Milton's Jeep Build - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Milton's Jeep Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #121
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

It's look'n good dude... very nice!

Unread 02-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #122
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3NT_WH33L3R View Post
I heard they weren't gonna make anymore brackets for the hi-lifts period
I was on their website yesterday looking for it - but yeah, I gathered they'd discontinued it. I shot them an email but I haven't checked mine to see if I got a reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
i think they completely discontinued all of their hi-lift products

i think the only mount left if the yakima ... not sure if they only work with their baskets though...
I'm hoping they maybe have a set laying around they want to get rid of if this is the case. As far as the basket specific mounts ......... I know I'd like to get a rack eventually I just don't know when or what kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
It's look'n good dude... very nice!
Thanks! BTW - came across some videos on Youtube of you and Sal and some others gettin after it on the trails. One showed you trying to take out a tree with your driverside rear light guard.

I had a great day wheelin today with my Uncle and cousin, and my youngest bro came with for the first time - he loved it. I'll update with some pics when I get the chance. But here's a quick aftermath shot:

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #123
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC

I was on their website yesterday looking for it - but yeah, I gathered they'd discontinued it. I shot them an email but I haven't checked mine to see if I got a reply.

I'm hoping they maybe have a set laying around they want to get rid of if this is the case. As far as the basket specific mounts ......... I know I'd like to get a rack eventually I just don't know when or what kind.

Thanks! BTW - came across some videos on Youtube of you and Sal and some others gettin after it on the trails. One showed you trying to take out a tree with your driverside rear light guard.

I had a great day wheelin today with my Uncle and cousin, and my youngest bro came with for the first time - he loved it. I'll update with some pics when I get the chance. But here's a quick aftermath shot:
I think I remember Jackie from saguro saying they sold the last of their brackets. Sorry bud, but im keeping my fingers crossed
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #124
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
]
Yeah - i've been trying to find that video, lol. PM it to me some time, lol. I need to use it for a product review, lmao! Should have seen the gouges I left in the tree when I came off it. That tree has my name all over it, lol.
Unread 02-27-2012, 05:57 AM   #125
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Yeah - i've been trying to find that video, lol. PM it to me some time, lol. I need to use it for a product review, lmao! Should have seen the gouges I left in the tree when I came off it. That tree has my name all over it, lol.
I'll see if I can't track it down, lol. If and when I find it I'll send it your way.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 02-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #126
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
I'll see if I can't track it down, lol. If and when I find it I'll send it your way.
thank you, sir.
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #127
JeepN4KC

All right - got the chance to go out wheelin yesterday as mentioned earlier.
First good day of wheelin for the 2012 year (save the little bit from last Sunday). Been to KS Rocks a handful of times and the place never fails to show us something we haven't seen, done, or tried - great place to go IMO since it's only about 100 miles south of us. As usual we met up and drove down with my uncle and cousin but this time one of my brothers came with.
(my 10y.o. went to one of her friend's Bday sleepovers so I had to invite a another Jeepin buddy).

Real cool trick I stumbled upon a few trips ago - if you take a fire extinguisher wheelin with you (which if you don't you should) a 3 lb ABC extinguisher will hook by the handle into the rear cargo tiedown loop:

Anyway - I also had the secure feeling of having all the new skids on since the last trip - so here's some pics:

My new fav and subsequently my new avatar:

There wasn't much these guys couldn't do:

One of several XJ's out there:

Our traditional lunch break pose:

I'd say that's stuffed:

Right behind us was a pretty good climb with about a 2 foot drop-off ledge at the top. Coming up it's clear that if you can't clear the "lip" you can jog around it to the right. After this picture was shot we moved so an XJ and TJ could desend - the XJ either didn't see the ledge or didn't care cause as he went over we heard a pretty loud "bang."

It was muddier in the bottoms areas than in the past and we got into it pretty good. The uneven "load" on my front right wheel proved to be problematic when we hit the road home - major steering wobble at highway speeds. We had to pull off and clean as much of the mud out of the rim as possible:

When we backed in the driveway my wife was on her way out to meet up with friends for dinner. She was laughing at the WK and saying not to come any closer to her KK that she had just washed and shined up earlier:

Like I said on my last post - had a great day; got to show my bro what it's all about; and no trail damage this time.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #128
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

I washed my ride yesterday...it is ready to get dirty....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #129
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

looks like ya had a blast... thanks for sharing.
Unread 02-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #130
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
I washed my ride yesterday...it is ready to get dirty....
Yes! Your rig is ready for some action.
I just spent several quality minutes rinsing mine off - and I mean several. That was just getting the big stuff off the outside and especially the undercarriage. I'll bet I had a good 50lbs of crap pasted on the underside. I plan to give it a good shine inside and out tomorrow or the next.

Quote:
looks like ya had a blast... thanks for sharing.
Definately! Plus, the weather was perfect for the end of Feb around here:
low to mid 60's with sunny blue skies.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 02-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #131
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Put a sprinkler underneath and let it go for an hour.....simple green works well also
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 02:13 AM   #132
CEOTyler
1997 ZJ 

Love your build!
CEOTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #133
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
Put a sprinkler underneath and let it go for an hour.....simple green works well also
I've heard that works pretty well - I might have to try it next time. In the end, I spent the time getting all the muck out from under it yesterday and today we got some good rains that my wife drove the WK in going downtown and back to work. That pretty much would have done the trick - guess it's extra rinsed now

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEOTyler View Post
Love your build!
Thanks for the compliment! It's definately good times.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #134
JeepN4KC

After knocking all the big stuff off the WK the other day and getting some rainy miles under it yesterday - I took to my mission to make it look new again.

I cleaned this thing inside and out and every which way between.

I love taking this Jeep offroad and getting it filthy and stretching its legs on the terrain. But I also love the dailydriver part of it and taking the time to make it like nothing ever happened.

After a good afternoon of cleaning the WK - not to mention a morning of domesticating myself around the house,
it was time for a cold one:

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 03-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #135
JeepN4KC

Figured I'd share some updates. Nothing going in terms of mods or additions but some stuff I've been up to. This past weekend I finally got around to joining the local KC Jeep Club. I forgot to take the camera to the meeting on Sunday but there are

some members with some impressive rigs - .
Got me a couple club stickers and a t-shirt and I'm pretty excited to meet up with local Jeep enthusiasts with knowledge and resources out the yingyang.
I'm looking forward to building new frienships with a great group of Jeep peeps!

I uploaded some videos of wheelin from a couple times. The first one is from back in Nov '11 and was I think the first trip after my OME install. Might cut the volume down as I had alot of brake squeal but you'll notice without the lift - I probably would have hit something, and it was after watching this video that I knew I really wanted some skids underneath:

The next few are from the trip we took just a couple weeks back. The white TJ is my uncle and I'll tell ya - that thing gets it done. He's locked f/r and IIRC with a selectable up front and lunchbox rear. And he's got a throttle control that turns his manual into an auto so all he has to do is select his throttle position and just brake when needed - makes crawling a breeze.
He makes alot of stuff look easy and makes me think "no problem." lol I can't say enough for his patience and spotting for me (the WK front is really tough to see around or over when you're trying to follow a certain line). I am pretty cautious when it comes to trying stuff because I know I have to be able to drive back home - but he coaches me through stuff pretty well. Great wheelin buddy!

His sarcasm is right in my wheelhouse!

Anybody that wheels knows that pictures and videos just can't capture the inclines and declines or size and complexity of obstacles. We don't get into anything crazy but we push our rigs to what we're comfortable with and learn things along the way. Hope the vids are enjoyable to watch for somebody out there. Until next update/post - Happy Jeepin!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.