My 2005 Grand Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > My 2005 Grand Cherokee

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 04-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
ogie
2005 WK 

My 2005 Grand Cherokee

Here's my 2005 Grand Cherokee... Haven't done much to it yet, bought it and two months later I got laid off. Just got a new job so let Project Tonka Truck begin!

Got some Cheapo Riken Trail A/P's... Came with the car when I bought it. Tire recommendations would be appreciated! I want to eventually do a 2" lift.

Just got the Stereo put in, only thing on the car that isn't stock at the moment... Well besides a K&N Air Filter and the roof racks.

2 12" JL W1's

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Congrats and congrats... You posted pics... dirty ones.... with recent mods... This guy is ok in my book! My only complaint is that Saturn is blocking some of the natural beauty in the background, lol.
Unread 04-12-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
ogie
2005 WK 

Any suggestions for mod's would definitely be appreciated. Looking more for performance right now as this is going to be my daily driver for a while and I have about a 40 mile commute to work every day. I was looking to do a new exhaust and maybe a CAI, not sure what would be the best choices for either of those. I talked to Kolak about maybe getting a superchips programmer, not sure what I want to do about that yet (Buddy is trying to convince me to get a custom super charger ).

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Unread 04-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
ogie
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_WK View Post
Congrats and congrats... You posted pics... dirty ones.... with recent mods... This guy is ok in my book! My only complaint is that Saturn is blocking some of the natural beauty in the background, lol.
I have mad love for that saturn. I put that thing through more **** then any car deserves. Took it two tracking in the UP a couple of times... New oil pans aren't cheap. There's just a parking lot over there anyways. I'm still learning to wrench from my buddy so expect more in the coming months, thinking about a 4xguard front skid plate, those things look sexy. Bit out of my price range at the moment though. Actually one of my next projects is figuring out where the hell i'm going to put these tow hooks I got from my dad on the front end so I can tie down my canoe. Haven't been able to find much on where to mount them or how really.

Last edited by ogie; 04-12-2011 at 11:46 PM..
Unread 04-13-2011, 10:37 PM   #5
mailforjon
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
Any suggestions for mod's would definitely be appreciated. Looking more for performance right now as this is going to be my daily driver for a while and I have about a 40 mile commute to work every day. I was looking to do a new exhaust and maybe a CAI, not sure what would be the best choices for either of those. I talked to Kolak about maybe getting a superchips programmer, not sure what I want to do about that yet (Buddy is trying to convince me to get a custom super charger ).

Any thoughts are appreciated.
remove those subs. thats 60 pounds right there. that should improve performance.

i think a superchips tuner would be a good start after shedding that weight.

-2005 WK 5.7 Limited [DD]
-1999 WJ 4.7 Limited [SOLD]
-1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited [SOLD]
-1996 ZJ 5.2 Laredo [SOLD]
-1994 ZJ 4.0 Laredo [SOLD]
-1993 XJ 2.5 [SOLD]
mailforjon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 11:35 PM   #6
ogie
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailforjon View Post
remove those subs. thats 60 pounds right there. that should improve performance.

i think a superchips tuner would be a good start after shedding that weight.
Honestly I wasn't even going to bother buying them but I got them for around 50 bucks.

I am definitely looking at the superchips, any suggestions for an exhaust?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.