JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   Missing Features (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/missing-features-235107/)

Andretti 02-02-2006 05:28 PM

Missing Features

Read a few complaints about missing features & options on the Commanders.

What would be on your MIA list?

Lucky me, I get to start... :)

- Real center console light
- Height adjustable passenger seat
- Under hood light
- Driver dead pedal

Carlos

wrigleylaredo 02-02-2006 05:30 PM

Live weather doppler radar feed into the nav sys.

SGilbert 02-02-2006 05:56 PM

Lighted steering wheel controls, lighted 12v receptacle (cigarette lighter); lighted unlock button on door; heated windshield option, driver adjustable controls for rear heat/AC.

XKShawn 02-02-2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrigleylaredo
Live weather doppler radar feed into the nav sys.

cappuccino maker for when the nav calls for snow. :rofl:

wrigleylaredo 02-02-2006 10:25 PM

You got it XKShawn! Actually I think it would be beneficial to have such a feature. I love long road trips in my GC and it would be nice to see what's ahead. Though it would be kinda tough to steam my milk for that Latte.

bullaculla 02-02-2006 11:09 PM

Cargo Cover!!!

XKShawn 02-03-2006 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrigleylaredo
You got it XKShawn! Actually I think it would be beneficial to have such a feature. I love long road trips in my GC and it would be nice to see what's ahead. Though it would be kinda tough to steam my milk for that Latte.

Agreed! I often wondered myself why "they" can't transmit weather info when that seems fairly simple, given that it's instantly available over the internet and they already transmit loads of other data via satellite. Not sure who "they" are, though.

I think the XK needs more manly cup holders to hold my Dunkin Donuts XL size coffee.

The little compartments around the dash are nice but I'm used to having something that opens and closes to contain small items so they aren't rolling around in the center console or glove box.

Also, the 2nd row headrests are not adjustable so they are in the way of the top of my daughter's car seat. The result is that the top of the car seat is really pressing into the leather, and I would not be surprised if it damages the headrest over time. Maybe it's removeable, but I haven't figured it out if it is.

Minor annoyances... It's hard to find things wrong that aren't nit-picky when overall the Commander is so nice.

wrigleylaredo 02-03-2006 10:47 AM

Nit pick! For what it cost you should expect high quality. At 43k + I would expect certain things to be found in a car or SUV, maybe not doppler radar, just nice conveniences like larger cup holders as you mentioned and possibly adjustable rear seats like they have in the Lexsus sedans.

SYCOHEMI 02-03-2006 11:02 AM

2 gallon larger gas tank
Dead pedal or some space to rest/brace your left foot
Cargo Cover

Llanero 02-03-2006 11:25 PM

More aggressive stock tires. The stock tires are better fit for a mini-van.
A 25 gallon fuel tank.
Removable 3rd row seats.
Dead pedal.
Less Chrome on the Limited. I would have bought a black Limited but the chrome stands out too much making it too ghetto. I bought a white one instead.
Larger storage compartments.
A Nav system that doesn't pause itself when the vehicle is moving.
A way to turn the interior lights off when the rear hatch is open.

TRCommander 02-04-2006 10:39 AM

-I agree more aggressive stock tires
-3 more inches of lift
-a front bumper that a winch could easily be fitted too.
-more room in the center console (a deeper console)
-a rear cargo mat that comes as standard equipment would be nice.
-more hp than 235 for the V8 4.7L engine (if its going to suck some gas atleast suck some gas for a reason).
-door entry guards as standard equipment

SYCOHEMI 02-04-2006 11:35 PM

I can't believe I didn't mention the tires.

Yes, I was very disappointed with the tire selection. Sure they are nice and quiet, but who cares??? They should at least be mild AT.

SYCOHEMI 02-05-2006 11:29 AM

I thought there was a simple way to turn off interior lights with rear hatch open. I've done work on the interior and don't remember having the lights on.

Then again, I remember now that I had the battery disconnected while I was doing the work - so maybe there isn't a way - that would be disappointing...

Llanero 02-08-2006 09:29 PM

-Get rid of the Fat ignition key. It is huge and annoying. In the winter, I like to start my vehicle to heat it up and use a separate key fob to lock the vehicle. I can't do that with the Commander. Plus the keys are over $100 to replace. That's highway robbery!
-There is no auxillary jack for an MP3 player in the radio. I have heard rumor that you can play a MP3 player through the auxillary RCA jacks in the VES but I tried and it didn't work. It was dark and cold when I tried it. I may be able to figure it out during the day.

Llanero 02-20-2006 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYCOHEMI
I thought there was a simple way to turn off interior lights with rear hatch open. I've done work on the interior and don't remember having the lights on.

Then again, I remember now that I had the battery disconnected while I was doing the work - so maybe there isn't a way - that would be disappointing...

Well, when all else fails.... read the instructions! :rtft: I read the owners manual again, and you can turn the interior lights off when the doors are open by rotating the interior light switch to the off position on the multi-function lever.

Another missing feature: A good place to mount a CB. I'm talking a real CB, not one of those Cobra 75s that look like a morbidly obese microphone.

The time now is 02:51 PM.