Missing Features - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Missing Features

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-03-2006, 02:53 PM   #16
boltsnnuts
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llanero
-Get rid of the Fat ignition key. It is huge and annoying. In the winter, I like to start my vehicle to heat it up and use a separate key fob to lock the vehicle. I can't do that with the Commander. Plus the keys are over $100 to replace. That's highway robbery!
-There is no auxillary jack for an MP3 player in the radio. I have heard rumor that you can play a MP3 player through the auxillary RCA jacks in the VES but I tried and it didn't work. It was dark and cold when I tried it. I may be able to figure it out during the day.
As far as IPOD goes, you can use the audio in on the VES to use your ipod. It works, I have used it although a bit buggy. The ves only functions when your ipod is playing. In other words, if you have your ipod off and you try to toggle to VES on your main nav screen, it will skip the VES tab. Press play on your IPOD and then scroll through the modes again to VES and it should be available and working.

boltsnnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2006, 09:23 PM   #17
cmd peej

Maybe not a $100 a key...

I just received a "sentry" key blank that I bought on eBay for slightly less than $20. Of course, it doesn't have the "Lock, unlock buttons", but when the key is cut tomorrow, it should manually lock an unlock the doors and IF it has the ability to be programed, it will also work in the ignition. According to the manual, you can ONLY program these keys if you have both of the original keys. As to whether you can program another one of these keys with ONE of the original keys plus one of these sentry keys that has been programed is the $64 dollar question or is it the $100 question?
cmd peej is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.