Multi gauge/scanner for diesel jeep? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Multi gauge/scanner for diesel jeep?

Save at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsECGS Labor Day Sale!!New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 07-27-2013, 05:15 AM   #1
Cvincent

Multi gauge/scanner for diesel jeep?

I actually have a 2008 mercedes ml with the same motor as some of the jeeps, i hope i am in the right sub forum....

Any mods i have found for this truck are on the jeep forums! Thank you guys!

So i am here asking for help

I have scan gauges for all my cars and it works on the ml but cannot read egts/trans temps etc
I contacted scan gauge and they said mercedes is not very forthcoming with the info they need to set up x gauges for these trucks

So my question is- does anyone know of something similar to the scan gauge/ bully dog/ aero force set ups that will work for our trucks and read egts/ trans etc?

I am not having any luck doing google searches

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Cvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

Starscan
10Xk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
BAH101
2008 WK 

Supposedly the Dashhawk can. I don't have one but there are a few on this forum who do.
Unread 08-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #4
suzieque
2008 WK 

Yup the dashhawk can do the cat1b1 temperature which is the temperature of the catalytic converter or diesel particulate filter - I'm not sure which. And definitely can do the transmission temperature. I suspect there is an engine temperature sensor and engine oil pressure sensor but i do not have the codes to read those.
In my opinion the autoenginuity product is the best with ghe ability go actually test sensors and actuators. http://www.autoenginuity.com/

Some Sprinter owners have bought the Ultraguage, I bought one for my car but I couldn't seem to get all the same readings as my Dashhawk when I tested the Ultraguage on the CRD.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #5
Cvincent

thanks for the info on these, i have been busy but will do research on these next week

if i get one i will post with my observations, etc
Cvincent is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.