Mechanic said I need front cams to prevent wobbles after OME HD lift....what? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Mechanic said I need front cams to prevent wobbles after OME HD lift....what?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 04-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
ColinWK
2005 WK 

Mechanic said I need front cams to prevent wobbles after OME HD lift....what?

I've been looking around town for places to install an OME HD lift kit, and I just found another that now said that I "need front cams to prevent wobbles".

I have no clue what those are and can't find them anywhere on the Internet. Surely he doesn't mean front cameras...

He was the first person who mentioned this; even a mechanic dedicated to off road modifications didn't say anything about front cams.

Does anyone know what he is talking about?

ColinWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
caulk04
2008 WK 

I'm guessing he's thinking of something like cam bolts to align the suspension afterwards. Perhaps he thinks the camber or caster will be incorrect and cause death wobble?

I Think that's crazy since you're not changing any mount positions, just the static height.
Unread 04-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
I'm guessing he's thinking of something like cam bolts to align the suspension afterwards. Perhaps he thinks the camber or caster will be incorrect and cause death wobble?

I Think that's crazy since you're not changing any mount positions, just the static height.
It sounds to me like the mechanic has never done a suspension lift on a IFS vehicle before.
Unread 04-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #4
Budasac
2005 WK 

What AJ said. Your WK already has adjustment cams in the front. (They're on the LCA not the UCA like a SFA vehicle.) Look for another mechanic.

Last edited by Budasac; 04-12-2013 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: punctuation ;)
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
ColinWK
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
What AJ said. Your WK already has adjustment cams in the front. (They're on the LCA not the UCA like a SFA vehicle.) Look for another mechanic.
Yeah, I am going to go with this guy who installs lifts weekly. He's expensive, but I'd rather pay more for a guy who knows what he is doing.
ColinWK is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.