Modified OME HD or MD coils? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Modified OME HD or MD coils?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-07-2014, 05:09 PM   #76
hulikner
2008 WK 

Kolak told me 5100 + HD was a no go with my diesel. So I'd double check before doing it.

hulikner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2014, 05:17 PM   #77
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulikner View Post
Kolak told me 5100 + HD was a no go with my diesel. So I'd double check before doing it.
He and I had the same conversation, and I ended up getting the 5100's based on advice from here, the WK Facebook group, and one of the most knowledgeable members on here, Omelet. I think the biggest thing it comes down to, if you have plans for any additional weight up front, then the HD's will be fine. You figure you add ~100 lbs for a winch box/winch up front, especially being cantilevered over the front axle, you will get a decent amount of sag. The way I look at it, being slightly over 23" for a few months while I get my winch all figured out, it's not going to hurt too much. Plus, will make me get on getting that hidden winch done sooner!

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
ChiliPepperXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #78
xeasternskies
2007 WK 

You done yet chili? Trying to see some pic's before I order everything.
07 WK 4.7L V8 Limited l Flowmaster 44 l Spidertrax 1.5" l JK Moab's l Black WK #137.
xeasternskies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2014, 10:08 AM   #79
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeasternskies View Post
You done yet chili? Trying to see some pic's before I order everything.
The original plan was to install the last weekend, but remembered Mother's Day and figured I should probably wait

I also decided to order RRO upper control arms, as my Jeep does have 120,000 miles. UPS tracking says they are out for delivery today!!!! The original plan was to use the stock UCA's until they wear out, but I have a feeling that will be sooner than later so just bit the bullet and bought them.

I'm planning on starting Wednesday night after work and working on it through the evenings this week. I'll keep you guys posted.

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Unread 05-12-2014, 10:43 PM   #80
zeprider25
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepperXJ View Post

The original plan was to install the last weekend, but remembered Mother's Day and figured I should probably wait

I also decided to order RRO upper control arms, as my Jeep does have 120,000 miles. UPS tracking says they are out for delivery today!!!! The original plan was to use the stock UCA's until they wear out, but I have a feeling that will be sooner than later so just bit the bullet and bought them.

I'm planning on starting Wednesday night after work and working on it through the evenings this week. I'll keep you guys posted.
The rear is easy. We finished it in about 1-2 hours max. Haven't started on the front though
zeprider25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2014, 08:27 AM   #81
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeprider25 View Post
The rear is easy. We finished it in about 1-2 hours max. Haven't started on the front though
Sweet man, did you put the rear spacer above or below the coils? Any bumpstops?

On another note, I received my RRO UCA's yesterday! The work shall begin tomorrow afternoon. My goal tomorrow night is get the front struts out, because I found a shop that will take the top plate off my struts, and assemble my new ones for $10 dollars a strut. Figured that is well worth my time!

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Unread 05-15-2014, 10:03 AM   #82
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

Update:

Last night got the front end torn apart. Ran into no problems except the drivers side strut fork bolt was a PITA. Took about thirty minutes to get that one bolt out (nothing a BFH and breaker bar didn't fix), but overall, went pretty good. Got the struts out, and dropped off at the spring shop this morning, will be ready by 5 pm. Tonight my goal is to get the front end put back together, which I don't think should be too difficult.

I did get the stock UCA's out last night. As mentioned before, I ordered the RRO's. Does anybody know what the torque specs are for the bolts on the ball joint to the UCA? I didn't see that anyplace in the directions from RRO

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Unread 05-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #83
jeepin_in_a_wk
2007 WK 

heres all the front end specs

SPECIFICATIONS
TORQUE CHART
TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS
DESCRIPTION Nm Ft. Lbs. In. Lbs.
Shock Absorber Upper Nuts 95 70 —
Shock Absorber Clevis Bracket 81 60 —
Clevis Bracket to Lower Control Arm 169 125 —
Upper Control Arm Bolt/Nut to Body 122 90 —
Lower Control Arm Bolt 142 105 —
Lower Control Arm Bolt/Nut
Front Pivot
169 125 —
Upper Ball Joint Nut 75 55 —
Lower Ball Joint Nut 95 70 —
Stabilizer Bar Retainer Bolts 142 105 —
Stabilizer Bar Link Upper Nut 135 100 —
Stabilizer Bar Link Lower Bolt 115 85 —
Hub Bearing Knuckle Bolts 136 100

(sorry its a little confusing, the first number is N.M the second is FT LBS
jeepin_in_a_wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #84
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

Thanks for that man. Do you happen to know the ball joint on the control arm for the RRO specs?

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Unread 05-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #85
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

Next update:

Got the drivers front finished last night and passenger front about half way done. Expect to finish the front completely tonight and begin the back. Goal it to be finished tomorrow afternoon.

Question: When installing the RRO UCA's, the directions mentioned using the supplied washer a spacer for the bushing. Did you guys use this and if so, what is it's function?

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Unread 05-16-2014, 09:02 AM   #86
Just_Josh
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepperXJ View Post
Thanks for that man. Do you happen to know the ball joint on the control arm for the RRO specs?
should be the same as your stock arms. I don't have the manual handy but its around 75 ft lb.
Just_Josh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2014, 09:39 PM   #87
zeprider25
2005 WK 

Well I popped my cv axle shaft out of the differential on the driver's side. Was able to put it back in but now it looks like the joint that connects it to the hub popped out or broke.

I was excited that I was all done. Put it in drive and hear clicking noise and drivers side shaft just spinning. Turn it off try turning the wheel and it spins freely like a front bicycle tire no resistance. Passanger side perfectly fine.

Did you take measurements? My rear is at 23.3 haven't measured my front since it's been sitting on stands for the last three days
zeprider25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #88
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

It's finished! Here is what I ended up with. The longer took longer than expected, but overall wasn't a bad job. The ride is great so far, and it's obviously going to be settling in over the next few weeks.

Got it lifted finally. After 11 months of ownership, here it is.
Specs are as follows:
OME HD Front/Rear
RRO Upper Control Arms
28" Blistein 5125 Rear, 5100 Adjustable (Set at 0.75")
2" Rusty's Poly Spacer for Rear
Rustys Adj. Trackbar
JKS 2001 Rear Disconnects
Spidertrax 1.5" Wheel Spacers
Pinch weld and rear fender mod
2014 Rubicon Takeoffs
285/70/17 Duratracs

Before:
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

After:

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Unread 05-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #89
pancake
2005 WK 

Looks great!!
Unread 05-19-2014, 12:32 PM   #90
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
Looks great!!
Thanks man! Feels so good to be done and driving a lifted Jeep again!

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.