Monroe Load Levelers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Monroe Load Levelers

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 05-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
BoraBora

2006 WK 

Monroe Load Levelers

After searching Jeep Forum and Jeep Garage I'm still flustered. I will be installing my Rough Country lift within the next month, but I'm not sure whether to install the 58643 or the 58646 shocks. I have a 3.7, and will not be towing anything. The longer 58643 MLL's seem to add too much rake, and the 58646 seem to be the perfect length for me since they bring it back up to the OEM rake. Any input? I will be keeping the stock front struts if that matters. Everyone on this forum seems to be running the longer F-150 model MLL's, but alot of you also seem to have V8's, OME lifts, or tow things.

BoraBora is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
Gipper22
2006 WK 

I have the RC lift with a 3.7 w/o longer LL but have them and plan on putting them on soon. I think the back looks a little lower than the front.

Gipper22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
BoraBora

2006 WK 

Just wondering what made you decide that you're going to buy the longer MLL instead of the WK length MLL?
Unread 05-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
Gipper22
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoraBora View Post
Just wondering what made you decide that you're going to buy the longer MLL instead of the WK length MLL?
The back sits a little lower and I think the extra 1.5-2" will level it out. I'm hoping to put them on Wed, so I'll take some more pics for you.
Gipper22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #5
BoraBora

2006 WK 

vs. the extra .75" from the WK length MLL? Really interested in seeing this, hopefully it'll help me decide. Thank you
Unread 05-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #6
kVon

Mine sat higher in the rear with the longer MLL's. I didn't care for that much rake. I added Bilsteing HD in the front and it leveled it out more. I like the look better now.
Red WK Club Member #30
kVon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #7
jeep98b
2005 WK 

I installed the 58643's about a month ago and in my opinion I think it sits perfect. I wanted a little rake and it gives you the rake. Figure the 3's give you about an 1 1/2" of lift and the 6's give you 3/4" of lift in the rear. When you do buy if you havent alreadt go through amazon and get the "used" ones which you can get for around $50 or so and all it is is and open box situation. They are new just have been returned or the box got damaged or something.
Unread 05-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #8
Budasac
2005 WK 

There's a thread around here somewhere that was started way back when we began using the Load Levelers with alot if measurements. Basically on a 2" lifted WK the stock MLLs will yield roughly .75" while the F-150 MLLs will give you close to 1.5".

If You're not sure which ones to get, measure the distance from the center of the wheel hub to the fender, then put a jack under your hitch and raise the back .75", then raise it another. 75" and see which you think looks better.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #9
JRLT
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipper22 View Post
I think the back looks a little lower than the front.
Did you notice the back wheel wells are not the same height from the bottom of the body as the front? Looks level to me unless you want a nose dive. Then you'll have to re-aim your headlights.
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #10
CCUMP

I've got the RC with longer MLL and honestly would like the rear to be even higher... If u go through pictures, the level look doesn't match the WK body lines or wheel wells. I think they should develop these lifts to keep a stock stance rather than level it out.
CCUMP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #11
CCUMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipper22
I have the RC lift with a 3.7 w/o longer LL but have them and plan on putting them on soon. I think the back looks a little lower than the front.
Go with the f-150 MLL and let them settle for a couple weeks. U won't be disappointed. If u still aren't feeling the rake all u hav to do is add a .25 spacer to the front if u want the level/saggy rear look, but I hav a feeling u will like it.
Unread 06-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #12
CCUMP

image-1337902390.jpg

This is my 3.7L with the MLL, RC, and Blisten HDs
Unread 06-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #13
StormTrooper07

image-2639431168.jpg

My RC lift w/ longer mll's. sits just right IMO.

image-3133581221.jpg

Last edited by StormTrooper07; 06-23-2013 at 01:31 PM..
StormTrooper07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #14
4thgradedropout

I have a pair for sale if you or anyone is interested.
4thgradedropout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #15
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Anyone ever have a problem with their shocks making a noise going over any bump of any kind? Sounds like shock is being fully compressed and hitting the stop.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.