Mopar’s new – flex fuel – 4.7L V8 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Mopar’s new – flex fuel – 4.7L V8

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-06-2006, 07:40 PM   #16
jeep_on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidjeep
Therefore the credits are indirectly responsible for more gas-guzzling vehicles being built.
Thats pretty good info there. But I hardly call my Jeep a gas-guzzling SUV with its gettig a hell of alot better mileage than my Toyota Tundra. I figured it out today when I filled it up. The Yoda was getting about 14.2MPG on average. Pretty sad when my WJ gets about 18MPG average.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2006, 07:48 PM   #17
Intrepidjeep

LOL, yes, well, the term was meant very generally

My two actually do well -- I haven't taken the GC on a trip yet but it's doing well around town.

The Durango averaged 21.7mpg cruising low 70's on the latest trip -- was quite a surprise. Wanted to duplicate it on the next trip we take but I imagine we'll take the GC since it has fewer miles on the odometer.

I don't expect to see better mpg on the GC than the Durango since the Jeep has the more aggressive rear axle ratio (I think it's 3.73, versus just 3.55 on the Durango). But I sure appreciate the more aggressive ratio anyway!

The fuel economy advocates would have us all in 4-cylinder compact SUV's, no doubt.
2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L
Intrepidjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #18
jeep_on

You Durango was pulling all most 22MPG with the 4.7L? Wow, pretty good for such a heavy SUV. Thats about what my WJ dose on the freeway. I'm sure my work truck would get around 20MPG on the freeway if I stayed off the skinny peddle . Its gonna get traded for a Dodge with a Cummins here shortly any way. Hope to see some good milage out of that as I do my other Dodge truck.

Any way... I see E85 becoming more and more popular. As we move away from imported oil. I'm really all for diesels my self, but I know Americans will never give up their quite smooth shifting gassers. I think it’s the FORD Powerstokes that give diesels their bad names about noise. Their noisily bastards.

Quote:
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
Unread 11-07-2006, 01:14 PM   #19
Dabitz

Not in NJ. Regular gas 1.95/gallon, Diesel 2.65
Dabitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2006, 03:13 PM   #20
Intrepidjeep

Yes, I was amazed to have gotten that mileage, though Florida roads are mostly flat as a pancake and I was just doing about 74mph or so the whole time.
Unread 11-07-2006, 05:28 PM   #21
jeep_on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidjeep
Yes, I was amazed to have gotten that mileage, though Florida roads are mostly flat as a pancake and I was just doing about 74mph or so the whole time.
LOL thats bad. The only hills FLA has are the causeways over the rivers.

Quote:

Last edited by jeep_on; 11-07-2006 at 06:18 PM..
Unread 11-07-2006, 06:11 PM   #22
Intrepidjeep

Oh yeah they're a white-knuckle experience every time...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.