Multi gauge/scanner for diesel jeep? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Multi gauge/scanner for diesel jeep?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-27-2013, 05:15 AM   #1
Cvincent

Multi gauge/scanner for diesel jeep?

I actually have a 2008 mercedes ml with the same motor as some of the jeeps, i hope i am in the right sub forum....

Any mods i have found for this truck are on the jeep forums! Thank you guys!

So i am here asking for help

I have scan gauges for all my cars and it works on the ml but cannot read egts/trans temps etc
I contacted scan gauge and they said mercedes is not very forthcoming with the info they need to set up x gauges for these trucks

So my question is- does anyone know of something similar to the scan gauge/ bully dog/ aero force set ups that will work for our trucks and read egts/ trans etc?

I am not having any luck doing google searches

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Cvincent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

Starscan
10Xk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
BAH101
2008 WK 

Supposedly the Dashhawk can. I don't have one but there are a few on this forum who do.
Unread 08-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #4
suzieque
2008 WK 

Yup the dashhawk can do the cat1b1 temperature which is the temperature of the catalytic converter or diesel particulate filter - I'm not sure which. And definitely can do the transmission temperature. I suspect there is an engine temperature sensor and engine oil pressure sensor but i do not have the codes to read those.
In my opinion the autoenginuity product is the best with ghe ability go actually test sensors and actuators. http://www.autoenginuity.com/

Some Sprinter owners have bought the Ultraguage, I bought one for my car but I couldn't seem to get all the same readings as my Dashhawk when I tested the Ultraguage on the CRD.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #5
Cvincent

thanks for the info on these, i have been busy but will do research on these next week

if i get one i will post with my observations, etc
Cvincent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.