Modifying my OME HD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Modifying my OME HD

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andPerformance tuning programmers @ oconee off road 706 534 9Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-31-2014, 04:38 PM   #1
kiloniner
2006 WK 

Modifying my OME HD

Hey guys. Need some advice.

Current setup:

Lift: OME HD
Front: 21" Hub to fender
Rear: 21.75 Hub to fender
Tires: 255/75/17 BFG MT
Wheel spacers: 1.5"
Front struts: Stock
Rear shocks: ProComp ES9000
Everything else is stock, including my isolators.

I'd like to fit some 285/70/17 tires on my WK and get a little more lift in general.

If I'm sitting at 21" on the front, am I good to add a 2" spacer in the front and rear? I know I need to be below 23" for the front, but it would put my rear at 23.75". Will that cause me any problems with my current setup?

I also plan to add a winch and front skid up front sometime soon and I'm a little worried that will drop me another half inch up front. So I'm not sure what direction to head in right now. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

kiloniner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2014, 09:16 AM   #2
kiloniner
2006 WK 

Still wondering if anyone had any input on my lift height.

Does 21" hub to fender sound a little low for the OME HD coils? I do have the 5.7L Hemi and factory skid plates, so I don't know how much that affects it, but it seems like most people get more lift out of it than that. I didn't take measurements before I installed them, but I wish I did.

Should I be looking at stacking a 2" spacer in the front and rear to bring me to 23" and 23.75" respectively? And after adding a winch and front skid (most likely the 4xguard), it would drop me back down a little more, so should I add a 2.5" spacer?

Also considering the 5100 Bilsteins in the front instead of spacers and possibly the MLL in the rear plus a small spacer.

Ideally, I'd like to take care of everything at one time and not have to tear everything back apart just to add a .50" spacer or whatever because the winch and front skid drops me back down.
Unread 07-26-2014, 09:16 PM   #3
fafafofi

2006 WK 

My specs for my 06 hemi
Bilstein 5100s all around. Front on .75" setting
Front OME MD coils and Rustys spacer - 22.5"
Rear OME HD coils - 21.5"
Wheels and tires are JK moabs on 285/70/17 wrangler duratracs
No armor
fafafofi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #4
MrBlack
2007 WK 

I was at 21.5" after putting on my OME HD. Then I put new coil isolators and a Rocky-Road 3/8" front spacer and Rustys 2" rear spacer(left out coil isolator where spacer went). I am now at 22.75" all around. So It seems the coil isolators make a difference too. Maybe those that replace them at the time of the OME install gain more lift.
'07 WK Overland Hemi - Modified OME HD - 285/70R17 Duratracs - Spidertraxx - JKS #2001 - Gibson cat back - Volant CAI - Superchips - BT catch can - 4x Guard front skid
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #5
scootter82
2009 WK 

I replaced my isolates when I installed the OME HD lift. Just measured and I'm around 22" all around. Hard to get an accurate reading since the center hub is sunk in so much compared to the edge of the tire, and the tire sticks out further than the fender
Unread 08-03-2014, 02:52 PM   #6
kiloniner
2006 WK 

Well I've given it some thought and....

I think I'm going to go with the Bilstein adjustable 5100s for the front. That should allow me to get all the way up to the 23" limit if needed. I also plan to replace the front isolators while I'm there and adjust the Bilsteins to keep my under 23".

I'm still unsure about the rear though. I was thinking of MLL shocks for the additional inch or so of lift, but would the rustys 2" spacer without isolators be better? That's supposed to give a net 1.5 inch lift, but would put me at 23.25" at the rear. Is that going to be a problem?

Thanks

EDIT: Apparently the 5100s are on backorder until November so I guess I have plenty of time to decide on what to do with the rears. Haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.