Mod Question - HiJack with stock roof rack - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Mod Question - HiJack with stock roof rack

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
Spiegel
2008 WK 

Mod Question - HiJack with stock roof rack

One more question - thought id make a new thread to space things out.

I have a stock roof rack and a 4xguard matrix push bar. I was wondering if there was any way of mounting a hi lift jack / shovel to a stock jeep roof rack or to the matrix guard behind the stinger (not attached to the stinger itself)

Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 07:19 AM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Do you have SA or RRO sliders? Or steel bumpers?
Unread 01-13-2014, 10:51 AM   #3
Spiegel
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
Do you have SA or RRO sliders? Or steel bumpers?
I plan on getting 4xguard rock sliders and I have the matrix guard - they claim thats a lift point (?)
Unread 01-14-2014, 05:24 PM   #4
TangoTango
2008 WK 

I would not put a high lift on the front of any vehicle. It's a likely projectile in an accident. 4 wheel parts sells mount brackets that you can attach various places, including the roof rails with some u-bolts form any hardware store.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2014, 12:33 PM   #5
Tcolin2351
2006 WK 

If you don't have a steel bumper...what is a lift point for a hi-lift jack on the WK?
Unread 01-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #6
Spiegel
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcolin2351 View Post
If you don't have a steel bumper...what is a lift point for a hi-lift jack on the WK?
I plan on getting steel rock rails etc. My cousin sold his wrangler and just gave me the hi lift as a gift... yeah so now theres a lift sitting in my room -____-
Unread 01-16-2014, 04:25 AM   #7
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

The 4xg sliders arent a good hilift jack point. Unless marlin changed the design, the ones I have are practically useless and will not allow safe lifting on a flat surface, let alone a trail.
Unread 01-16-2014, 05:06 AM   #8
Tcolin2351
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1er18
The 4xg sliders arent a good hilift jack point. Unless marlin changed the design, the ones I have are practically useless and will not allow safe lifting on a flat surface, let alone a trail.
Yea that's what my concern is. I need to find a safe lift point incase i need to change a tire on a trail.
Unread 01-16-2014, 05:27 AM   #9
pancake
2005 WK 

They make hooks to go on your wheel. I do know that. I'm no professional with high lift jacks in all but I do know they make them. They would work for everything you would need to do on a trail... Except change a tire. Lol. But they are an option.

What about the hitch or some sort of adapter or shackles in all 4 corners?
Unread 01-16-2014, 05:29 AM   #10
Tcolin2351
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake
They make hooks to go on your wheel
Yea but you can't use those to change a tire, right?
Unread 01-16-2014, 06:24 AM   #11
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
They make hooks to go on your wheel. I do know that. I'm no professional with high lift jacks in all but I do know they make them. They would work for everything you would need to do on a trail... Except change a tire. Lol. But they are an option.

What about the hitch or some sort of adapter or shackles in all 4 corners?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcolin2351 View Post

Yea but you can't use those to change a tire, right?
You guys are talking about the HiLift Mate........and yes it will work to change a tire. It requires the use of a jackstand. I carry both when I wheel the WK.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #12
Tcolin2351
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC
You guys are talking about the HiLift Mate........and yes it will work to change a tire. It requires the use of a jackstand. I carry both when I wheel the WK.
That makes sense. Never thought of that. My buddy's TJ has bumpers and rock rails so only used on on his rig.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.