MBRP CRD Exhaust Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > MBRP CRD Exhaust Questions

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 01-08-2010, 07:23 AM   #1
CRD Dawg
2008 WK 

MBRP CRD Exhaust Questions

I purchased the Pro Series MBRP Exhaust about 5 weeks ago from an online retailer. NOT directly from MBRP. Good price-$409 delivered. The system arrived quickly but one of the middle components (the Over Axle Pipe) was damaged. The box was fine. Everything seemed to fit snugly together, though (read on). I returned it and after 30 days of waiting (not MBRP's fault), my second one arrived. The return order got lost over the holidays. Well, I assembled it this morning to make sure everything was OK. This one looked much shinier and fit together much more easily. So I decided to completely assemble it. Every single connection point will not fully clamp together snugly no matter how far I crank the clamps down. The pipes are getting OVAL in shape as I crank down the clamps. The variances/tolerances between the flared ends of the pipes and where they slide into each other are just too big. The clamps appear to be too big as well. The Tail Pipe Tip also won't ever completely clamp on. Is this just normal fitment issues that come with all aftermarket exhaust systems? Did those of you who purchased one of these have this many problems? I don't intend to bash MBRP, but I'm REALLY disappointed and frustrated. Could use a little guidance/advice here...

Last edited by CRD Dawg; 01-08-2010 at 08:02 AM..
CRD Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

I just put some exhaust sealer at the joins and cranked the clamps down.
07 Steel Blue Overland CRD QDII | Bilsteins | 4xguard Matrix | Rear SRT8 SwayBar | DashHawk w/egt | Provent | MBRP XP Exhaust | New Intake Tube & Seal + EHM | Alternator Splash Guard | Crank Sensor | GPS AL InMotion Hack | Swirl motor bypass | Fuelly.com - wookiee | Blue WK Club Member #13 | 100,000 Mile Club | Dogpiled Club | flashpaq 3872 for those no 4-low days |
wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
micky_blue

Mine went on easily. I was surprised but my jeep felt a bit quicker with the MBRP. I figured with a DPF it wouldn't hurt but wouldn't be very noticeable. I was shocked. Its not a huge difference but every bit counts in my eyes.

micky
micky_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
ctate
2007 WK 

Mine was easy. I didnt have any problems. You should hit up MBRP for a new one. Sounds like the one you have has some issues.
07 Silver 3.0 CRD, Clifford matrix 50.5x remort start/turbo timer, 265/70R17 Goodyear DURATRACS, XD Series Spy wheels, OME Lift Kit, Kenwood navigation system with reverse camera, Inmotion tuned, Amsoil air filter, Fitch fuel catalyst, Air Lift suspension air bags with air compressor, P3 brake controller, MBRP Exhaust, Accu Pro Calibrator, Addco front/rear anti sway bar, Husky Liner floor mats, upgraded air intake tube, Quick Oil Drain Valve.
ctate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #5
MBRP
2008 JK Wrangler 

Try moving the clamps right to the ends of the expansions and make sure the bolt is over one of the slots...if this does not work,and you're having issues getting this tight, do not hesitate to call me directly at MBRP inc. at 1-888-636-7223 ext. 202. Hope this helps.

Steve
MBRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 05:19 AM   #6
CRD Dawg
2008 WK 

Steve,

Thank you. Haven't had a chance to work on it much further since. I'll try that next. I really like the workmanship of the pipes overall. It's the clamp on components that are giving me fits this time(clamps and tailpipe). I'll call you this week. Thanks for offering to help.

Chris

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.