005 WK 

Take the suggestions but not to heart. Your dream WK should be what YOU want, and if what you've wrote is it, then keep it that way.

Not everyone's dream is a super lift. We have one and I don't care for it, don't get me wrong, it's nice but not my style. I went with the OME and it feels fine for what "I" want.

Think about what you want out of your Jeep. Serious off-roading? Daily driver with good looks? Lowered? Take it from there and set your budget. There's plenty of great, reputable websites with awesome prices as well as wonderful vendors who will hook you up on here. Definitely read reviews and price match. That way, you have plenty of $$ left over for more Jeep goodies!
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Silver"]Silver WK club #69[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Silver"]Oo|||||||oO[/COLOR][/FONT]
Megs_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2014, 05:50 PM   #12
Jaashua
2005 WK 

They have more than 4 speakers.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2014, 06:48 AM   #13
Jglick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_Revenge View Post
Take the suggestions but not to heart. Your dream WK should be what YOU want, and if what you've wrote is it, then keep it that way.

Not everyone's dream is a super lift. We have one and I don't care for it, don't get me wrong, it's nice but not my style. I went with the OME and it feels fine for what "I" want.

Think about what you want out of your Jeep. Serious off-roading? Daily driver with good looks? Lowered? Take it from there and set your budget. There's plenty of great, reputable websites with awesome prices as well as wonderful vendors who will hook you up on here. Definitely read reviews and price match. That way, you have plenty of $$ left over for more Jeep goodies!
Im not wanting to do any mudding really, just a daily driver that looks good but nothing too much. I have more than enough money to get all the stuff everyone is describing, but I dont really want that much dont to it. If I wanted a bigger lift then I would've said that in my first post for those people above
Jglick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2014, 07:52 AM   #14
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
While I couldn't agree more........the op is 18. The set-up he describes is appropriate IMO.
well if he saved another year he wouldnt be suffering from "inchitis" like you OME guys do after install.

but honestly for 18, RC BB with some 32s would be money. honestly he could hunt down some XK springs to throw in with the install and gain alittle more height and throw some 285s after some trimming.
Unread 04-22-2014, 07:54 AM   #15
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post

well if he saved another year he wouldnt be suffering from "inchitis" like you OME guys do after install.

but honestly for 18, RC BB with some 32s would be money. honestly he could hunt down some XK springs to throw in with the install and gain alittle more height and throw some 285s after some trimming.
Lol.........this is true.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~

Tags
lift , spacer , speaker replacements , tires , tires rubbing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.