My '05 WK build thread. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > My '05 WK build thread.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 05-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #31
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmmdrDan View Post
I know that bumzo and myself have have zip ties through that wrap through the hole in the bolt and d-ring. Not gonna stop someone but will take longer for them. Or even stop them..
Haha I do too. Thats funny

cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2011, 11:06 AM   #32
ogie
2005 WK 

Well after paintball on sunday we attempted to put some of the skids in place:

After looking at the fuel tank skid we realized we didn't have time to do the back skids so we decided to just put on the front ones. So we take off the plastic piece that's in place of the front suspension skid, get ready to bolt her on and we find out that some ******* broke two bolts clean off and left them stuck in the holes:

Tried to remove the pieces with an easy out and we weren't having much luck.

When all was said and done we only got the front 4xguard skid on:

I'm a little worried about the bolts up front as they don't seem very tight in the holes even though they're bolted all the way down... Should I have cut off the park of the plastic piece that was in the way for the front of the mounts?
Unread 08-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #33
ogie
2005 WK 

Just got the belly guard installed last night... I'm a little worried though because I don't have the tcase skid and so I couldn't get the bolts to screw in all the way... Feels like if I torque it anymore it's going to strip them out... It feels solid though, it has a little play up and down but it was so minimal I barely noticed. I couldn't move it forward and backwards.

Hopefully once I get the fuel tank skid on (Mechanic that I was going to pay to do it ****ed up and thought the skid that's on there right now was the same one I bought with the mounting bracket for the tcase skid... So I couldn't get either of them on. Here's a pic:

Any idea on whether or not those bolts will be ok? It's making me a little nervous I think it should be alright.
Unread 08-06-2011, 02:42 AM   #34
Wifes_WK

It all looks good. I hope your using some locktite if you feel those bolts and screw are loose.
Wifes_WK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2011, 05:27 AM   #35
wcjr
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
Got the Jeep back today, installed Superchips as soon as I got home. Now I'm just waiting for the stock skids and saguaro shackle mounts to get here to install them. Next purchase: 4xguard belly and front guard.
Any performance or MPG gains from installing the tuner?
wcjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2011, 05:50 AM   #36
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
Just got the belly guard installed last night... I'm a little worried though because I don't have the tcase skid and so I couldn't get the bolts to screw in all the way... Feels like if I torque it anymore it's going to strip them out... It feels solid though, it has a little play up and down but it was so minimal I barely noticed. I couldn't move it forward and backwards.

Hopefully once I get the fuel tank skid on (Mechanic that I was going to pay to do it ****ed up and thought the skid that's on there right now was the same one I bought with the mounting bracket for the tcase skid... So I couldn't get either of them on. Here's a pic:

Any idea on whether or not those bolts will be ok? It's making me a little nervous I think it should be alright.
If I understand you correctly, the bolts are tight but bottomed out before snuugging up the skid. If that's the case, why not just throw on a washer or two?
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.