This may be real, Commander at end of road in 09 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > This may be real, Commander at end of road in 09

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 04-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
jeepxk

This may be real, Commander at end of road in 09

This may be as close to an official announcement yet.
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php

jeepxk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It was on the morning news, so it sounds real to me. I was thinking of getting the wife one, but not anymore.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #3
z_gilligan
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepxk View Post
This may be as close to an official announcement yet.
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php
I heard this earlier this winter from a DEALER. They also said they will probably cut either the Patriot or the Compass
z_gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
tbm5690
2001 WJ 

I've known this forever...it makes sense. The Commander threatens the sales of the Grand Cherokee, which is one of Chrysler's flagships. My advice to Jeep: Cut the Commander and Compass. Give more power to the Patriot and Liberty.
Unread 04-14-2008, 08:32 PM   #5
KingPrat
2001 WJ 

They've been discussing this since the 07s came out. Maybe because of the supposed parking lots full of Commanders that sit unsold. It has been a burden on Jeep and the whole company since its induction. '06 was the best sales year, but only 90,000 units sold.

Nokian Vatiiva tires: 235/65-17

Previous:1997 ZJ TSi 4.0. Some stuff added

Western New England College '08
Golden Bear Lacrosse #13
Week 11 USILA Rank: #15
2008: 16-5
NCAA Elite 8
TCCC Champions

Please read and share!!
KingPrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2008, 08:41 PM   #6
tbm5690
2001 WJ 

Yep...sorry but the 'Burbans and Expeditions have been out for way too long...Jeep arrived too late in the large SUV market.
Unread 04-14-2008, 09:19 PM   #7
PGCI
2009 JK Wrangler 

Well, I don't get it. The grand cherokee doesn't feel NEAR as nice as a commander, yet costs almost the same. Plus, the Commander is the largest small SUV you can buy. It seats 7 passengers, but turns on a dime into any parking spot because of it's relatively short wheelbase. The suburban and Expedition both have truck wheelbases. Too long for my wife to drive. It's too bad that Chrysler is in such deep doo doo that they have to dump so many vehicles.

2007 Rock Red XK
PGCI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2008, 12:40 AM   #8
Spano1
2008 WK 

Another take on the article... No new news but here it is.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/14/j...emise-in-2009/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.