-   WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum (
-   -   Multi gauge/scanner for diesel jeep? (

Cvincent 07-27-2013 06:15 AM

Multi gauge/scanner for diesel jeep?
I actually have a 2008 mercedes ml with the same motor as some of the jeeps, i hope i am in the right sub forum....

Any mods i have found for this truck are on the jeep forums! Thank you guys!

So i am here asking for help

I have scan gauges for all my cars and it works on the ml but cannot read egts/trans temps etc
I contacted scan gauge and they said mercedes is not very forthcoming with the info they need to set up x gauges for these trucks

So my question is- does anyone know of something similar to the scan gauge/ bully dog/ aero force set ups that will work for our trucks and read egts/ trans etc?

I am not having any luck doing google searches

Thanks for any help you can offer!

10Xk 08-03-2013 12:37 PM

BAH101 08-03-2013 04:30 PM

Supposedly the Dashhawk can. I don't have one but there are a few on this forum who do.

suzieque 08-04-2013 12:17 AM

Yup the dashhawk can do the cat1b1 temperature which is the temperature of the catalytic converter or diesel particulate filter - I'm not sure which. And definitely can do the transmission temperature. I suspect there is an engine temperature sensor and engine oil pressure sensor but i do not have the codes to read those.
In my opinion the autoenginuity product is the best with ghe ability go actually test sensors and actuators.

Some Sprinter owners have bought the Ultraguage, I bought one for my car but I couldn't seem to get all the same readings as my Dashhawk when I tested the Ultraguage on the CRD.

Cvincent 08-12-2013 03:12 AM

thanks for the info on these, i have been busy but will do research on these next week

if i get one i will post with my observations, etc

The time now is 03:28 PM.