MLL Rear Shcoks or Bilsteim's? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > MLL Rear Shcoks or Bilsteim's?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-13-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
GC10LTD
2010 WK 

MLL Rear Shocks or Bilstein's?

I want to run a 285 but want to start with the RC 2" lift due to budget. I will eventually move up to the OME and then finally the Superlift. But for now I want to do the 2" RC Lift and have read that in order to clear a 285/70/17 I need to put MLL's (F-150 version) in the rear. I have heard that the MLL's are crappy and that they ride worse than stock. So I was wondeirng if I could use Bilstein 5100's instead. Can I clear a 285 with the 5100's? I would be willing to give the MLL's a try if I could get enough positive feedback from people who are running them but I haven't seen much at all. I see great reviews on the 5100's though. SO, what are everyones thoughts on the MLL's vs 5100's?

Unread 04-13-2014, 12:13 PM   #2
BoraBora
2006 WK 

No shocks in the rear provide additional lift EXCEPT for MLL's. I'd say just wait and save up for a Superlift if that's the direction you eventually want to end up at. There's no point in switching lifts 3 different times. It'd cost more and it'd be a hassle to keep tearing it apart. Just my 2 cents at least.
2006 Black WK, Modified OME HD ~3.5'', Bilstein 5100's, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Black JK Moabs, 285/70/R17 Duratracs, 7W Reverse LED's, tow hooks, 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill, Expanded sheet metal grill, ORT badge, Tail light guards, Firestik 3', Aux. input, Black housing headlights, Stingray roof basket, 2 Hella 500ffs on roof rack, 18% tint.
BoraBora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2014, 01:14 PM   #3
GC10LTD
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoraBora
No shocks in the rear provide additional lift EXCEPT for MLL's. I'd say just wait and save up for a Superlift if that's the direction you eventually want to end up at. There's no point in switching lifts 3 different times. It'd cost more and it'd be a hassle to keep tearing it apart. Just my 2 cents at least.
I want to do a 2" right now to fit some bigger tires and it will look better in my opinion. But in order to run the 285's I have to put MLL's in the rear. I was curious as to how they ride compared to bilsteins

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.