Milton's Jeep Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Milton's Jeep Build

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights Clear Cor99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Chrome Headlights

Unread 01-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #61
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
I did the exact same thing for mine in the engine bay. I had to cut the opening a little larger to use a socket wrench to bring those bolts down some.... Jeep looks good bro - I need to pick up a xcase skid soon, myself.
Thanks, AJ. I feel like I've just begun when evreyday I learn of something I either want to get, tinker with, try, or do as far as this rig. If you do get a tcase skid try a local Jeep dealer parts dept first. That's what I did since the Mopar skid is so much cheaper than the S4xC tcase. I haven't held the S4xC skid in hand so I don't know how they compare - but the one I got is pretty stout and should get the job done. Also, I mentioned it in an earlier post on my thread, but the S4xC tcase adapter plate is THE alternative to getting the Mopar fueltank skid. You have to have one or the other for the rear of the tcase skid to bolt to and the Sag is much cheaper than the OEM and it bolts right in - no dropping the fuel cell in order to install like the oem fuel skid. Plus, that oem fuel skid is a lot of steel (heavy) whereas the Saguaro is just 8lbs according to their site. Now, I just need to order it.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #62
JeepN4KC

Gave the WK a much needed spit shine inside and out today. Hadn't been done since before the last wheeling trip from New Year's Eve. Also, a quick report after the post from retorqueing everything. The rig rides solid and smooth. I'm glad I went through and torqued all my suspension because as I said previously - some needed it. I have to say the "Murdered" grill mod is growing on me, but I may end up swapping the chrome back to it. Anyway, this is also a shameless plug to show off the rig all shined up.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 01-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #63
ItsMeKO3
2007 JK Wrangler 

Looks good man. I def like the black grille. But I'm not much of a fan of chrome.
Unread 01-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #64
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeKO3 View Post
Looks good man. I def like the black grille. But I'm not much of a fan of chrome.
Thanks, I appreciate it!
As far as the grill I guess I can say I like both. At least I have the option.

BTW - Haven't seen anything from your build lately. Anything new?

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 01-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #65
mattydipps
2006 WK 

make me jealous man ... i sat on my behind today and did nothing....

i just realized we have an identical dent on our drivers door ...
Unread 01-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #66
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
make me jealous man ... i sat on my behind today and did nothing....

i just realized we have an identical dent on our drivers door ...
Yeah - got this on New Year's Eve:

If you look close you can see the other one I have from a different venture just underneath the left of my liftglass.

This is what it looked like after the last wheelin trip and it hadn't been shined up since before this:

Funny thing is these pics are from NYE evening after we got back - still have dirt spots on our driveway from where it sat overnight.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 01-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #67
ItsMeKO3
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
BTW - Haven't seen anything from your build lately. Anything new?
No I haven't really done anything lately. I've been looking into doing a tune up on it, but it would cost about 600$ from the dealer. So I'm thinking I'm going to try to do some myself. I reeaaaalllllyyy want to do a lift, but just can't afford new tires right now. And I'm thinking I might do the plasti dipped hood like Gunner. Looks sick, just not sure how it'll look on my color Jeep.
Unread 01-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #68
mattydipps
2006 WK 

we almost had two of the same dents lol i pushed that in by accident when i had to push my jeep out of its parking spot when the starter went .. thankfully it popped right back out when i took my hand off .... didnt realize how fragile that area is looks like you had a good trip wheeling tho !!
Unread 01-25-2012, 06:39 AM   #69
JeepN4KC

Quote:
No I haven't really done anything lately. I've been looking into doing a tune up on it, but it would cost about 600$ from the dealer. So I'm thinking I'm going to try to do some myself. I reeaaaalllllyyy want to do a lift, but just can't afford new tires right now. And I'm thinking I might do the plasti dipped hood like Gunner. Looks sick, just not sure how it'll look on my color Jeep.
What is it that the dealer would tune up for 600 bones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
we almost had two of the same dents lol i pushed that in by accident when i had to push my jeep out of its parking spot when the starter went .. thankfully it popped right back out when i took my hand off .... didnt realize how fragile that area is looks like you had a good trip wheeling tho !!
That rear one on mine came from backing up to reposition for a good line on a descent and a tree that was growing crooked that I never saw jumped out into my Jeep.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 01-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #70
ItsMeKO3
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC
What is it that the dealer would tune up for 600 bones?
They actually told me 700 if I need new brake pads, which I might. And said the brakes would be about 100. So the other 600 would be new air filter, spark plugs, dif fluids, t-case oil, pcv valve, and a coolant flush.
Unread 01-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #71
paroxysym
2007 WK 

looking good dude- so hows the authority tires making out? what skids are you running under there again? i think next round of mods im doing OEM tcase and fuel- i have the front OEM skid right now. its one of those things i dont plan on banging around too much, but its nice to have.

nice bedliner idea, and i liked the chrome grille better- went with the rims and the chrome emblems.
Unread 01-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #72
JeepN4KC

Quote:
They actually told me 700 if I need new brake pads, which I might. And said the brakes would be about 100. So the other 600 would be new air filter, spark plugs, dif fluids, t-case oil, pcv valve, and a coolant flush.
Everything you have mentioned in your post that they quoted you is easy to do yourself and for a total of probably half what the dealer will charge. If I were you I'd hit up the parts store and dealer for parts and fluids and go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
looking good dude- so hows the authority tires making out? what skids are you running under there again? i think next round of mods im doing OEM tcase and fuel- i have the front OEM skid right now. its one of those things i dont plan on banging around too much, but its nice to have.
nice bedliner idea, and i liked the chrome grille better- went with the rims and the chrome emblems.
Actually, the GY AT's are working out great! They're a really good mixed use tire for what I do and conditions/terrain I've driven in. Skids I have the oem front (which they ought to call it front diff/oil pan skid) and oem tcase (unmounted at the moment). Gotta save for the 4xG belly skid. As far as fuel skid my plan is to order the S4xC adapter plate. Cheaper, less labor, and lighter than the oem fuel skid. And I agree with the grill comment - that's why I still lean toward throwing the chrome back on.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 01-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #73
IceMan24
2007 WK 

Just joined the Red WK club (#21), thought I'd check out your build thread. Possibly my fav so far. That thing looks sick! I love what you did with the rear step. I've spent too much time trying to keep mine from fading with ArmorAll and Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant. Really thinking about doing what you did. I'm also digging the front grille, much better than chrome, imo. Plus - no more rock chips!
IceMan24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #74
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan24 View Post
Just joined the Red WK club (#21), thought I'd check out your build thread. Possibly my fav so far. That thing looks sick! I love what you did with the rear step. I've spent too much time trying to keep mine from fading with ArmorAll and Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant. Really thinking about doing what you did. I'm also digging the front grille, much better than chrome, imo. Plus - no more rock chips!
I really appreciate that! Thanks! I've had a great time learning and tinkering with this thing. I gotta say, though, there are some awesome WK's on this forum so I'd say the bar is set pretty high. Mine is just beginning its journey as I have some pretty cool plans, IMO, for it. Just a matter of time and more $'s.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 02-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #75
JeepN4KC

I was lookin at the WK this morning thinking about its future and what I would like to do to/with it. Kind of an on-going "wishlist" .
This is all way in advance as far as any mods but I wanted to get some feedback.

If I took a rusty's .25 strut spacer up front and just put the Monroe load levelers (like AJ did - the ones for the F-150) in the back does anybody know:
A. I would sit with a rake, level, sag?
B. Would I need to look into some adjustable/quickdisco's f/r?

I'm just spit ballin here and figure the adjustable rear tracbar would be part of it.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.