The Monstar WK build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > The Monstar WK build

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 02-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
XtremeXBC
2005 WK 

The Monstar WK build

So it all began a while back, I decided it was time to buy a 4x4. Me and my bro did a lot of research on different 4x4s. I wanted to build a rig that had a bigger engine and something that you don't see to often. This rig I wanted to build was going to compete against a FJ cruiser and a Rubicon. I didn't want the same vehicle. After hours and months of research I decided to build a wk. About a 2 months ago, I bought a 2005 5.7 wk, and the project begins. I have currently ordered a 8 inch sl/JBA lift. Along with the lift I am going with mayhem rims and fierce attitude MT 35 inch on 17. I ordered front skid and belly skid, rock rail and bola roof rack from 4x guard. Next I ordered volant cold air. Then I started researching the exhaust and tuner. I did a lot of reading and kolaks name kept popping up. I emailed him and started asking questions, he was very helpful. So I ordered a Gibson exhaust and a Diablo sport tuner from kolak. From this point I am trying to figure out the front bumper and rear bumper, and lights. This is just the beginning and I'm sure there will be more. Most of what I ordered will be here in about 2 weeks from now so I'll post some pics as she gets put together.

forumrunner_20130225_084034.jpg

XtremeXBC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
JordanD07
2007 WK 

Holy expensive build. Good luck!
'07 3.7 4x4 QT1 ll Red WK Club #27 ll OME ll Monroe LL ll Rusty's ll ProComp ll BFG ll 4xGuard ll S4XC ll VLEDS ll Infinity ll Thrush ll Riddler ll 6K HID
JordanD07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
jjt250
2007 WK 

Wow this is going to be a crazy built! If you're doing 35s and spending that much money, you may want to look into some RCVs.
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
XtremeXBC
2005 WK 

What are RCVs
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
jjt250
2007 WK 

http://www.rcvperformance.com/produc...?sku=CVJIFS-WK

They allow for more travel, are extremely strong, and have a no questions asked lifetime warranty. Look up Valpacer, he has them and certainly abuses*them. Quite pricey but if you can afford it, I think it would be a great investment for the type of jeep your building.
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #6
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Baseline 4x4 vendor display thread:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/r...g-1299638-new/

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

This build sounds like it's going to be epic! Make sure to post lots of pictures! Good luck!
Unread 02-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #8
BurmaJack
2008 WK 

Them are the makings of one seriously SICK Jeep bro

Blue WK Club Member #2
BurmaJack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #9
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Sounds like a good start! This will be fun to watch

So what made you decide to go with an 8" over a 6"? You will have the same travel out of both, fit the same tire size, but have a higher center of gravity. Also with the 8" you will only have 2" of down travel from ride height in the front suspension, no way around that without getting custom control arms and spindle then figuring out what to do with the steering rack.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #10
devils
2009 WK 

wow, lots of stuff coming in the mail...pics , pics and then more pics. i cant wait to see this build..good luck
devils is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #11
skrach77
2005 WK 

Hit me up for lights! LED all the way
skrach77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #12
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Wow... Monstar, is def appropriate build name, lol. Good luck!
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #13
XtremeXBC
2005 WK 

Well I decided the 8 over the 6 because of a few reasons. First of all the 6 uses spacers in the rear end and does not change out the rear struts, unless you do it your self. It seemed to me that was a poor start to the build. As far as the tire size, if I decide that 35 is not big enough, I can throw on 37. When I first started doing my research, I showed the 2 lift kits (6,8) to my mechanic. We both did more research and agreed that the 8 was the way to go. I also wanted more clearance. The mechanic had built in there past my bros 98 grand and his 07 FJ cruiser and most recently his 2013 FJ. I think I found more reasons but I can't remember them all at the moment
Unread 02-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #14
jjt250
2007 WK 

I would not go 37s until regearing becomes an option on WKs...35s are probably pushing it already! This is going to be an awesome build though!
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #15
toymachine456
2006 WK 

For bumpers check out www.s4xc.com they are coming out with new bumpers for WK's hopefully in the next month or two.
toymachine456 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.