modified superlift, and 35's vs 37's? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-09-2016, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
derpboss

modified superlift, and 35's vs 37's?

Ok, so i'm riding on an OME lift right now, planning on getting a second job so i can build what i want. i'm just curious if anyone in the boston/southern area happens to have a modified superlift? i'd love to see one in person. i'm planning on the new control arms, and track bar to go with it. and then it's a matter of tires.

i know at least one guy managed to fit 35's on a modded OME lift. which means i could get my tires now, as opposed to having to wait. although my 255/75's still have plenty of tread, so it's not like i really need new tires this minute. for 37's i'll have to wait until i'm sitting on 6+ inches of lift obviously.

my real question is which would you rather have though? an extra inch of clearance, but less travel? or a little less clearance and a bit more travel? the one set of pictures i found of a pair of 37's flexing looked absolutely stuffed (omelets set in his thread), does anyone have any other pictures of 35's or 37's flexing? and anyone with them mind saying which you prefer/why you went with one or the other?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-09-2016, 04:21 AM
caulk04
2008 WK 

Imo, 35's are the absolute largest tire that should go on a wk. Even at that size the proportions just aren't quite right.

My preference is a mod ome or sl with a good 33. Hard to beat that look in my book.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-09-2016, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
derpboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
Imo, 35's are the absolute largest tire that should go on a wk. Even at that size the proportions just aren't quite right.

My preference is a mod ome or sl with a good 33. Hard to beat that look in my book.
the only legal trail in the state that is on state property just opened about a month ago, and you NEED 35's and a winch to run it, otherwise they won't even let you in.

the trail is only officially open for 3 years, after which they're evaluating whether to repurpose the land, or add more trails through some of our other state parks. so i want to hit it 2-3 times at least, and hopefully they'll go with the second option.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-15-2016, 02:12 PM
luckyse7ens
2010 XK Commander 

35's without the superlift is really asking for trouble honestly. Omelet ran his that way IIRC and blew cv's and his steering rack atleast.

Omelet on 37" trepadors:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/o...l#post32061794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
I swapped out tires a few weeks ago and went on a quick drive up Otay Mtn to test flex the 37s. Unfortunately I got up there and everything but the main road was blocked off So the only thing I found was a large rock on the side of the road. I was able to flex it enough to see that even though the rear bumpstops were engaging, they needed to be slightly longer. That way if the tire had a lot of weight on it the tire wouldn't smash into the fender causing unneeded resistance and possibly damage something.

And then just some scenic shots on the way back down. It was really hot that day so I didn't really want to be out there any longer than necessary.

Some glamour shots! Enjoy!!!

(yes I know the headlamps need some TLC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
The Bison slipped on her new 37s the other day! These make the Jeep look huge!!!

Then I wanted to flex it out to see how they fit and what massaging and/or bumpstop work I needed to do before hitting the trail. All I had to use were my street tires It didn't completely max either end, but I was at least able to see what I needed to do.

The rear was quite tight. No surprise there!

Have fun reading through omelets crazy long build thread.

Black WK Club #152
post #5 of 5 Old 07-15-2016, 09:32 PM
JakeWK
Got Lock?

2005 WK 

Personally, i really think a 4-5" lift with 33s will be the best performing setup, all around. If you know how to navigate a trail, or have a spotter, you won't need that extra inch of clearance.

Also, i would not run 35s on an OME lift. It would really stress out a lot of other components. Just save up dude, and enjoy your current tires.

I am planning a modified SL after this next deployment (4" SL, Fox rear shocks, wanting about 5" clearance). I plan to run larger 33s with this setup. I personally have grown to value travel over an inch of clearance.

05 WK HEMI

JakeWK Build Thread
USN Jeep Club
CentralCaL 4X4
Colorado 4X4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.