Modification to Grille & Insert - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Modification to Grille & Insert

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 10-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
1EvilHemi
2007 WK 

Modification to Grille & Insert

Hey all. I decided to modify my grille and insert. Previously my grille was Chrome and the insert was black however I wanted to be different and swapped the colors. We painted my insert silver and the grille black. I used plasti dip on the grille so at least I can remove it if need be. The insert however was painted. I need opinions because I honestly do not like it. There is something off about it.. Maybe the silver insert is too silver? Maybe the black doesn't belong? Maybe I should try tinting my headlights so it blends better with the black? I am having someone paint the Mopar racing stripe down my entire jeep..it will be painted silver so I figured painting the insert silver would match. I don't know.. I need some opinions/advice.

Thanks a lot!

Ashley

image-2765780290.jpg

07 Red Rock Crystal Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QDII. Gibson 3" Cat Back exhaust, modified K&N FIPK cold air intake wet sanded, primed & painted PEM Red Rock Crystal with custom "EVIL HEMI" K&N decal design. Custom Mopar Engine Cover Insert with additional air slots. Removed OEM sticker pin striping. Hawk Performance LTS Brake pads, Stillen cross drilled rotors, OEM calipers custom Duplicolor mix-painted dark red. LED lighted red cup holder rings. 2" Daystar lift kit & Bilstein shocks purchased (awaiting installation).
1EvilHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Plasti dip your emblems black and tint your headlights/fogs. If you do that I think you will be set! I like the idea of swapping the colors!
Unread 10-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
jjt250
2007 WK 

Personally, I like the grill. I think if you did something to the headlights like Anon155 (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/a...03/index2.html) did to his but in black, it would really go together.
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:10 AM   #4
james_2k
2009 WK 

yeah you need more black bits to compliment the grille

by the looks of things, that cat doesnt like it either!
james_2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
1EvilHemi
2007 WK 

Haha yepp my cat defiantly photobombed that one! I appreciate all the responses.. I'm going to get black headlights and see how it looks then. The boyfriend says not to tint the headlights because of the HID's..I'll take his word for It and just buy new ones. Will post a pic after I get those in.. Hopefully it will do the trick.

Thanks again!

Ashley
07 Red Rock Crystal Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QDII. Gibson 3" Cat Back exhaust, modified K&N FIPK cold air intake wet sanded, primed & painted PEM Red Rock Crystal with custom "EVIL HEMI" K&N decal design. Custom Mopar Engine Cover Insert with additional air slots. Removed OEM sticker pin striping. Hawk Performance LTS Brake pads, Stillen cross drilled rotors, OEM calipers custom Duplicolor mix-painted dark red. LED lighted red cup holder rings. 2" Daystar lift kit & Bilstein shocks purchased (awaiting installation).
1EvilHemi is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.