JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   mokena il trail (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/mokena-il-trail-1516444/)

overland-wk 04-29-2013 07:23 PM

mokena il trail
 
this sunday i went to a trail that my brother found in mokena il and let me tell u it was a lot of fun and BIG its like roughly a 1000 acres big hills mud pits and river crossings. So if any one is in the chicago land area and want to check this trail out let me know and we can get together thie week or next week. I also have vids of it on youtube bumsmodified98xj.

LJS8510 04-30-2013 05:33 AM

Where in Mokena? I did not know there was anything there?

Jeffro06 04-30-2013 05:44 AM

Found a trail in Mokena? Since IL has like zero public land with wheeling trails I'd suggest you find out who it belongs to......just saying.

overland-wk 04-30-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJS8510 (Post 15367444)
Where in Mokena? I did not know there was anything there?

Next to i80 and right off of rt 45.

overland-wk 04-30-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffro06 (Post 15367469)
Found a trail in Mokena? Since IL has like zero public land with wheeling trails I'd suggest you find out who it belongs to......just saying.

Yeah your right but i think if it was a problem with anyone the people that i saw there would of said somthing. I came across 1 dirt bike 2 atv's 1wj and 1 tj they just waved and drove on by.

LJS8510 04-30-2013 07:44 AM

Ha, that almost my parents backyard. They live about about a mile west of there.
Is that by the Garden Nursery?
I think owners & cops look at dirt bikes differently than jeeps.

overland-wk 04-30-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJS8510 (Post 15367858)
Ha, that almost my parents backyard. They live about about a mile west of there.
Is that by the Garden Nursery?
I think owners & cops look at dirt bikes differently than jeeps.

i didnt see no garden nursery anywhere . I also didnt see any houses near by but the ones that are beening built .

LJS8510 05-01-2013 08:27 AM

The area I thought you were talking about is south west of 80 & LaGrande rd intersection? Maybe you we were on east side?

overland-wk 05-01-2013 11:02 AM

Its where all the new subdivisions are beeing built. If you go south on 45 and over i80 its on the left side. Behind the ozinga plant.

JeepN4KC 05-01-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffro06 (Post 15367469)
Found a trail in Mokena? Since IL has like zero public land with wheeling trails I'd suggest you find out who it belongs to......just saying.

^^^ This.

Quote:

Originally Posted by overland-wk (Post 15367771)

Yeah your right but i think if it was a problem with anyone the people that i saw there would of said somthing. I came across 1 dirt bike 2 atv's 1wj and 1 tj they just waved and drove on by.

Just be careful wheelin on private land w/o permission is what I think jeffro was getting at.

Gunshots or tickets come to mind. :O

LJS8510 05-01-2013 01:38 PM

Ok thats south of 80 east of LaGrange

bhawks28 05-01-2013 02:10 PM

wow there is quite a bit of land there...yknow, for Illinois
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=ozing...hq=ozinga&z=16

SkyHigh 05-01-2013 02:19 PM

Bad Idea. No the people would not necessarily have said a thing to you. Chances are they came across this "trail" the same way you did, and assumed it was OK.

Stick to places you have permission to be in. Take a drive to the cliffs or the Badlands.

overland-wk 05-01-2013 02:46 PM

I understand what u guys mean but until someone tell me get off of property then ill stop going. I would love to go to badland and the cliffs but me working 6 days a week is just impossible.

overland-wk 05-04-2013 05:23 AM

Anyone wanna join us? We might go out this sunday.


The time now is 04:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.