Monroe Load Levelers - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Monroe Load Levelers

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperCyber Sale on RUBICON EXPRESS - Short Arms, Long Arms, Tra

Unread 06-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #16
elfirebird
2005 WK 

Mine creak a little, but thats the standard rubbing of the coil against the shock body that you get with the F150 MLLs.

Unread 06-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #17
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

At first i thought it was the plastic peice hitting it over bumps which is was close so i cut part of it off. Went on a test drive figuring that was the fix but it still made the sound. Wasn't making contact anywhere between the Jeep and shock so i ordered another set of shocks ( Only other thing i figured could be wrong was a bad shock ) and will install them today.
BLACK WK CLUB #87

LOOKING TO BUY: 4XGUARD SKIDS, SUPERCHIP 3870/3872, CATCH CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmojo
Jeep's prefer the company of other Jeep's over that of other vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imann View Post
I love the Hemi....insane power....sports car like acceleration.....passes everything but the gas station.....
Jeepforthewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 06:48 AM   #18
Budasac
2005 WK 

Before installing the new shocks, dis-assemble them and glue the rubber sleeves in place. Most of the time when people complain about noise with these it's caused by the spring making contact with the shock body upon compression due to the sleeve moving out of place.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #19
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

I did that before i installed them haha. The sound is only coming from the shock on the driver side the passanger side shock is perfectly normal so my only other thought was a bad shock. Once i get the new set installed ill let you guys know what it was.
BLACK WK CLUB #87

Quote:
Quote:
I love the Hemi....insane power....sports car like acceleration.....passes everything but the gas station.....
Unread 06-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #20
jevonsaj
2007 WK 

Did you lube up all the bushings when you installed them? Mine were making noise at first, I also cut the plastic but it didn't help. Then I just sprayed the bushings with white lithium grease and all noise went away. I'm running the Jeep MLL's on my Hemi with 2" RC lift.
jevonsaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #21
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

That is something i did not do. Bushings as in the eyes? Sorry if its a dumb question im still learning alot. I will give that a try once i get off work.
BLACK WK CLUB #87

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 06-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #22
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Swapped out the shock making the noise and the sound is gone now. Bad shock haha. Love the feel of these shocks!
BLACK WK CLUB #87

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 03-06-2014, 10:13 AM   #23
ISUzj
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
Swapped out the shock making the noise and the sound is gone now. Bad shock haha. Love the feel of these shocks!
Its been almost a year, still running the MLL? and still like them?
~~[_---_____---_\-\\\\\\-\
~~~(o) )-o---(o) )-o---) )
94ZJ 5.2 Red; Rusty's 3" Coils,Skyjacker hydro's, Brush Guard, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Roof Rack, KVG Quick Discos, 31-10.50-15's DAYTON TIMBERLINE A/T OBA 2 Gallon tank
Can't buy it? BUILD IT!! Do it cheap too cuz your in college

My Build Thread Align your jeep yourself B N B#175
ISUzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #24
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Still running them and hate them personally, they are coming off Saturday when I install my mod SL. The rake that I had gained back from them didn't take long to disappear and the ride with them got extremely rough. Also the noise issue I was having with them came back about 2 weeks later. Never had an issue with any shock making noise on the Jeep before these, the noise has gotten quiter in the past couple months but i still notice it, passengers not so much anymore.
BLACK WK CLUB #87

Quote:
Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.