Max energy Power Programmer - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Max energy Power Programmer

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRIFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Reply
Unread 03-28-2015, 02:03 PM   #1
KillaJeep4569
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: , East Coast
Posts: 496
Max energy Power Programmer

Hey guys whats up, I am about ready to get one of these programmers. As I did some research and googling there are 2 different models. I am wondering which one I need for an 06 WK?

Is it Model-52001

or is it Model-52501

As per the site of Hypertec It recommended 52501

Please let me know what you guys think. Thank you

KillaJeep4569 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2015, 02:48 PM   #2
JRLT
Registered User
2010 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lower Brule, South Dakota
Posts: 1,434
The 52001 is just the older version of the 52501.
__________________
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2015, 03:01 PM   #3
KillaJeep4569
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: , East Coast
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLT View Post
The 52001 is just the older version of the 52501.
r they the same thing? and do the same amount of tuning? should one get the 52001 or go get the 52501?
KillaJeep4569 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2015, 03:17 PM   #4
JRLT
Registered User
2010 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lower Brule, South Dakota
Posts: 1,434
No idea. I got a used 52001 for my 2010 and it works, just had to update it.
__________________
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2015, 11:58 AM   #5
luckyse7ens
Registered User
2010 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: concord, ca
Posts: 1,277
The only functional difference is that the 52001 Needs to be updated with a computer before use with a 3.7L. Otherwise they perform exactly the same tune. I got my old model for dirt cheap on ebay. Keep in mind, with the used units: They save your factory tune and are locked to one vehicle @ a time. You cannot tune multiple vehicles with one of these. To unlock the device (to tune another vehicle) you must return your vehicle to factory tune. So make sure that the seller has done this before purchase.

Apparently the 52501 is a little bit faster? (like 5 mins to tune vs 7 mins or something) Doesn't matter, since most likely you'll tune it once and then let it sit in a box in your garage collecting dust.

For instance this listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hypertech-Ma...90ae72&vxp=mtr

Says:
Quote:
Please note that my significant other and I sold our truck before resetting the programmer. I have the original VIN # if you need it.
I would NOT mess with this personally. customer service says it's about $200 + s&h to unlock.
__________________
Black WK Club #152
luckyse7ens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2015, 12:10 PM   #6
KillaJeep4569
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: , East Coast
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyse7ens View Post
The only functional difference is that the 52001 Needs to be updated with a computer before use with a 3.7L. Otherwise they perform exactly the same tune. I got my old model for dirt cheap on ebay. Keep in mind, with the used units: They save your factory tune and are locked to one vehicle @ a time. You cannot tune multiple vehicles with one of these. To unlock the device (to tune another vehicle) you must return your vehicle to factory tune. So make sure that the seller has done this before purchase.

Apparently the 52501 is a little bit faster? (like 5 mins to tune vs 7 mins or something) Doesn't matter, since most likely you'll tune it once and then let it sit in a box in your garage collecting dust.

For instance this listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hypertech-Ma...90ae72&vxp=mtr

Says: I would NOT mess with this personally. customer service says it's about $200 + s&h to unlock.
Yeah I saw that. the guy doesn't have the truck anymore and hypertech just called them and said u need the truck to program back to factory settings. so whoever buys that is **** out of luck.

so I guess I'm gunna stick with the 52501 I got an offer for 200 shipped.
KillaJeep4569 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2015, 11:10 AM   #7
meatlord
animals taste good
 
meatlord's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: western Iowa
Posts: 1,031
I have the older model for sale for $150 shipped, i used it on my 05 Rubicon with good results. I updated the firmware recently and returned my wrangler to stock. I can easily update for whatever you would need to program. I have original box and paperwork, maybe even my receipt. Contact me by email if you would like any more info.
__________________
05 Rubicon "Big Stupid" / 99 XJ on 31s "Nurple" FOR SALE. / 07 WK Limited CRD GDE Hot Tuned DPF delete. / 00 TJ "One Shot Wonder"/ 03 Nissan SE-R 6 speed V spec. / 00 Suzuki DR650.
meatlord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2015, 06:48 PM   #8
KillaJeep4569
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: , East Coast
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatlord View Post
I have the older model for sale for $150 shipped, i used it on my 05 Rubicon with good results. I updated the firmware recently and returned my wrangler to stock. I can easily update for whatever you would need to program. I have original box and paperwork, maybe even my receipt. Contact me by email if you would like any more info.
Your pm box is full PM me when u get a chance
KillaJeep4569 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2015, 07:51 PM   #9
meatlord
animals taste good
 
meatlord's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: western Iowa
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaJeep4569 View Post
Your pm box is full PM me when u get a chance
Contact me at jasonbeermann@gmaildotcom for contact info.
__________________
05 Rubicon "Big Stupid" / 99 XJ on 31s "Nurple" FOR SALE. / 07 WK Limited CRD GDE Hot Tuned DPF delete. / 00 TJ "One Shot Wonder"/ 03 Nissan SE-R 6 speed V spec. / 00 Suzuki DR650.
meatlord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.